The Liverpool Thread

I have to say, that is a super harsh red card! I wasnt even fully expecting a pen to be given, let alone along with a red

It is a pen, but red card? I though refs where instructed to use common sense more this season.

It was the VAR Freeze Frame. Ridiculous thing made it seem like it was deliberate.

It is a pen, but red card? I though refs where instructed to use common sense more this season.

Yeah, I guess by the letter of the law it is a red, but surely this a common sense one.

Yeah, I guess by the letter of the law it is a red, but surely this a common sense one.
When you think about it, it could be red. Bounced of his knee and hit his hand. If it didn't hit his hand, it would have been a goal. But the question is - is it accidental or on purpose? And does that even matter with current rules?

When you think about it, it could be red. Bounced of his knee and hit his hand. If it didn't hit his hand, it would have been a goal. But the question is - is it accidental or on purpose? And does that even matter with current rules?

I believe that if its a denial of a goal it doesnt matter if intentional or not, but im not 100% sure on that

Chelsea tuchel are one of the best at absorbing pressure but feel like thats two points dropped considering the fortune of the red. Meh.

Wonderful game ruined by Anthony Taylor. Liverpool probably disappointed to draw that one. Fair result imo.

I agree with the pen being given but that plus a red card for an unintentional handball?! Come on…

Title countdown-
2 Wins down/ 29 to go.
7Points down/ 88 to go.

Current unbeaten League Run-
13 games. (10 W/ 3 D. F27 A 7.).

As frustrating as the final result was, a really pleasing step up from the first two solid performances. Bar a 10 minute spell when Chelsea scored a fantastic goal against the run of play, a game we completely dominated. Just a little off on a few touches, which will come. And no luck with every second ball dropping to them. But much the better side with 11 aside. And naturally dominant with the extra man against a superbly organised 9 behind the ball defence second-half. Massive kudos to Chelsea for the way the worked and threw everything in front of the ball.

Hard to fault any player today. I thought Naby Lad was exceptionally unlucky to be left out but the three that played were tireless. With Elliott showing yet again how he totally belongs at this level. He was F everywhere in another superb display. Some of the balls round the corner linking up with Mo and Trent. Talking of ...... Trent now cutting inside and running things 25 yards out from goal centrally ...... Thats r F right full! (Who we know is a right full positionally but actually is a World Class right sided playmaker who can't half defend well to boot. Which seems to confuse the living P out of Southgate who doesn't have a clue what to do with the most talented player in his squad by far. But I digress ......). I think Reece James is a wonderful player and the best in the league behind Trent at what he does. But he's LEVELS behind 66. Absolutely ridiculous what Trent continues to do. And the axis of him, Harvey and Mo has been superb the past two games.

Frustration that we didn't get the winner. Great satisfaction at reminding everyone just what a top group these lads are with the added bonus of a rocking Anfield behind them.

Another point nearer #20.

Almost perfect first three. We're a point clear of City and that are still the only side that interests me as serious challengers to our end goal. We keep ahead of them each block of three games and steadily increase it each block, we'll be in ****** good nick.

Nice break now with hardly anyone going away to continue training hard and refining things for Leeds.

All in all an enjoyable Sat'day tea-time in the sun.

The only black mark, as was sadly expected when groups of lads get together, after an afternoon bevvying, with the team we hate like most no other, the RB song came out a few times. But not nearly half as often as it normally has been against them so slowly, slowly maybe people are understanding this age and educating themselves. Baby steps.

Oh, and Anthony Taylor continues to be the biggest incompetent official of them all. It's not even a Manc bias with him. He's just a completely useless official who had an absolutely shocking game he and the lino the Main Stand side tried to ruin.

UTR!

Last edited:
Is right L'pool.

The saddest thing of all is that they've yet again been obliged to make such a statement after all the attention that was drawn to this after the opener. Not least from the manager himself who people P all over yesterday ignoring his views. I hope you feel proud of ignoring Jürgen there gob______ in your hatred of Chelsea.

Like I said last night, the positive, as much as it was sadly bound to happen given the nature of the beast, was that it was minimal compared to a normal Chelsea game. So hopefully a lot of folk are wising up, listening to the minorities most affected, and educating themselves on why this needs to stop. Baby steps.

Last edited:

Trent Alexander-Arnold vs Chelsea:
110 touches
2 clearances
2/2 tackles (100%)
3/5 ground duels won
5/7 long balls completed
5 chances created
1 big chance created

I'll never understand this weird English mentality that Lineker is from that whenever there's a superior English talent, they want him in midfield.

It was madly the same with Beckham, who's a nice comparison as Trent's the best crosser of a ball the PL's seen since him. And they wanted to take the one thing that made Beckham so special and unplayable away and move him inside into a congested area where he'd have been exceptionally limited against his skill set. Stevie Gerrard. Devastating playing off a striker with a free role to go cause as much havoc as he wanted. They wanted him in a structured central midfield role. The list goes on and on and on. And now they want to do the same with Trent.

Yeah, let's move a generational talent, who's effectively a right-sided playmaker with vision, passing ability and numbers to back it up that rival De Bruyne, one of the PL's all-time best creative playmakers, which Trent is doing from RIGHT FULL BACK where he has the whole picture ahead of him to be whatever you want him to be/ do down that right-hand side; inside into a congested area you get no time on the ball and everything ahead of you is condensed. 🤦🏼‍♂️

It's the same ***-backwards logic that doesn't have him down as the first name on England's team sheet. They haven't a clue what to do with the most talented player they possess who completely runs a game of football from right full, whilst being a ****** good defender to boot. (That myth that Trent can't defend SERIOUSLY needs to stop.). Southgate, in the mad English way, needs to bracket a FB as a FB and a winger as a winger in front of him. He can't comprehend someone who does it all and is the best in World football already at what he does. At 22-years-of-age. Oh yeah, and now he's showing he can completely F with opponents heads by coming inside when he chooses and wreaking havoc there. I just don't know how you game-plan or even attempt to pick Trent up? Does the FB go to him? Your right mid? The winger drop back as forget the space behind him, if Virgil hit's him over the top you are proper F! But I know I've NEVER seen a player, at least in England, from FB who is a genuine threat to create or score EVERY TIME he has the ball within 40/50 yards of the opponent's goal.

This outdated, perochial, limited view on things that prevails among English clubs/ fans is just utterly mad. Foreign clubs/ Nations have been using their FB's as their main attacking outlets for years. Trent is literally doing what Cafu and Roberto Carlos revolutionised the game with for Brazil.

Why on earth would anyone want to move him from where nobody on the planet can touch him?

I just don't get it? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited: