The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Sorry, I'll expand a bit:

I think Palermo will demand far more than £25m for their prized asset - they'll push for something obscene like £50m (well, the world's a twisted place). Adam will cost £10m max (otherwise **** off Hollaway) - he (Adam that is) is up to speed with the demands of the Premiership . Pastore age & potential-wise IS the more desireable option, but it's a question of:

A) Are FSG prepared to pay up for a player who has massive potential ?
B) Do they want an instant return on their investment ?

If the latter, then Adam is arguably the safest way to go - he wouldn't be my first choice, but in the end it all comes down to two things: owner ambition & available transfer funds - & the two aren't mutually exclusive.

I think FSG will designate around 50m for Kenny's 'war chest', the rest being made up by player outgoings - so work out the numbers for yourself.

PS: Viva Catalunya !

The £25m price tag I'm quoting is based on what YDaphus has been saying on Twitter, and he is a very reliable source, got our January transfers spot on, so if it was £25m for him, and we could get a left-back, centre-back and one or two wingers all of which could challenge our first team, and still have £25m to spend, I think it would be silly to spend it on Adam instead.

Also, to answer your A or B question, I honestly think FSG may choose option A. Just look at Andy Carroll, £35m for a player who has bags of potential. Of course he's great now as well, but just look at Pastore playing, he is fantastic too, and even younger than Carroll! So yes, I think Pastore would not only be able to offer something for the future, but next season too. He would be as important a player as Charlie Adam immediately, probably more important, but I do believe that he would be an FSG-type target.

YDaphus seems to be a great source, so I guess I'm treating his Twitter and Anfield Index posts as the Gospel :P

Has anybody seen Andrea Poli play before. I rate him higher than Pastore as hes a more complete midfielder. Cant remember who but somebody quoted me in saying he was like a young Xabi Alonso. Seems to fit the bill more than Pastore. Also wouldnt expect him to cost more than Pastore. Id imagine £15-20M would sound right.

In other news:
JA Riise doesnt rule out Liverpool return.
Enrique could be on the move this summer.
Mourinho interested in Liverpool target Ashley Young.

All stories available on LFC official website.

Bit off topic here but are any of you guys on the Kop?
Does be some good blogs on it. I rarely use it due to not knowing anybody on it.
If anybody is on it feel free to add me. My username is stafford1988.

Also if anybody wishes to add me on facebook feel free. Im very opinionated on transfer news and reported targets.

I would also like to thank everybody who has contributed to this thread as it has been mostly spam free and has had some good discussions. By far the most active of the team threads. :)
Guess thats all, thanks guys

Liverpool, if I may intervence should buy a new centre Back, Subotic has had a great season and would be 10 million.

Liverpool, if I may intervence should buy a new centre Back, Subotic has had a great season and would be 10 million.

Yeah, its well known that were in the market for one. Hes a great player no doubt but dont want him for liverpool. We need a fast CB alongside Carra and Subotic lacks pace. More importantly we need a LB and LW. Then CB and CM

Has anybody seen Andrea Poli play before. I rate him higher than Pastore as hes a more complete midfielder. Cant remember who but somebody quoted me in saying he was like a young Xabi Alonso. Seems to fit the bill more than Pastore. Also wouldnt expect him to cost more than Pastore. Id imagine £15-20M would sound right.

In other news:
JA Riise doesnt rule out Liverpool return.
Enrique could be on the move this summer.
Mourinho interested in Liverpool target Ashley Young.

All stories available on LFC official website.

Bit off topic here but are any of you guys on the Kop?
Does be some good blogs on it. I rarely use it due to not knowing anybody on it.
If anybody is on it feel free to add me. My username is stafford1988.

Also if anybody wishes to add me on facebook feel free. Im very opinionated on transfer news and reported targets.

I would also like to thank everybody who has contributed to this thread as it has been mostly spam free and has had some good discussions. By far the most active of the team threads. :)
Guess thats all, thanks guys

Not tried the Kop yet but have now started posting on Anfield Index as LondoMolari. It's 100% Red (well, duh !) & I haven't suffered any lags or lockouts yet - unlike some forums (no names mentioned).

Mourinho can have Young as far I'm concerned & JAR can get lost - I'd like at least one senior fullback who can defend properly.

Edit: Are you on the official LFC forum or just the Kop only ? The former seems more accessable & 'chatty' & I've noticed the Walrus is posting on it.

Last edited:
Yeah, its well known that were in the market for one. Hes a great player no doubt but dont want him for liverpool. We need a fast CB alongside Carra and Subotic lacks pace. More importantly we need a LB and LW. Then CB and CM

Its wind up time for Carragher, Agger would suit Subotic perfectly.

Its wind up time for Carragher, Agger would suit Subotic perfectly.

Meh,a few of us think that Agger is too injury prone and should sell him. Hasnt featured much this season. I think Danny Wilson will eventually take over from Carra.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Not tried the Kop yet but have now started posting on Anfield Index as LondoMolari. It's 100% Red (well, duh !) & I haven't suffered any lags or lockouts yet - unlike some forums (no names mentioned).

