The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Even if he's 31 at the end of the contract, he'll still have at least 2-3 years at top level. Football have gone long way since being 30 is the end of your career. If he doesn't sign the contract, he'll be gone in the Summer. There will be lots of buyers for him but only few match Liverpools ambition.

YES Naby Lad!

Should be a really good watch this being as Brighton like to play open football and attack. But all things being equal, it will only be as hard as we make it.

I like Potter and what he’s got going at Brighton a lot. If he had more money at his disposal, he’d have them challenging for Europe. But he doesn’t. And consequently, they’ve zero attacking threat to finish all the good work. And now, with their season done and safety secured, they are patently on their holidays.

First of another 2 massive away wins this week in the context of City as Lego heads Arsenal aren’t much cop either.

Comfy 2/3- 0.

Straight into these Redmen!

That free?

Looking at how bad Utd are defensively, I fancy Oakley Cannonier to beat Mo to 20 league goals this morning by a few hours before he invarably passes that against Brighton haha.
Surprised by our line up tbh. I know we had 2 huge u18s matches this week. But to rest all the big boys even from the squad.

5-5 lmao. Crazy match. Terrible defending.

I’ll wait until I see the highlights Monday but I’m gonna’ bet the notorious Kirkby wind played as big a part of anything if that was rhe final score.

It’s been pretty wild here so I’d guess it was whipping in all directions as it does up there coming off the exposed M57.

I’ll wait until I see the highlights Monday but I’m gonna’ bet the notorious Kirkby wind played as big a part of anything if that was rhe final score.

It’s been pretty wild here so I’d guess it was whipping in all directions as it does up there coming off the exposed M57.
Certainly didn’t help. But the defending was 🤮🤣

YES, the mighty Reds! 🕺🕺🕺

Today’s Admin-

Title Countdown:
20 wins down/ 10 to go.
66 points down/ 29 to go.

Current Unbeaten League Run-
9 games: W 8 D 1 F 23 A 4 CS: 6

City-
P 28 PTS 69 F 68 A 18 GD + 50
Liverpool-
P 28 PTS 66 F 73 A 20 GD + 53.

Just like West Ham last Sat’day, albeit in much easier circumstances as Brighton were abjectly poor, another massive win to pile the pressure back onto City. The 8th in a row in the PL now for these imperious Reds.

Things I LOVED-

Brighton wearing their third kit, at home, in solidarity with Ukraine. Top gesture. 👏🏻👏🏻

Great to see Lallana, who was one of the key foundation stones of what we now are. Gutted for him that it was only for 7 mins as his hammy went. Always has been desperately unlucky bless him.

Luis Díaz. MOTM. Brilliant goal. (From an exquisite Matip ball.). Brilliant work rate. Brilliant addition.

Messi-Mo. I run out of superlatives on these match missives for our Egyptian phenom. That’s now the 4th season out of 5 he’s bagged 20 or more goals in the league. (32/ 22/ 19/ 22/ 20 and counting.). 115 league goals through 171 PL games in red. He’s our RIGHT WINGER!!!!! Phenomenal.

Old school, anti-Forest songs being dusted off and coming out in preparation for next Sunday! 😍

Things I HATED-

Stuart F Attwell !!!!! 🤬

If someone can remotely explain just HOW he deemed Sánchez's challenge on Díaz to not be serious foul play I’m all ears ….. He never even asked Dean to look at it! Abysmal VAR job. Díaz was real fortunate that he wasn’t seriously injured. And the goalie never even got booked! Never mind being shown the red he deserved.

Another MASSIVE ❌ for the officials.

All in all, a nice, leisurely outing before Arsenal and Forest. Job done.

10 more of those Redmen!

Over to City to respond.

Up the relentless Reds! FTT!!!!

Last edited:
@dilakh2

I thought Naby Lad was quietly excellent again yesterday mate. Becoming more and more a Gini regen in his new, tweaked role this year the more consistent rhythm he gets.

We’ve won as many cup games in 2022 as the blue ***** have in the league all season!

And more league points!

@dilakh2

I thought Naby Lad was quietly excellent again yesterday mate. Becoming more and more a Gini regen in his new, tweaked role this year the more consistent rhythm he gets.
As long as he can stay available but theres a reason he has had his role tweaked. The constant injuries have robbed him of his mobility and athleticism and you can tell. We shall see if he gets an extension but it looks like Ox is the odd man out and will probably be moved on in the summer.

As long as he can stay available but theres a reason he has had his role tweaked. The constant injuries have robbed him of his mobility and athleticism and you can tell. We shall see if he gets an extension but it looks like Ox is the odd man out and will probably be moved on in the summer.

I love you mate that's the most ridiculous piece of bunkum you could have posted.

It's like reading a twitter agenda.

I love you mate that's the most ridiculous piece of bunkum you could have posted.

It's like reading a twitter agenda.
Think your love for Keita is getting the best of you. He isn't the same player signed from Leipzig at all, still has excellent technique but the athleticism watching him compared to before is night and day. Unless you see otherwise but agree to disagree. Klopp likes him as a squad player but the only reason he will get a contract is to protect his value IMO. Either way, he isn't the first choice and is in the ox category for me that the team has moved on from him and he isn't good enough to be the first choice. Still a good option to have in the squad but availability is the best ability.

Back