The Liverpool Thread

I'm goosed. And rather bevied. So I'll keep this short.

Today's admin-

Title Countdown:
15 wins down/ 15 to go.
51 points down/ 44 to go.

Current unbeaten PL run-
P 4 W 3 D 1 F 10 A 3 CS: 2.

Pressure firmly placed back on City. Job done.

ANY other team, be it Chelsea, United, Arsenal, who ever, that they were sat 12 points ahead of this morning, even with the games in hand, they'd have been half celebrating the league already. But City know we aren't just 'any other team.' We are the one team who's consistently been on their level the last 3 or 4 years. And they know we are just as capable as them of running the table over the last 15 games. Seeing another really professional, comfortable win to follow up theirs last night must be frustrating as all heck to them as they know they can't afford one slip or else it's even more game on than it is now. The same way we know we can't slip up at all. This is now a straight 'who blinks first' straight up shoot-out again between the two best teams in European football. Tonight was solid and could well have been more than the 2 it ended up. But everyone needs to put aside any expectations on performances from here on in. They don't matter one iota. ALL that matters is the win. EVERY game. No matter how you get them. And that's now 5 straight in all comps. 3 straight the league .... And we're just getting started!

Take care of our own business. One game at a time. And we'll see where this all winds up come the final whistle against Wolves in May. I know where I've thought it was heading from game one of the season. #20. With a lot of you probably thinking it was just was Scouse pride and bravado. Well we're now nearly half way through February and here we are. PROPER involved in a fight for EVERYTHING!

Onto Sunday and putting the yokels from Burnley firmly in their place.

One game, one win at a time.

Up the 'Doubt us at your peril!' Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
I really don’t know whet she’s trying to say their?

She seems to be both completely arguing against the data in favour of her eye teat. And completely ignoring his superb play in a slightly different role this season, that has mirrored Wijnaldums and had him looking fsr more like a traditional Klopp midfielder. Through which he would appear to finally be over his health issues until Pogba’s leg breaker set that back.

Maybe I missed something but I didn’t quite get the ooint? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I really don’t know whet she’s trying to say their?

She seems to be both completely arguing against the data in favour of her eye teat. And completely ignoring his superb play in a slightly different role this season, that has mirrored Wijnaldums and had him looking fsr more like a traditional Klopp midfielder. Through which he would appear to finally be over his health issues until Pogba’s leg breaker set that back.

Maybe I missed something but I didn’t quite get the ooint? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Do you think he will be given a new contract Scouse? Its up next year or do you think we will be moving him on as he cant stay fit when he is needed most.

Maybe it's one of these stories where bloke is actually 40.

Do you think he will be given a new contract Scouse? Its up next year or do you think we will be moving him on as he cant stay fit when he is needed most.

Has he not been fit this season far more than any other? The Pogba assault aside? Which you just can’t legislate for. People in general need to let go of the past with Keita and look at him now since they took a slow approach with him to fix his core issues. The more concerning one fitness wise for me is Thiago.

Yes, personally, I don’t think he’s going anywhere. Klopp loves him and he’s been really good when he has played the majority of the time.

Milner and maybe Oxo-Chambo could be lost from the playing side. (Although the later has quietly had his best season since before the Roma i jury so who knows there?). I’d imagine Henderson will slowly be transitioned into the Milner role. Fabinho and Naby the mid-late 20’s aged range vets. With Curtis, Harvey, Tyler and the nee Fulham lad adding quality youth and vibrance. Along with Thiago being on a different level if he can stay healthy.

I think then you add a serious long term one, be it Bellingham/ the Monaco kid/ Basouma (Sp?) or whomever, and you’re in a mighty strong position going forward across the middle.

Fun things for Julian Ward to work out with Klopp and everyone else.

He’s certainly had a great start as he ran the Diaz and Carvalho deals by all accounts.

Last edited:
Has he not been fit this season far more than any other? The Pogba assault aside? Which you just can’t legislate for. People in general need to let go of the past with Keita and look at him now since they took a slow approach with him to fix his core issues. The more concerning one fitness wise for me is Thiago.

Yes, personally, I don’t think he’s going anywhere. Klopp loves him and he’s been really good when he has played the majority of the time.

