The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Seriously Liverpool fans, SERIOUSLY !!!

https://p.twimg.com/AlAkQEcCAAAfFXs.jpg

The guy is small and black [supposedly what "negrito" means].. So, no, not seriously.. It's called a joke, certainly made me laugh.

I think you need to learn how to take a joke.. Which is quite ironic really considering all the **** ones you spam us with day in day out. (;

I was disgusted to read this and I think this is one of those cases where you need to take a step back from your club allegiances and say "this is not acceptable, this is wrong." For Dalglish to say this after the player in question was found guilty of racially abusing a fellow player is disgraceful.

Liverpool fans, this is the time to step away from the club line and condemn their actions. They're making you look like mugs so they don't have to lose face, they disrespect your amazing loyalty by spewing bullshit and expecting you to support it. If you really take pride in your colours then don't let help them ruin your image your reputation as one of England's great clubs.

****, I think I just missed the bandwagon. As a Liverpool fan I agree with Kenny, and I'm sure the majority do too, get over it.

[Refer to Lee's post as to why]

So you are saying that he almost split his shin is a great tackle. Sigh I wonder about individuals sometimes.

What a massive exaggeration. Have you ever even played football before? There is a huge, huge, huge, huge, huge difference between being studded [accidentally, during a great challenge] and having someone break your shin..

Last edited:
I didn't see the match last night, but I've seen the Suarez volley on Parker video, and spent about half an hour watching it, and tbh I think it's more reckless and clumsy than intentional. Definately a yellow but not a red.

"What a massive exaggeration. Have you ever even played football before? There is a huge, huge, huge, huge, huge difference between being studded [accidentally, during a great challenge] and having someone break your shin.."

That was the most idiotic statement I have heard from you.

I believe a great challenge is when you get the ball and not have to go through a player. That is football. If you have to get the player as well then that is reckless. Not that great at tackles. Jeez. You would have been up in arms if that was King on one of your players.

Last edited:
I didn't see the match last night, but I've seen the Suarez volley on Parker video, and spent about half an hour watching it, and tbh I think it's more reckless and clumsy than intentional. Definately a yellow but not a red.

That's what I thought, although I didn't want to say it encase I get flamed for being biased. When I saw it I cringed, but I don't think Suarez did it on purpose... It was stupid and reckless but a red would have been a little harsh. I don't know.

I believe a great challenge is when you get the ball and not have to go through a player. That is football. If you have to get the player as well then that is reckless. Not that great at tackles. Jeez. You would have been up in arms if that was King on one of your players.

Hm, agree on the "great challenge" thing.. But it was hardly a leg breaker. And no, I wouldn't be up in arms over a challenge like that, I thought it was fine, you're going to get a few stud marks when you play football..

I didnt see the game either, but I just watched the Suarez/Parker video. Imo, it was a complete accident. Suarez always has his eyes on the ball. Yellow yes, Red no.

I havent seen the Skrtel tackle, but it sounds like it was a strong tackle where he got the ball, then Bale?

There have been lots of red cards recently that have really annoyed me. Huth's red card came to mind. There are 6-7 more this season that I remembered that annoyed me. What has happened to football nowaday? Can you not make a tackle?

That's what I thought, although I didn't want to say it encase I get flamed for being biased. When I saw it I cringed, but I don't think Suarez did it on purpose... It was stupid and reckless but a red would have been a little harsh. I don't know.

Hm, agree on the "great challenge" thing.. But it was hardly a leg breaker. And no, I wouldn't be up in arms over a challenge like that, I thought it was fine, you're going to get a few stud marks when you play football..

Think it would've been harsh to be honest. Think it was a severe case of over-eagerness on his behalf-after being out for 8 games any player would be desperate to make an impact and will at some point do something a bit rash. But I agree-red may have been too harsh

My point is that sort of challenge was acceptable in the 70's and 80's and would expect it a non proffesional level so yes I would expect it to happen on a Sunday league match. But by a proffesional in the PL I think we can agree that it was not a great tackle as Eliteg quoted.

My point is that sort of challenge was acceptable in the 70's and 80's and would expect it a non proffesional level so yes I would expect it to happen on a Sunday league match. But by a proffesional in the PL I think we can agree that it was not a great tackle as Eliteg quoted.

I agree, maybe it wasn't a great tackle.. But it also definitely didn't nearly break his leg, as you said. (;

I agree, maybe it wasn't a great tackle.. But it also definitely didn't nearly break his leg, as you said. (;

Well no, but in slightly different circumstances it could well have. In this case his leg is in the air, so it wasn't quite as dangerous. If his leg had been planted, with weight on it...

The Skrtel tackle last night it what makes the PL the best league in the world. Its what you want to see from your players, a full hearted 100% committed tackle. Yeah he caught Bales leg in the process but the ball was there to be won and Skrtel did exactly that! Lets hope Martin brings that desire and commitment to the United game this coming Saturday! YNWA!

Ah, racism, violence and cats. We do occasionally still talk about football at Anfield from time to time...

Well no, but in slightly different circumstances it could well have. In this case his leg is in the air, so it wasn't quite as dangerous. If his leg had been planted, with weight on it...

if...

He didn't.

The hypocrisy of some Liverpool fans (And their manager, while we're at it) never ceases to amaze me. Rodwell's tackle on Suarez was 'a bad challenge, dangerous, reckless and showing his studs', but Skrtel's tackle was 'full hearted, 100% commited, with a lot of desire'.

If they gave 3 points for each hypocritical statement then Liverpool would top the league with ease.

The hypocrisy of some Liverpool fans (And their manager, while we're at it) never ceases to amaze me. Rodwell's tackle on Suarez was 'a bad challenge, dangerous, reckless and showing his studs', but Skrtel's tackle was 'full hearted, 100% commited, with a lot of desire'.

If they gave 3 points for each hypocritical statement then Liverpool would top the league with ease.

I can't believe for a second that Eliteg is being serious with his comments. He is trying to wind other supporters up, and it is clearly working.

I never made a comment on the Rodwell tackle.

Back