The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Proper busy day at work so only now just getting the chance to reflect on last night …..

Game 5 of L’pool’s ’Big Nine’ garnered a 5th straight win and the gap closed down to 4 points for the coveted CL spot to pile the pressure back on Utd tonight.

I loved that my mates 7-year-old got to experience his first ever live L’pool game watching a game that was, to all intents and purposes, proper football. Away from the mad hype and unrealistic expectation that you should be rolling sides 4 or 5 every week. I grew up getting my football education watching the greatest of great L’pool sides often embroiled in games like that. Where littles happening on the park but you are just working your way toward the one chance you need to take all three points. The amount of those type of dire 1-0’s, 2-0’s with a second late through the ‘80’s I can’t begin to tell you. But games like last night are what football reality is ALL about. Not least in a run-in. Those are the games that win you titles. And rediscovering the knack of playing ***** (and we were as a spectacle), and winning, is a ****** marvellous thing to rediscover. For we’d have drawn or worse if that game had been a month or so back.

Adam was made up just to experience Anfield for the first time and his L’pool heroes up close and personal of course. And he was buzzing like nothing else to have a win mark his debut. But as we tried to explain, as much as you can to a 7-year-old on Cloud 9, we loved it just as much that his ‘first’ was what actual football reality is 9 times out of 10. Just doing enough to find that one key moment to win. (The less said about the ridiculous way the Fulham lad gifted us that win the better for him.).

Massive win. It keeps Sat’day alive with everything on the W again. It keeps top 4 well and truly alive. (Even if I personally would prefer Conference League and Europa. In that order. ). And it keeps the positive vibe that is shutting the divvy’s up all over the place going as we bounce into the last 4 on a massive high.

Onto Brentford and telling the Nation exactly where we stand on that other absolute disgrace going on that day.

*Sings ’Yers can stick yer coronation up yer ****!’

Come on Brighton tomight!

Uo the ‘Routine, dour win? Is right lad!’ Reds! FTT!!!!!

yes hes off to real

Ah, the Romano nonsense. He had him going to City last week. Guess he has ti be right one week with his wild shots in the dark right?

I was worried there’d been something that had actually happened then. 🤦‍♂️

Ah, the Romano nonsense. He had him going to City last week. Guess he has ti be right one week with his wild shots in the dark right?

I was worried there’d been something that had actually happened then. 🤦‍♂️
It's not just Romano saying that now it's also coming from other sources including several in Spain (mind you there doesn't seem to be a fee mentioned...)

The Spanish are claiming it?

Straight after a Madrid loss?

Ahh, thats that then …..

I wait with baited breath to see who next weeks ‘favourite’ is. And then the week after who the next ‘favourite’ is. And then the …… ‘Fun’ summer. 🙄

L’pool getting ready.

1683270733310.png

Tbh the first reporting it was the Germans, then Spanish then jumped on by Ramano. We will see soon enough anyway

PP nailing it again.

Liverpool are absolute ******* divvies kowtowing to the disgraceful pressure from the PL.

Engaged with SOS who told them to jib it.

Ignore SOS views.🤦‍♂️

Play Anthem anyway. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Totally undoing all the boss work over the last month or so where we've had positive response to trying to reduce the tragedy chanting. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤬

Forcing something on to people is NOT the way to get respect.

Looking forward to being scum of the Earth again then in the minds of the right wing media and average lil’ Englander this tea-time. Who wouldn’t have a brain cell among them to think to ask the question ’why’ one of the Country’s major City’s feels so alienated to be so anti-Eatablishment. 🙄

*Sings ’Yer can stick yer coronation up yer ****!’

PP nailing it again.

Liverpool are absolute ******* divvies kowtowing to the disgraceful pressure from the PL.

Engaged with SOS who told them to jib it.

Ignore SOS views.🤦‍♂️

Play Anthem anyway. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Totally undoing all the boss work over the last month or so where we've had positive response to trying to reduce the tragedy chanting. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤬

Forcing something on to people is NOT the way to get respect.

Looking forward to being scum of the Earth again then in the minds of the right wing media and average lil’ Englander this tea-time. Who wouldn’t have a brain cell among them to think to ask the question ’why’ one of the Country’s major City’s feels so alienated to be so anti-Eatablishment. 🙄

*Sings ’Yer can stick yer coronation up yer ****!’

