The Liverpool Thread

God I hate football twitter. The disrespect Hendo gets is disgraceful for supposed Liverpool fans.

He gave the ****** the perfect answer aye?

Let the Twitter gobshites wash over you mate. 99% of posts aren’t worth your time of day.

@dilakh2 ..... Talking the divvy gobshites on Twitter who have been madly quick to try move this lad on ..... 🤦🏼‍♂️

The Man, The Myth, The living LEG-END, Joe MF Gomez!

Best young English CH of his generation IMHO and it's not even close. I personally believe Klopp will be here after 2024, and both the immediate and long term at the position under him is proper boxed with a top 4 CH group that's, at worst, as strong as any club in World football.

It's taken to the last handful of games for big Virg to finally begin regaining full strength and fitness again after his horrific injury. And JMG is no different. All a process. Brilliant, if unsurprising, given how mature he's always been, to see he has the perfect attitude for the long haul.

@dilakh2 ..... Talking the divvy gobshites on Twitter who have been madly quick to try move this lad on ..... 🤦🏼‍♂️

The Man, The Myth, The living LEG-END, Joe MF Gomez!

Best young English CH of his generation IMHO and it's not even close. I personally believe Klopp will be here after 2024, and both the immediate and long term at the position under him is proper boxed with a top 4 CH group that's, at worst, as strong as any club in World football.

It's taken to the last handful of games for big Virg to finally begin regaining full strength and fitness again after his horrific injury. And JMG is no different. All a process. Brilliant, if unsurprising, given how mature he's always been, to see he has the perfect attitude for the long haul.
He needs to be playing though Scouse. He is at an age where he needs first team footie. The question is will he wait for us, considering the world cup is around the corner. If we do sell him, we will regret it but he probably should've gone on loan during Jan imo.

He needs to be playing though Scouse. He is at an age where he needs first team footie. The question is will he wait for us, considering the world cup is around the corner. If we do sell him, we will regret it but he probably should've gone on loan during Jan imo.

So what's the point in having quality depth then?

I honestly don't get this? Joe fully recovers his fitness. And for argument's sake, he's starting more regularly alongside VVD than anyone else. Matip doesn't play. Does he then need to go? Does Konaté then need to look elsewhere for game time? Or Matip breaks down, and we are down to just the big man and Konaté. Then the narrative becomes 'Why the F have we allowed Joe to go out on loan?'

This time last year we were down to midfielders filling and, and 5th/ 6th/ 7th choice inexperienced kids at CH. Now we have top-quality depth, two of whom are still rehabbing back to full fitness off serious injury's, people want to move him on as he needs to play. And then in the next breath, they madly (and falsely), say we don't have the squad to compete with City/ Fenway have no ambition/ won't spend et al.

I know that's mostly not what you're saying per se, but that's the ***** that gets regularly thrown around. (And lest we forget there's not so much much been one word of unrest for Gomez. All mediot and ********, reactionary 'fan' speculation.).

I just don't get what makes these ****** happy? 🤷‍♂️

I honestly don't get this? Joe fully recovers his fitness. And for argument's sake, he's starting more regularly alongside VVD than anyone else. Matip doesn't play. Does he then need to go? Does Konaté then need to look elsewhere for game time? Or Matip breaks down, and we are down to just the big man and Konaté. Then the narrative becomes 'Why the F have we allowed Joe to go out on loan?'

This time last year we were down to midfielders filling and, and 5th/ 6th/ 7th choice inexperienced kids at CH. Now we have top-quality depth, two of whom are still rehabbing back to full fitness off serious injury's, people want to move him on as he needs to play. And then in the next breath, they madly (and falsely), say we don't have the squad to compete with City/ Fenway have no ambition/ won't spend et al.

I know that's mostly not what you're saying per se, but that's the ***** that gets regularly thrown around. (And lest we forget there's not so much much been one word of unrest for Gomez. All mediot and ********, reactionary 'fan' speculation.).

I just don't get what makes these ****** happy? 🤷‍♂️
Im thinking from Joe POV longterm although and take this with a pinch of salt (although I believe the fella) but someone from the area his from says that Joe has no intention in leaving and loves the club but there is some personal stuff in the background that the club is taking time with him especially coming back from the injury. That might be the reason why he has been in the dark this season.

