The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
1646594751417.png

'You Scouse bastards, We're coming for you!' ......

The scab inbreds still love us then.

Mad how a whole generation of L'pool fans won't appreciate or even know just what a rivalry/ hatred there is between ourselves and Forest being as we haven't played them for a generation. (And Derby come to that when it comes to East Midlands _____. But that's another story.).

Wanted Huddersfield. This one will be naughty. And the ridiculous KO time of 6 PM doesn't help with that either, 🤬

See yers a week Sunday gobshites. Not yers hero Clough though. That despicable, P up rat will still be burning in **** God willing. VERY slowly!

We've won more matches in Europe this season than the blue ***** has in the league and we've only played 7 matches in Europe! 🤣🤣

I assume you was at the game scouse hope that incident that occurred in the first half wasn't serious.

I assume you was at the game scouse hope that incident that occurred in the first half wasn't serious.

Happening WAY too often this season this isn't it? Presume whatever was wrong with whoever turned out fine as it was over in 5 minutes and the players never left the pitch. Mad how they are now attuned to stop and signal for help as soon as they pick up on a problem. And then casually restart playing after with no issues.

Another major step toward our 4 pronged goals. Tonight was another good night with another box ticked to that end. ✅

Today's Admin-

There is no admin as the unbeaten run stops at 15. ☹️

I actually really enjoyed that from a totally relaxed viewpoint and watching a completely different tactical side to our game that lead to a really comfortable, professional job over the two legs. That's as easy and comfortable a two-legged knockout tie in Europe as you could wish to have. Inter offered next to nothing the final third to panic anyone over both games.

I mean it's frustrating to lose at Anfield in Europe. But then when you've won 7 straight European Cup games this year it's hardly a biggie when you finally drop one. And we were bang average both legs. But we never had to be anything else as Inter offered little to no threat either game outside of a few chances and a Worldie goal. I never once felt nervous through all of tonight's game. (And neither were the crowd as a collective which is a nice development as to our patience and faith in them again.). And, on another night, Mo bags a couple and we comfortably win 3 or so. But the woodwork decreed otherwise tonight. That's football. Sometimes the luck goes with you. Other times it goes against you.

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere though the evening, and I know it's somehow madly niche to laugh at Klopp when he mentions it, but the wind was horrid and swirling all night. Really affects the quality of the game and it's seemed to get worse at Anfield ever since the main stand development. It's always been harsh. But never constantly swirling like it now gets when it whips up.

So, to the wind, you add in a woeful refereeing performance, along with L'pool not having to force anything with the tie clinched out in Northern Italy two weeks back and able to just play a containing game, albeit a little slack at times in doing that, and an Inter side with little attacking threat to seriously trouble anything; and you get a less than thrilling, if utterly compelling, game. But an enjoyable, old school European second leg for those of us that grew up on two-legged ties similar to this.

ALL that matters in two-legged, straight knockout European togger is being in the hat. And we are once again among the final 8 teams in the biggest trophy of them all. Churlish to nark at a loss when we comfortably won the tie.

Job done. Onto Brighton and giving Pep more backside issues.

Up the STILL Quadruple Charging Reds!

I guess the club has settled on the final offer going by Klopps recent comments which is completely different tone to what was being said before. The wage structure we have is their for a reason and as much as I love Salah, he is the wrong side of his career for us to obliterate it. His agent laughing at Klopps comments on twitter is unprofessional af but atleast its not raiola.

Seems like the agent is overplaying his hand a bit. Salah would be 31 when his contract runs out, multi-year extension on massively increased wages is a big risk.

Seems like the agent is overplaying his hand a bit. Salah would be 31 when his contract runs out, multi-year extension on massively increased wages is a big risk.
The ball is in Salahs court. He has been offered the highest contract in the clubs history. Any other move would be a sidestep at best. Ali, Virg, Fab etc can all go elsewhere and get twice the wages they want but the structure/bonus etc and the sporting reasons also play a part in why they committed long term. Liverpool's wage bill is already one of the highest in the league and the current structure has served the club well. Otherwise you end up giving 350k a week to a goalkeeper and have the backup keeper on 100k plus too.

My personal opinion is he will be sold come summer. Either way no player is bigger than the club.

And mine is he's here for the remainder of his career and this is much ado about nothing. Oh, and he won't be smashing our wage structure either.

Maybe they use the next International break to announce things and put this to bed. 🤷‍♂️

But it's a total irrelevance regardless at this stage of a quadruple charge.

And mine is he's here for the remainder of his career and this is much ado about nothing. Oh, and he won't be smashing our wage structure either.

Maybe they use the next International break to announce things and put this to bed. 🤷‍♂️

But it's a total irrelevance regardless at this stage of a quadruple charge.
I sincerely hope so but either way it is is unnecessary distraction especially at this time.

Not that 31 is old in today's game, but I don't think Mo's age is any kind of a risk to anything mate.

He's a Ronaldo/ Zlatan freakish athletic specimen that's got years left in him at the highest level.

Sure, nowadays dudes tend to play into mid 30s IF they can rely more on physicality when the speed starts going. But Salah ain't exactly Arnold. We've all seen this type of player hit the downward spiral the moment magic number changes from 2 to 3.

Back