Couldn't hear that awful anthem on the TV, and then the rendition of YNWA. Beautiful

Couldn't hear that awful anthem on the TV, and then the rendition of YNWA. Beautiful

Chant of the day, and most on point thing of this whole scandalous disgrace, was ‘**** yer Royal Family feed the poor!’

1 point.

Never heard of him. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But I’d never heard of Michael Edwards either.

If he’s given the gig. all that matters is that Jurgen’s happy.

If Jurgen’s happy, everyones happy.

Never heard of him. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But I’d never heard of Michael Edwards either.

If he’s given the gig. all that matters is that Jurgen’s happy.

If Jurgen’s happy, everyones happy.
True but you want the sporting director to be strong enough to overrule the coach. Our best signings haven't always been the first-choice options of Klopp. Dont need a yes man that will agree with Klopp.

True but you want the sporting director to be strong enough to overrule the coach. Our best signings haven't always been the first-choice options of Klopp. Dont need a yes man that will agree with Klopp.

Out SD has never been the one picking the players himself either mate. Edwards was just the catalyst of implementing the boss analytical system we use. Its a collaborated effort. Not least from all the daya scientists. The system has always been about a sum of its parts. Jurgen is just a part of that process.

I say if he’s happy with whomever the new man is, then sound, as the SD/ GM/ whatever we call him, is his main contact in that process. But the SD’s main job is boxing deals and contracts.

Unless you’re fearing we’re going soft and completely getting away from what has served us so well, I wouldn’t be worrying about who the name is. Provided he buys in with how we operate, and he wouldn’t be hired and the extensive search take this long if he didn’t, we’ll be sound.

The system underpins it all.

What another belter day out at the match yesterday. On and more so off the pitch. And shorts weather to boot for the first real time in 2023.

Not the greatest spectacle on the pitch in what was a very ‘bitty’, stop/ start match. Made so by a combination of Brentford’s mad time wasting. Even when they were behind. And the absolutely atrocious Anthony Taylor. It’s now LONG past time we kicked up a fuss to get Wythenshawe’s not so finest removed from our games. He doesn’t even hide his bias anymore and can’t get the whistle to his lips fast enough to blow against us. He was beyond a disgrace yesterday and the only way you could see L’pool dropping points was him awarding another non-existent free-kick/ penalty late.

But the Reds did what they had to, overcame the 12 man opposition, and added win number 6 from 6 from their ‘Big Nine’ stampede to the top 4. Properly organised and fighting tooth and nail for the W. Proper run-in dig fight that, like Fulham, and it was boss to again see us come through with flying colours. With Mo Salah adding to his phenomenal records along with Alisson setting his own. And the pride in two of your own, off the same streets as you, Curtis and Trent, dominating proceedings was only matched by the pride in our standing up for what we believe in off the pitch …..

As much as the Tories are trying to take everyones right to protest away from them, its still a fundamental right in this Country as I type. The right wing media can feel free to castigate us all they like the next few days. Along with the internet hordes who haven’t a single brain cell between them to ask the question just ’why?’ the people of one of this Country’s major City’s feel SO disenfranchised from West Minister, and most everywhere else given the away fan abuse week in, week out this year mocking Scousers/ poverty/ tragedies et al, as no doubt Leicester will again a week tomorrow, and why they are SO anti-establishment. As proud as I was as to our stance on the Establishment disgrace down in London when food poverty is at an all time high across the Country before KO, which went on all game with various anti-Royal/ establishment chants, the coup de grace was …..

’F the Royal Family Feed the Poor!’

That had me BEAMING with pride that once again, those horrible Scouse bleeps were the ones to stand up and make the most salient, on point comment of the whole, sorry, coronation disgrace.

Soz abar us for being politically switched on to stand up for what we believe in.

Soz abar you for being gaslit by the right wing media and not having a clue ‘why?!’

To then round off proceedings with a deafening version of the arl Shankly song, ’Oh Kenny is r King, Oh Kenny is r King, Oh Kenny is our KING!’ ended proceedings perfectly.

1 point. Over to Utd and first Newcastle.

Up the European Cup surging Reds! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Back