The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
On the ordinary. Let’s get this weekend started!

’We’re on the march with Jurgens army …..!’

Elliot coming in like an annoying little yappy dog with the shove :ROFLMAO:
He does that on the street and he'd be knocked the f**k out in seconds :rolleyes:

He does that on the street and he'd be knocked the f**k out in seconds :rolleyes:

Milner grabbed him right away before he got carded like enough of that young man.

If the Police allowed the kind of assaults that useless **** Attwell let go all game yesterday there be absolute anarchy on the streets.

Milner grabbed him right away before he got carded like enough of that young man.

PROPER captain. Something Gerrard never (and even Henderson in instances like that) was.

Goes in to get Harvey out of it. Tells Rudiger (the big hard ******* picking on a kid) to clearly F off! THAT'S a leader.

Last edited:
*Sings 'One Kiss is all it takes, Fallin in Love with Me, Possibilities ..... ' Just as you think the mad, pre-final rave in the ground in Kyiv 4 years back wouldn't be emulated, Wembley did their research and realised NO Reds Final is now complete without a Dua Lipa mini-rave in the stands! 🕺🕺🕺🥰

Today's/ Yesterday's Admin-

Current Unbeaten Run All Comps-
13 Games: W 10 D 3 F 31 A 6 CS: 8.

A record NINTH Football League Cup won. From a record THIRTEENTH final.

And with that, we now move 4 clear in total major trophies won by an English club from, with absolutely no disrespect intended to any other club, and as much as many Reds won't like reading this on them, the only other PROPER Super Club in this Country that really matter, Manchester United.

Total Major Trophies Won in English Football History-

Liverpool -49.
Manchester United-45.

Although to be fair to United, if you include Charity/ Community Shields (And I'll NEVER understand why many folks don't as you invariably have to win one of the majors (PL or FA Cup), to even have the chance to contest the season curtain-raiser), then they would lead the all-time list 66- 64. NO other English club comes close to the two North-West behemoths.

Try telling us again the League Cup doesn't matter after ending a LONG 10-year wait for another one.

Try telling us again the League Cup doesn't matter when you look at the absolute, childlike exuberance of multi-millionaires who have it all. Celebrating like they'd won the PL, CL and WC combined! Another absolutely superb day out with our absolutely superb football team doing what we do best. Proving people wrong and making memories that last a lifetime.

As much as that absolute buffoon Attwell tried to ruin the game with his base incompetence, and as much as Tommy Tucker had his side tried every last spoiling trick in the book to slow and disrupt the game, the mighty Reds came out on top to complete the first quarter of the quadruple that's now an absolute Red juggernaut charging down the silverware highway toward.

But what made it as much as anything for me yesterday was seeing the complete range in emotions of a great mate's young 10-year-old son at his first-ever final. Who went from tears at Matip's goal being madly ruled out, through the full gambit of emotions the peno shoot-out. To absolute, unbridled ecstasy after that arrogant ____ Kepa did a Geoff Thomas on the crucial last penalty. And in so doing helped myself through 22 LONG penalty's. As has been documented on here many times previously, I don't watch penalties. I always turn my back and gauge the reaction from whoever is directly behind me. A superstition that started when I was little older than that young man's tender age, at my first European Cup Final in Rome in '84 when I was too terrified to watch. And that was brought crashing back yesterday when I picked him up to stand him on his seat (he was, bless him, literally shaking in anticipated fear at the prospect of losing. With his dad in bits for him in his seat), and we came to a quick agreement that we needed to believe and cross everything together as the final still wasn't lost. So, picking him up to stand on his seat, the wobbling lip was replaced with a collective holding of crossed hands, with him talking me through the penalties, as I encouraged him with each player stepping up that they'd score and the Redmen had this. Celebrating and commiserating with each kick. To him then calling that Quive would score and win it as he was 'a striker before he became a goalie yanno', and the best collective hug I've EVER had at a game when the shaking fear of defeat in his first final was replaced by the biggest smile of joy only kids can bring at the win.

Soz to bore folk with that, but that's totally what this game is all about and what makes it so endearing from one generation to the next. And it totally topped off a perfect day out with Jürgens Red Army watching the greatest team in the World make yet more priceless memories. Reminding me just what I was like as a kid and just HOW the Reds, and them winning, was ALL that mattered in my young life at the time.