Mourinho can have Young as far I'm concerned & JAR can get lost - I'd like at least one senior fullback who can defend properly.

Edit: Are you on the official LFC forum or just the Kop only ? The former seems more accessable & 'chatty' & I've noticed the Walrus is posting on it.

Im only on the Kop,never really looked much at the forum...

Yeah, Agger I expect to be sold. Shame, great guy, and a fantastic player when fit. I'm hoping for Phil Jones to come in, and Ayala to step up to it.

1. Pastore is only being looked at for around £25m as it is well known that Palermo at the moment, aren't the most well off.

Oh and lad's, good news:

PEPE'S STAYING!!!!

FSG want a new: LB, CB, CM, RW & LW and he likes the look of the project!!!

Not been this happy in a while! Yes Reinaaaaaa!

Pastore is overhyped on here over his FM rating, In real , Id be delighted if he went to liverpool, it means wasting some money.

A centreback, depending whether Aquilani is kept 1-2 midfielders, and then Liverpool could challenge for the league.

1. Pastore is only being looked at for around £25m as it is well known that Palermo at the moment, aren't the most well off.

Oh and lad's, good news:

PEPE'S STAYING!!!!

FSG want a new: LB, CB, CM, RW & LW and he likes the look of the project!!!

Not been this happy in a while! Yes Reinaaaaaa!

To be honest, I think Balague just confirmed what most LFC fans already knew. It doesn't take any ITK to know that we are after reinforcements for those positions. But very good news none-the-less.

Agree with you on Pastore - YDaphus said he wouldn't go for over £30m, fingers crossed!

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Pastore is overhyped on here over his FM rating, In real , Id be delighted if he went to liverpool, it means wasting some money.

A centreback, depending whether Aquilani is kept 1-2 midfielders, and then Liverpool could challenge for the league.

As a Chelsea fan, you can hardly talk about other teams wasting money ;) *cough* Torres *cough* :P

Also, I don't want Aquilani back. He's publicly said he wants to leave, we don't want players at Anfield that don't want to be.

Are you having a laugh? He is such a crucial player for Palermo it's unreal. And he is only 'overhyped' on FM is because on the game he is some sort of demi-god. In real life, he is no such thing, but he is the creative type of player that we are sorely lacking. And to be 'delighted' if he went to us is ridiculous, he is an exceptional little player with his best years ahead of him.

And wasting money? A certain FERNANDO TORRES springs to mind.

Behave yourself. 1. We don't just need a centre back and a midfielder or two, we need a good 3-5 quality players before we can even contemplate challenging for the title. For starters, Aquilani will be leaving; probably to AC Milan, Berlusconi has said he is overhauling big time this summer and wants a squad to challenge for the Champions League, and has already sounded out an interest in Aquilani. Just needing two players is ridiculous, at the very minimum we need a left back, centre back, creative central midfielder and at least one pacey winger.

Don't forget Kelly is an excellent centre back also.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Are you having a laugh? He is such a crucial player for Palermo it's unreal. And he is only 'overhyped' on FM is because on the game he is some sort of demi-god. In real life, he is no such thing, but he is the creative type of player that we are sorely lacking. And to be 'delighted' if he went to us is ridiculous, he is an exceptional little player with his best years ahead of him.

And wasting money? A certain FERNANDO TORRES springs to mind.

Behave yourself. 1. We don't just need a centre back and a midfielder or two, we need a good 3-5 quality players before we can even contemplate challenging for the title. For starters, Aquilani will be leaving; probably to AC Milan, Berlusconi has said he is overhauling big time this summer and wants a squad to challenge for the Champions League, and has already sounded out an interest in Aquilani. Just needing two players is ridiculous, at the very minimum we need a left back, centre back, creative central midfielder and at least one pacey winger.

Indeed, and if he was overhyped on here, Chelsea and such European teams would not be chasing him, not to mention the £50m valuation Palermo set in January [Presumably a scare tactic].

~IrishScouse: mentioning torres is sad and pathetic

Pastore is not the player needed, a work horse is needed to drive liverpool abit more, and a quality centre back. That should be the priority.

~IrishScouse: mentioning torres is sad and pathetic

Pastore is not the player needed, a work horse is needed to drive liverpool abit more, and a quality centre back. That should be the priority.

1. I mentioned Torres, so bore off.
2. We need a creative midfielder. Lucas is a workhorse. Kuyt is a workhorse. Spearing when he plays is a workhorse. Suarez is a workhorse.

Need anymore examples?

1. I mentioned Torres, so bore off.
2. We need a creative midfielder. Lucas is a workhorse. Kuyt is a workhorse. Spearing when he plays is a workhorse. Suarez is a workhorse.

Need anymore examples?

Yes! You need to get rid of lazy people like Rodriguez, Gerrard, Meireles, Shelvey and N'Gog!

Apparently Comolli was at the game [United vs Schalke], according to JamieDalton82 on twitter [look him up, some interesting talks on there].

Back