The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
All boxed via Faro going out and Malaga coming back.

1981 all over again.

Win in Munich the second leg of the semi. Then put Real in their place the final in Paris! 🎉🎊🕺🕺🕺🎊🎉

Bit off topic, but alas

Here's one of your own, looks like a proper lad. First thing he says in the interview is that he's not taking any questions from The S*n and Daily Mail. Also, he's a big Liverpool fan.

He’s a proper scal that makes for funny headlines and soundbites. (I guess that goes with the image in that game.). But he tells it straight like it is when things need saying.

Although his delivery could be better, he’s certainly passionate and absolutely bang on when you listen to his full responses.

I’ve little interest in what he does, and thats the first time I’ve ever listened to him outside of short clips and soundbites, but he’s certainly passionate for standing up for what he believes in being right and wrong. When you cut through the scally delivery, and listen to his full answers, his morals are completely in the right place.

Bit off topic, but alas

Here's one of your own, looks like a proper lad. First thing he says in the interview is that he's not taking any questions from The S*n and Daily Mail. Also, he's a big Liverpool fan.
He's a racist **** with previous. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Edit:
I didn't even have to dig that far. He's gone off/said worse things. He doesn't represent the values of the people of Liverpool or those that I've met. Terrible human being in general.

Last edited:
Another day, another L'pool win in yet another different completion.

Today's/ Yesterday's Admin-

Current Uneaten Run All Comps-
3 games: W 3 F 6 CS: 3.

First FA Cup semi reached since 2015 BK= Before Klopp.

Well, that was proper old school. On edge walking to and from that shithole. But LOVING the venom being thrown around among the scab twats. 'We CAN'T lose to the Scouse btards! this 'Horrible, work-shy Scouse btards!' that ..... A proper strange set of weird meffs them. I mean I get the stereotypical 'Sign on' S etc. And, as much as it hit home EXACTLY as the low lifes wanted, the last block of the ramshackle arl' main stand belting out that despicable POS Brian Clough's name to wind us up after the heinous things he stood by to his last breath over our City, Scousers in general, and the worst day of any of lives in '89. All of which that was met in kind by reminding them what a set of scab btards they are and just what proper Tory behaviour that is. As unsavoury as all that is, that's just football rivalry that gets increased when there's long-standing hatred thrown in.

But then you get comedy gold like 'Where's your famous atmosphere?' ..... Uhmmmm, aside from the irony that it obviously is famous for you to bring it up, you're the home team here knobheads. The atmosphere in your ground is on you. 🤦🏼‍♂️ ..... 'Fergies right, yer fans are *****!' ..... I don't even know where to begin with that one ..... And something about Klopp being a **** football manager. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

A proper weird bunch. So it was even sweeter to beat them when we so off it. Yet even at that, the only real trouble Forest caused us was invariably of our own making from our initial mistakes giving it away. And if we hadn't been so poor the final third (Heck knows what Bobby was doing with that! early 🤷‍♂️), the games sowed up well earlier than it was. But credit to them for fighting hard and keeping it honest. And as , let's be honest, P poor as we were, credit to us that we can make 7 changes, bringing in some lads that hadn't played in weeks, and still find a way to win a proper, old school rivalry cup tie like that. That was a real battle out there.

I'll give a shout out to both FB's (JMG in particualr) and Naby Lad. And I thought Taki San was tidy and lively when he came on. Maybe the two CH's too. But after that you are really struggling to find any good individual performances. The rest of the midfield outside of Keïta was poor. (As much as he works his backside off, it's just not happening for Oxo-Chambo at all is it? Struggling to see how much he has left here beyond this season.). And the front three stunk the gaff out with horrendous decision making all game. Big props to the manager too for the subs and tweak in formation. I honestly didn't know you could bring 4 on together but thankfully he did haha.

When the highlight of the day, Jota's winner aside, is the best 'at a ground' food I think I've ever had which was literally a leg of the most succulent pork, apple sauce, and stuffing in a bread cake (See. I can be nice about Nottingham haha), that tells you all about how off it L'pool were. But in straight knock-out, Cup tie football, ALL that matters is the W and being in the hat. And now we have another day out in that there London. Against the only other team in Europe on our level. And one which the quadruple charge is most definitely going through. Two season-defining weekends in a row against Stockport and Oldham's finest. What top-level sport is ALL about.

Great to renew the rivalry again. (Thankfully, bar one scuffle outside, and a few lads getting lashed out the ground, it seems to have passed relatively trouble free. So the mad PR jobs the clubs did last week paid off.). Even better to FINALLY see a win at Forest on my 11th visit. But I sincerely hope we don't come across the inbred scab btards for another 23 years!

Up the 'In it to win it ALL!' Reds!

Last edited:
Just to add to the semi madness, as if it being Easter weekend wasn't bad enough, there are both no trains running from L'pool or Manchester. And there's a tube strike thrown in to add to the 'fun.'

But ya' know, making the max out of Wembley is ALL that matters!

Steven Gerrard... My new hero.

"He's a good player, he's an outstanding talent and I love him. But he can't complain about that side. That's football.

"I'm sitting here now with screws in my hips, I've had about 16 operations, I'm struggling to go to the gym at the moment. That's all on the back of earning a living in English football. He'll learn and he'll learn quick."

The Ev’s attempt ended in August. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1648212133670.png

*L'pool's is currently ongoing until
April 13 at least.

Last edited:
Back