The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Can't see a thing in that pixaleated footage, but if he grabbed ref's arm first nothing is gonna happen.

Its less about the salary although it is a big issue as you can't move them on as you either have to pay them out or cover some of the salary. It's the lack of space in the squad available because we are keeping around players that are either too injury prone or should have been moved on time ago.

Who are you moving on in an ideal World?

Kelleher deserves to be starting at a high level. And has real good value. Should be able to get upwards of £30 million for him. No worries there replacing him as we have a proper good goalkeeping school going on at all levels.

Defensively, I think you need a top draw, left footed CH so you can rest and manage Virg's minutes. Matip would be the one I'd let go there. Along with Nat finally who deserves to be playing somewhere and has decent value. Someone like van den Berg should be sound in the fifth CH squad role.

The attack's boxed unless some mad offer came in for Mo that you'd have to consider given his age. Nobody I'd move out there.

Just leaves the glaring midfield spots. Naby and Oxo-Chambo are gone. Ideally, Thiago and Fabinho (Unless you completely redefine his position to a CH) would also be gone. But not sure you can make so many sweeping changes in one window in that area. Henderson needs to move into the back-up 6/ Milner utility role in the squad. I'd make decision on either Jones or Morton for that slot so maybe you can make something decent on Curtis if it's him. And Milner can happily stay on a reduced deal for another year as he transitions more into a player-coach role.

So with Bellingham boxed, and Mount looking odds on, along with another midfielder (Which would be a top bracket playmaking 6 we view the position), and a CH, whilst jettisoning Naby, Chamberlain, Nat, Matip, Kelleher and maybe one of Fabinho, Jones and Thiago, I think your sound personally. Although they could have done more, we've steadily been building for the next great Klopp side and have really lowered the overall age of the squad over the past 3/4 years.

Doesn't take much to be back challenging the cheats down the other end of the East Lancs neck-and-neck next year for all the marbles.

Midfield legs fix all.

Who are you moving on in an ideal World?

Kelleher deserves to be starting at a high level. And has real good value. Should be able to get upwards of £30 million for him. No worries there replacing him as we have a proper good goalkeeping school going on at all levels.

Defensively, I think you need a top draw, left footed CH so you can rest and manage Virg's minutes. Matip would be the one I'd let go there. Along with Nat finally who deserves to be playing somewhere and has decent value. Someone like van den Berg should be sound in the fifth CH squad role.

The attack's boxed unless some mad offer came in for Mo that you'd have to consider given his age. Nobody I'd move out there.

Just leaves the glaring midfield spots. Naby and Oxo-Chambo are gone. Ideally, Thiago and Fabinho (Unless you completely redefine his position to a CH) would also be gone. But not sure you can make so many sweeping changes in one window in that area. Henderson needs to move into the back-up 6/ Milner utility role in the squad. I'd make decision on either Jones or Morton for that slot so maybe you can make something decent on Curtis if it's him. And Milner can happily stay on a reduced deal for another year as he transitions more into a player-coach role.

So with Bellingham boxed, and Mount looking odds on, along with another midfielder (Which would be a top bracket playmaking 6 we view the position), and a CH, whilst jettisoning Naby, Chamberlain, Nat, Matip, Kelleher and maybe one of Fabinho, Jones and Thiago, I think your sound personally. Although they could have done more, we've steadily been building for the next great Klopp side and have really lowered the overall age of the squad over the past 3/4 years.

Doesn't take much to be back challenging the cheats down the other end of the East Lancs neck-and-neck next year for all the marbles.

Midfield legs fix all.
Lord if Bellingham doesn't sign after all the teasing I will do absolutely nothing but still be ****** lmao. It has to happen at this point otherwise I think I will actually cry.

Edit: great im ready for the water works...

Last edited:
1681324156901.png

The worst day of the year. EVERY year.

This grim L’pool season, divvy’s madly loosing there S this week over more Bellingham ‘rumours’ and conjecture et al ….. This day always puts into stark perspective what truly matters in life. Life itself. I'm just so grateful that, later, I get to share the support of some of the best friends I could ever wish to have, to get us through the saddest of days. Together.

God rest those so needlessly taken from us 34-years-ago today. We will never forget you.

God continue watching over those still, fortunately, here dealing.

YNWA. JFT97.

