The Liverpool Thread

They react to different things. They play like this against us, but against other teams they play football and it’s fantastic

Oh give it a rest Jurgen.
For once just say you lost because the other team played better on the day :rolleyes:

So, that's Diaz from under Tottenham's nose. Who were offering far more in salary.

Darwin from under Utd's. Who, again, were offering far more in both salary and money to Benfica for ten Hag's top transfer want of the summer.

And now Gakpo, again, from under Utd's nose for another forward their manager wanted badly.
Lets not get carried away under who noses lads where bought. There is hyper shiiit spammed everywhere anyway.
Athletic says there was 0 bids from Manchester United.

In the summer, clubs like Southampton were offering around €30million for the player — until Leeds United came in with a deadline-day offer of €43million. This time around, Chelsea considered him at around €40million and Manchester United, despite discussing Gakpo at length before Christmas, did not ever make a bid.

Oh give it a rest Jurgen.
For once just say you lost because the other team played better on the day :rolleyes:
He's always so gracious when he wins. What are you talking about?

Think the comments raised a year ago about Pep having to much influence as a no.2 and the pointers about the evolution of the side being down to him. Think they may be onto something. What I will say is the replacement of someone like Firmino is harder than expected as the counter press starts from the top. It is all over the place all season and the midfield and defence have definitely suffered. He sets it all. Regardless I think Klopp might have to make some hard choices in the summer and as drastic as it sounds I wouldn't be against moving on Pep as his number 2.
Nunez is perfectly good player for pressing Liverpool style. Issue is - Firmino is not a main goalscorer, that was Mane and Salah. Mane is gone and his contribution are not replaced this season and it's going to be hard to in the future. I like Luis Diaz, but he's more of a playmaker, not a goalscorer.

However, issue with Nunez is his creativity. He is no where near as technical as Firmino, nor has football IQ like Bobby. Salah's attacking output is fantastic, it's unbelievable to be in top10 percent for almost every relevant category when it comes to strikers. However, Nunez inability to bring others into the game is obvious and hurting.

But that is not the only reason. Liverpool midfield is declining, and declining fast. All the main players are 30+, with the exception of Fabinho. Not everyone is built like Superman and especially not Thiago. Elliot should be a replacement for him, and he's doing real good but still has lot to learn. Liverpool REALLY needs Bellingham.

And then there's the defense. Van Dijk does not defend anymore. And when they need him to defend, it's almost like a midfielder is defending, not a player who's last line of defense before the goalkeeper. It is understandable because of his terrible misfortune. Liverpool's best defender is Matip, who's also someone who has issues with injuries. Joe Gomez is alright.

Honestly, I did not expect such a decline.

Lets not get carried away under who noses lads where bought. There is hyper shiiit spammed everywhere anyway.
Athletic says there was 0 bids from Manchester United.

Darwin will tell you a different story. Soz mate if actual events don’t sit well with you.

While it’s borderline idiotic to write Nunez off this early, he’s really looked like the love child of Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner. He may improve but I said the same thing about Werner after his first season at Chelsea.

While it’s borderline idiotic to write Nunez off this early, he’s really looked like the love child of Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner. He may improve but I said the same thing about Werner after his first season at Chelsea.

His all round game has been super mate. And has improved markedly from the summer. And his GA to minutes played is really good. Just his finishing has been Sunday League level which is all anyone wanting to skit him focuses on. Which is sound. No defence there.

But when he eventually puts it all together, that won’t last very long and a lot of gobshites on SM will look pretty darn silly.

That was a LONG day at work so probably too late to do a usual missive on yesterday. But I’ll say it again, I sincerely hope Brentford stay up for a LONG time.

The shambles on the pitch aside, yesterday was like last year. An absolute belter of a day out with just the friendliest, most welcoming set of supporters going. SUCH a privilege to be able to go in any boozer around that voss area of West London without the ‘Home fans only!’ bollocks you get everywhere now outside of our own City which is that way to most everyone.

PLEASE let it be over a weekend next year so we can stay over like last year. And the start or end if the season whilst we’re at it to enjoy sitting out on the banks of the Thames. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hate London but Brentford and Fulham continue to be absolute away gems.

could be worse you could be a everton fan and be 4-0 down at home

Send out the gravy signal!

1672780671578.png