The Liverpool Thread

Southgate remaining in charge. 🤣🤣🤣

Only in England would failure continue to be rewarded. 🤦‍♂️

As much as I have no interest in England/ International football per se , the players do so I’m devoed for Trent. His confidence must be taking a continual battering at the hands of the clueless, failed club manager in charge of the National team and all the scandalous press dissing of him every time he’s laughably ignored.

Southgate remaining in charge. 🤣🤣🤣

Only in England would failure continue to be rewarded. 🤦‍♂️

As much as I have no interest in England/ International football per se , the players do so I’m devoed for Trent. His confidence must be taking a continual battering at the hands of the clueless, failed club manager in charge of the National team and all the scandalous press dissing of him every time he’s laughably ignored.
I wouldn't worry if I was him as it means he doesn't have to play in the same team as Maguire,

Not often someone gets to be in the presence of greatness. But heres Messi and di Maria with an Argentine legend.

1671484364090.png

I really shouldn’t watch Xmas movies …..

1671641661669.jpeg

You, you boy ….. Are Everton still *****?’

Last edited:
1 Month, 1 week, 5 days/ 40 straight days, since we last got to do what we live to do ….. go the match and support the mighty reds. And what a superb, classic game of football to come back to. The at times comically bad defending from <b>BOTH</b> sides (naturally, given the understandable rustiness from over a month off), just added to an at times surreal game. But one heck of an exciting watch for the neutral I’m sure.

From wondering just ’how’ City weren’t 3 or 4 ahead when we first equalised? To then wondering how we weren’t ahead at the break? Through an equally up and down second period where City were the better overall side. But where, on any other day, Liverpool win the game and notch a 4th straight victory over City with all the ridiculous clear chances Darwin had in particular. And a penalty on Oxo-Chambo that well gets given had VAR been in play. Which is one of the strangest things of the night. Why it isn’t in use in the LC? 🤷🏼‍♂️ Absolute joke that.

Ultimately, a really frustrating and disappointing night to relinquish our LC crown. But one which had many positives in the context of a much younger, less experienced L’pool side than their City counterparts, pushing the opposition all the way in a game that could have ended up any score with EITHER side winning.

The experience Kelleher, Bajetic, Carvalho and Elliott would have got last night, against the best of the best, will be invaluable in their continued development. And Doak being a part of the match-day squad for the third straight game is another big sign of his rapid progress. Yeah, we could have conceded more. I was surprised Jurgen didn’t go for more experience on the middle against City of all teams. Which lead, first half in particular, to a totally unprotected back line. SM can slate Joe all they want, but the lack of any pressure and support in front of him and his fellow defenders explains a lot of the defensive issues last night. Darwins finishing was atrocious. But the fact we created SO many clear cut chances against the beat of the best is a brilliant sign going forward. As was the continued fight within the team to keep on coming back and pushing a much stronger City side all the way. The way the tattles were flying in and the way City celebrated at the end is testament to just how serious a game that was that neither side wanted to lose.

And I thought the vocal was great all night. Continues to be mad to me when they never lost our support through a really frustrating and testing first game back. And then you travel home reading the team and certain individuals being the only talking points from many so eager to nark at them. But that massive distinction between actual match support and on-line fan will always be what it is. Getting back the house at 1 AM, to be up and iut at 7 ….. Mad how you miss that haha.

Disappointing, but not surprising, to have City revert to type and ignore the clubs plea’s for respect. ’Always the victims’ and their other ditties trying to point score over death is low enough. But in these horrific times we are all trying to survive through, singing about food poverty and unemployment continues to be jaw droopingly crass. I love Manchester. We are both the two premier City’s in the Country for me. Everything you could wish for in the two Northern powerhouses for every taste. The only thing we have they don’t is the port angle and boss beaches. And the people are boss and cut from the same cloth as us too. But like most City’s in the North, no less around City’s ground, there’s some serious deprivation and poverty. So to continually NOT read the room and mock that in another City in the name of ‘banter’ …… Words just can’t describe.

Gutted to be out the Cup on a very frustrating night. But there was a lot to take going forward from a belter game between still the best two sides this league has to offer. That’s football. We’ve won the last three. Last night City were slightly better and found a way to end that.

On to Villa and stepping up things after the break another level.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

1671962823879.png

A blue tree! 🤬 Bring me his head on a stick!!!!! ….. WAIT! Wrong club! 🤦‍♂️

If you’re celebrating, Merry Xmas guys wherever you may be in the World.

Have a boss one. 🍻

So it only took 6 months for Klopp to scrap Nunez?

Made me chuckle that ta.

So, having literally seen nothing of this lad ever, what's he like? I presume you lads have given all the talk was to Utd. He reads great coming home but there endeth my knowledge.

Made me chuckle that ta.

So, having literally seen nothing of this lad ever, what's he like? I presume you lads have given all the talk was to Utd. He reads great coming home but there endeth my knowledge.
He’s talanted for sure. But he’s gone missing a few big matches last season in key moments domestic and in Europe.

Really didn’t make any sense for us and I never believed we were truly after him since the summer. He’s a left winger/makeshift forward. Can totally see why you guys have gone for him especially with Jota and Diaz out. Who are both better than him btw. Good squad option.