Im thinking from Joe POV longterm although and take this with a pinch of salt (although I believe the fella) but someone from the area his from says that Joe has no intention in leaving and loves the club but there is some personal stuff in the background that the club is taking time with him especially coming back from the injury. That might be the reason why he has been in the dark this season.

I can believe that mate WAY more than any report linking him away as there's been absolutely NOTHING from Gomez other than loving life at the club and in the City.

We might have the most depth in Midfield but like I've mentioned before certain players will have to be culled this summer because the nosedive in quality when its isn't Thiago/Fab/Hendo is alarming. Matip surely has to be dropped now for Konate as he was terrible today didn't deal with long balls and those fancy runs ain't covering up his poor performances lately. Loverly moment for Diaz to get his first of many goals for us. Oh and Thiago is different gravy.

I mean it's classic FM problem - quality rarely wants to sit on bench, so you either sell them or give them a bigger contract every 2 years to stop them from whining all the time

I mean it's classic FM problem - quality rarely wants to sit on bench, so you either sell them or give them a bigger contract every 2 years to stop them from whining all the time

You seem to have stumbled into the wrong thread and are confusing us with United or some other **** mate.

Last edited:
If Carlsberg did the perfect Sat’day …..

First Todays/ Yesterdays Admin-

Title Countdown:
17 wins down/ 13 to go.
57 points down/ 38 to go.

Current Unbeaten League Run-
6 games: W 5 D 1 F 14 A 4 CS: 3.

5 consecutive PL wins/ 8 straight in all competitions.

Messi-Mo hasn’t got into the admin for a while as it was getting silly the weekly records he was breaking, but to rack up 150 goals in just 233 games, the second quickest to the mark in the clubs history ….. BEYOND phenomenal. And heck knows how many assists he has in there to boot too …..

And Mo being Mo, there had to be yet another record fall ….. Yesterday was the 30th time in the PL era he and Sadio scored in the same game ….. a record for two players at one club in the competitions history.

Now then!

Watching the mighty Reds rack up yet another massive win was brilliant enough.

But to top that by getting into town to see Tottenham beat City (always said that Harry Kane was a great guy 😛), and watching L’pool react in top party mode like only L’pool can, made for the best Sat’day night in ages. May God go with all our livers come May if we are celebrating #20, when folk are celebrating a Tottenham win like that! Side note- Spare a thought for the poor Blues. Not only can they not go out and avoid gleeful Reds everywhere. They’ll be in absolute turmoil this week not knowing who to support next Sat’day tea-time in their game against City! Hard life being a fan of the little club.

League well and truly back in our own hands! One in the eye for all the reactionary madness from the divvy’s in the media, opposition fans, and, madly, many Reds who handed City the title back at Christmas. 🤦‍♂️

City blinked first in 2022 at Southampton. Now they’ve blinked again and put it back in our control.
If they blink for a third time before we meet at the Etihad …..

Rather than focus on our wonderful attackers (Just HOW good was that Diaz goal BTW? Henderson’s ball to him was made easy by the superb out-to-in run), or Jurgens boss substitutions and formation switch to 4-4-2, a special mention for two lads who don’t always get the praise-

Naby Lad is looking more and more like a Gini regen. Not his best outing yesterday. But absolutely integral to the wn and our overall play. Thiago was highlight reel superb when he came on. But our #8 had put in the hard graft, dirty work to make that possible.

And just HOW good was our oft forgotten CH playing at right full? 😍😍😍

For a first PL start in over 15 LONG months of injury rehab, JMG had an outstanding afternoon. Oh how I’ve missed that defensive composure. And he was bombing forward to be a menace the other end too! Boss to have you back and firing for the run in to the quadruple mate!

What a squad. What a day. What a time to be a Liverpudlian!

Onto Leeds and piling more pressure on City!

Up the ‘Don’t remember us? Well yers F do NOW!’ relentless Reds!

Last edited:
Leeds should be well heavy legged Wednesday after that battle in those horrid conditions.

Add that to their continued, amateur naivety at the back and that should well flip the GD all things being equal.

He's one of the best players when under pressure. Cool, calm and collected

1645473761091.png

That's what you get for doing deals with Bayern. If they let somebody go, there's usually a good reason. In the end it's the consistency that seperates a good player from truly elite players. If Thiago had fitness of Xavi he would be among the the best center mids of all time.