Milner and maybe Oxo-Chambo could be lost from the playing side. (Although the later has quietly had his best season since before the Roma i jury so who knows there?). I’d imagine Henderson will slowly be transitioned into the Milner role. Fabinho and Naby the mid-late 20’s aged range vets. With Curtis, Harvey, Tyler and the nee Fulham lad adding quality youth and vibrance. Along with Thiago being on a different level if he can stay healthy.

I think then you add a serious long term one, be it Bellingham/ the Monaco kid/ Basouma (Sp?) or whomever, and you’re in a mighty strong position going forward across the middle.

Fun things for Julian Ward to work out with Klopp and everyone else.

He’s certainly had a great start as he ran the Diaz and Carvalho deals by all accounts.
Bissouma is one of the best in the league for me but his character and off-the-field activities hanging over him would make me give him a miss. Bellingham would be the ideal Hendo replacement, that kid is destined for the stars. Agree with you on Thiago his fitness concerns and high wages mean I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved on, same with Keita IMO I wouldn't mind keeping him as a squad option but he too is on high wages and with a renewal would expect a pay bump. Also personally for me I just don't think he is good enough anymore for the side, one thing the article pointed out is the hit on his athleticism the constant injuries have had on him. 5 seasons he has been here and its just been moments here and there before he has broken down. Curtis and Harvey have leapfrogged him and it's best to just develop them instead of counting on Keita. Best ability is availability.

I don’t think anyones leapfrogged anyone in that midfield mate. Outside of Fabinho, and maybe Henderson still when he’s healthy, it seems nobody is guaranteed.

Horses for courses.

Grim morning to continue a league title charge.

Got to wonder if this will even go ahead given this torrential rain? And it being Turf Moor and that pitch. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

ALL our three African Kings back together! 😍😍😍

And that bench ..... Not too shabby for a club with no strength in depth aye?

If I was going to miss my last away of the season (the Saudi ***** I just refuse to give my money to accepted), then a grim day in the land that time forgot seems a pretty good choice before the next weeks Italian excesses. l things being equal, should be a straight forward 2/3 or more goal victory. But the horrid weather may keep that down.

Straight into this shower of anti-football ***** Redmen! Send them another step closer to being back where they belong!

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Today's admin-

Title Countdown:
16 wins down/ 14 to go.
54 points down/ 41 to go.

Current unbeaten PL run-
P 5 W 4 D 1 F 11 A 3 CS: 3.

Get the F in!!!!! 🕺🕺🕺

Far from the best game (Is it ever against Dyche’s anti-football groks?), played out n absolutely atrocious conditions in the town that time forgot. But another absolutely gigantic, superb win.

I’ll keep reminding this every game, but performances don't matter a jot at this stage of a title battle. ALL that matters is the W! And that’s 6 straight wins (4 consecutive in the PL) now as the quadruple charge gathers more momentum. You find a way to get the result and don’t worry about anything else. And, through a combination of digging in and battling hard, which lead to a fairly composed, controlled dominating of a game we were never really under any serious threat in, we racked up another one.

Not many standout displays but Naby Lad was my MOTM. Disciplined and worked tirelessly defensively. Always looking to create and probe going the other way. With another good half-hour back in Thiago’s legs.

Keeps City honest and nervously looking behind them. 9 points looking at 6 before they next play. Tell us again this league is done!

Roll on Milan and the return of our competition!

Up the relentless Reds!

Last edited:
@dilakh2

This should make you smile mate.

Naby Lad yesterday mate-

90% pass accuracy
12 final 3rd passes
85 touches
6 duels won
5 tackles
4 ball recoveries
2 clearances
1 cross
1 shot

Looking like a Gini regen this year in his new role.

Far be it from the mediots to actually understand and properly analyse anything. 🤦🏼‍♂️

The commentary of the game and the MOTD joke analysis was hilarious. Its like they've never heard of an offside trap and kept painting the image that Burnley were getting in behind. No mention of the organisation of the backline to stay in line so consistently.

God I hate football twitter. The disrespect Hendo gets is disgraceful for supposed Liverpool fans.