Can't beat your first mate. And as you've been fortunate to be born a Red, it most certainly won't be your last.

Man, we're F ace at this football lark, aren't we?

One down. Three to go!

This quadruple charge might well be the death of me!

Up the MIGHTY Reds!

VAR must suck the joy out of watching the game live though. Imagine going mad and limb everywhere and the goal gets canceled out in a final.

Never change with these low life *****-

Surprisingly, we nearly got to the end of Wembley before the game way before the first ...... 'Mur-der-ers, Mur-der-ers/ Always the victims' .....

..... Walking back down there after, stepping over discarded plastic flags, made it all the sweeter!

Liverpool play Brighton at the AMEX this month. I would ask for some tickets, but last time Liverpool were scheduled to play Brighton at the AMEX in March (or April, can't remember now, but close enough) Covid happened. Im scared if I ask again, WW3 is going to break out lol

Another day. Another competition. Another L’pool win. 😎

Today’s Admin-

Current Unbeaten Run All Comps-
14 games: W 11 D 3 F 33 A 7 CS: 8.

Just what the doctor ordered after a Cup Final that went the distance. A very comfortable stroll into our first FA Cup quarter under Jürgen where we barely had to break a sweat.

Few shoutouts:

Kudos to Taki San. Again. That’s now 9 goals in 22 games this season. Making him our 4th highest scorer. Only 4 goals behind Sadio. Does anyone still not think he’s a quality member of this squad now he’s fully assimilated over here?

Curtis with an excellent 45 to silence the mad, WAY OTT reactions to a top-quality young player who’s still developing and learning as he goes. In one of the best squads in World football.

Tyler’s dream first pro-season continues with a 9th first-team appearance and counting for the 19-year-old I honestly didn’t expect to make one this year. Massive bonus out of Kirkby who’s taken a mighty leap forward this year. He'll stick long term. I have little doubt about that.

Job done. Not a bad one to miss.

An away draw please football Gods tomorrow. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Not too bothered where. Or else it will leave a mad scramble for semi/ final tickets all in one ballot from just home games which would not be good. At all.

Up the trophy rapacious Reds!

Last edited:
Just because. 😎

1646300667195.png

Perfect Cup draw

Needed the away tie for semi/ final purposes.

But F Forest! Scab bastards! Come on Huddersfield!

Get the F in Redmen!!!!! 🕺🕺🕺

Today's Admin-

Title Countdown:
19 wins down/ 11 to go.
63 points down/ 32 to go.

Current Unbeaten League Run-
8 games: W 7 D 1 F 21 A 4 CS: 5.

What an absolutely MAMMOTH 3 points that was. You know just how important it is when 'r Jürgies fist-bumping at the end again! 😍😍😍

Credit West Ham. (Not their oh so original, hilariously witty <NOT🤦🏼‍♂️> support. But that's exactly what we've come to expect from those cretins over the years.). They made that a real scrap. Without playing that well themselves. We weren't on it at all. And rode our luck there big time. But ALL that matters in a title race is the W. And these magnificent Reds are doing that more consistently than anyone on this charge. 7 straight and counting now in the league. They just find a way to dog it out and get the 3 points.

I thought Trent and Ibou were particular standouts on a day big Virg had a stinker. But a special mention for someone who still, madly, is many's favourite scapegoat despite the excellent season he's put together-

Naby Keïta.

Now, I appreciate this is hard to do via the small microcosm of your TV screen. But try focusing on Naby Lad for a 5/10 minute spell during games. He's looking more and more like a Gini regen with each passing game in this new role this year. The off the ball, hard graft work he and Jordan put in today was ridiculous. And he just kept it nice and simple when he had it to keep everything ticking over. Whilst still managing to be a big attacking threat with some great balls that on another day are putting the front three clean through.

Excellent outing from our #8.

Roll on Tuesday night and yet another different competition as the quadruple charge gathers even more pace.

Huge 3 points. Job done. Again. Now, over to City to try shake that pain in their **** for another weekend!

Up the Relentless Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Back