Actually feels good for once to be home after work and not be rushing down the 62 for what will doubtless be 90 minutes solid abuse about death from the oh so ‘nice’ gang of lads in their South Stand. Being called a ‘murderer’ and having the faces against fences gesture, and our ****** waving Turkey flags on their ‘phones in retaliation, is the very LAST thing I wanted to experience on this weekend of all weekends.

L’pool need to play ‘angry’ again like the last hour last Sunday when they were the absolute, unplayable business against Arsenal. Play like that, with that intensity and belief, we’ll win all the last 9 with ease and be darn unlucky to miss top 4. Play like the first half-hour last week, and we’ll lose all 9.

It was a noticeable factor last week that for the first time since the CS opener destruction of City, we had, bar Curtis who was great, out best XI on the field. And now with Thiago another week further on, and the massively missed Diaz back, we are hitting full strength at just the right time.

Something changed across the whole side on 30 last week to produce our best display of the season. All that was lacking was a little more clinical finishing to give Arsenal the walloping they deserved.

Lets have more of that tonight Redmen. Play ‘angry’ from the very first whistle!

Straight into Dirty Leeds! This rivalry/ hatred, like the one coming on Saturday, is long standing and cuts deep!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yanno’, when you are in the last 10 game run-in of a season, performances don’t matter a jot. ALL that matters is getting the points ….. Well the last 2 games to start our 10 game run-in to, 🤞🏻🤞🏻, the top 4 finish and place at Europe's top table we so crave, the performances have been outstanding. With the added bonus tonight that we gave the display the goals we deserved but couldn’t quite find against Arsenal.

First off, all credit to Leeds United for the marvellous touch of the pre-game remembrance that this weekend is ALL about. The two wreaths laid in front of our end by both captains was a super gesture greatly appreciated. 👏🏻👏🏻

As for the game, the Reds were absolute mustard in racking up their biggest away win of the season in style. In so doing ending a 5-game winless run. Bar one very casual moment of madness from the otherwise utterly dominant Konate, that's as good as it gets away from home in a very hostile environment. A patiently controlled first half of very good intensity again which wore Leads down before complete and utter dominance after the breakthrough. Which, BTW, had nothing wrong with it. That's the one thing VAR has got right. Not getting involved in accidental, non-deliberate handballs. With some sparkling goals and football that followed. And the added bonus of a good 10 mins in his legs for our long missed Colombian after 6 months out.

Every player in Red was superb but a special shout-out to the madly maligned J’s. Jones and Jota. Curtis, for the third straight game, was very good again as he gets stronger and more into rhythm. And as soon as Jota’s first went in, you could see the weight lifted and his confidence soar. He was good before his first with a good assist for Mo. He was excellent after he finally bagged again. I couldn’t be happier for the pair of them. Two terrific young talents who have a big part to play in Klopp 2.0.

And that little Egyptian fella’ in the number 11 shirt ….. 5 out of 6 seasons he’s bagged 25 goals or more now. From ostensibly RW. The fella' isn't even a number 9 yet he continues to put up ridiculous numbers season in, season out. But yeah, lets sell him! 🤦‍♂️

Superb, utterly ruthless display.

Gap cut to 9. Top 4 well and truly still in play.

Tell us again this team is finished!

Bring on the scab bastards Sat’day!

Up the CL charging Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
I hadn’t realised last night was Leeds United’s biggest home defeat in the PL era.

In a grim season, we’ve had some belter record wins to look back on and cherish for ever-

Equalling the PL record scoreline, along with equalling our own best ever home win/ top flight league win, and biggest in the PL era with the 9-0 over Bournemouth.

Handing Glasgow Rangers their biggest ever defeat at Ibrox Park in the 7-1 in the groups. And their heaviest ever defeat in European competition. Side note- Always amusing when folk try denigrate that, like last night, with ‘’Its only Leeds/ Rangers. And they are both utter S!’ ….. Why haven’t any other sides done the same then in history at those hostile grounds?

And the coup de grâce of historical wins-

Handed United the most embarrassing defeat in their storied history in the magnificent 7-0 hammering. As utterly S as most of this season has been, imagine if we’d suffered that humiliation the other way round? Where you couldn’t say ANYTHING to a Utd fan without having that thrown back in yer grid. The way we now will forever hold that over them until such time as they ever hand us a similar epic doing. 😎

I’ll look back on this year proper fondly as one of the ultimately most enjoyable seasons ever if I’ve both got to witness a historic win over Utd. And the Ev go down. That happening to your 2 biggest rivals in the same season …..

Yeah, that would save this grim L’pool season and then some!

Back