The Liverpool Thread

When a gobshite gets told straight! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1696439316109.png

This is going to open a massive can of worms.
If Liverpool get the go ahead for a replay, we might as well replay the whole league.
Every single team who has been wronged by bad officiating will have their legal team on the case.

So Darren England has had a slap on the wrists and won't be anywhere near a L'pool game again this season .....

Honestly not that arsed as they are all as incompetent as each other. Officiating in this Country has been at a historical low for years now. And this season it's just plummeted further into the abys across the board. I don't personally subscribe to the theory that we are being singled out as pretty much every team suffers on the regular from the base ineptitude of the P poor standard of the officials in this Country. It's like Wythenshawe's (not so) finest Anthony Taylor, who we love to serenade with 'You Manc Bstard!' I don't believe for one minute he's anti-L'pool per-se. He's just a rank bad referee who's equally useless for whatever the opposition is on a game he refs against us. And any other poor set of teams he pulls on another weekend.

When you get into the realms of screaming that they are all out to get us specifically, you sound as ridiculous as the mad opposition tribalism since the weekend trying to compare this incident and that incident to something that was beyond compare and totally unique at Tottenham Sat'day tea-time. Both those angles totally and utterly miss the point. And it's not just been the Twitter/ SM gobshites. It's been some of the most prominent pundits and journalists in the Country talking out of their rear ends ever since L'pool were the ones to finally have the balls to stand up to the PL/ PGMOL and bring some much needed debate to the forefront of every discussion this week to, hopefully, bring about much needed change and accountability in the way the process of officiating games is done.

Saturday was unprecedented. That's not open to debate. Well arguably the biggest ever officiating error on these shores in PL history. If any oppo fan can tell me an instance where the right info has been agreed and reached, yet STILL the wrong on-field decision was then administered, I'm all ears. But they can't. As there is none. The jaw dropping audio just doubled down on how shockingly inept every last one of them is.(And shows yet again why they are so resistant to full transparency and being mic'ed up every game.). So the 'whataboutery' about other decisions over the years is complete and utter nonsense. This isn't about tribalism and narking at clubs. This is about the benefit and integrity of the game as a whole for EVERY club.

What it has done is finally tipped a football club over the edge, down to the millions of pounds at stake here, to stand up and make a substantial call for change. Even Jurgen today I think has been very clever. He doesn't want a replay and knows there's absolutely no chance of getting one. Anyone with half an ounce of sense knows that's never happening. But it keeps the debate going and puts the microscope firmly on every official in every game we play from now on in this year. It's straight out of the calculated, Ferguson/ Mourinho playbook.

All you can hope for is that things improve across the board and there's a proper chain of accountability put in place with officials held to it. Saturday was just the tipping point of it reaching a historic all time low. Which is threatening the whole PL product and it's integrity going forward.

Kudos L'pool, albeit in circumstances nobody wanted, for being the ones to bring the discussion to the National table and demand change for the benefit of all. Which is all anyone wants to see.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Waking up, on a grim morning, to first a mail ‘kindly’ letting you know the Brussels flight home has been cancelled December, and then getting the tip Bournemouth, a game nobody wants to start with, is £32 (Utd are charging the Saudi’s £39. Absolute joke that they feel its ok to move away from the £30 PL cap and charge more for the LC 🤬), is not a good way to start a match day.

But at least it is a match day finally again and we can get away from the weekend disgrace and back to what we do best. Playing and winning games of football. What should be 2 straight forward home wins this month should see us as good as qualified when we go out to Toulouse November.

Can’t beat a game under the Anfield European lights to perk you right back up.

Weird match as they never looked like scoring but we also never got out of first gear. The subs didn't help at all as it slowed the game down 2nd half. Quansah looks the real deal for me again and Jota will forever infuriate me. Play dog-***** all game but still grab a goal with an ice-cold finish.

This will be short and sweet. Like the picture perfect group game last night.

Current unbeaten home total games run:
P 13 W 11 D 2 F 35 A 11 CS: 6
5 Straight Wins.

That was exactly what a European group game should be. Never over exerting yourself. Just doing enough to get the points whilst always knowing you have gears the opposition don’t to go through if needed. Keeping a very solid, hard working Union side at arms length all night where they never come close to laying a glove on you. And a passionate, really respectful set of visiting fans who’ve been an absolute credit to have in the City the past few days with there vibrant passion and friendliness. Although it never fails to blow my mimd when you get a ‘cheerleader’ down the front conducting them all. I mean they created a boss atmosphere like. But the aforementioned ‘conductor’ never once watched the game with his back to the pitch the full 90. And his bare back the second half as he dispensed with his shirt. Hard work that arm waving organising the singing haha. It’s their culture like but it always amuses me why you’d do that and not really see the game.

Loved that Jurgen went real strong, starting and with his subs, again to keep rhythm with many lads who’ll play Sunday. This squad was built to compete on all fronts at the highest CL level. So absolutely no reason why you should be going weak in the Europa. One in the eye for those that madly diss this boss competition. And in so doing, highly insult every last supporter at a rammed Anfield last night. Not least out friends from Belgium who were all gushing before the game of this being the European away of their dreams at, in there words, ‘The most legendary ground in European football.’

The groups are a pain. I mean I love them personally as it gets me 3 holidays away before Christmas every season. But the actual games are a chore. A necessary e vil you just do enough to get enough points and qualify. But games like last night are as good as you want a group game to be. With the added bonus of Toulouse winning. So now by the end of the 4th group game in the South of France, we should have the group boxed and won. The perfect pick-me-up all round after being really ill last weekend and the start of this week.

Oh yeah, Ryan Gravenberch …..
There was a reason I was gushing over that signing telling anyone that would listen just what an outstanding talent he is whilst many that hadn’t watched him just went off the Bayern experience. I’m as made up with his brilliant start here as anyones. Not to preempt Jurgen, but he has to be a shoe in for Brighton and the next step to #20 surely?

The only negative last night was discovering there will indeed be a ballot for Luton as there’s way more folk on 19 credits than the P poor allocution. But thats not for now.

Safe trip home today for many of our Belgium friends. Been an absolute pleasure hosting you. Have a boss, if wet, Friday if you are staying another night. We’ll do it all again in Brussels in early December.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Looked good so far but I still feel correct that he is incredibly raw especially with when to release the pass and when to press especially. Can come across lazy but thats just his languid style imo. Want him to prove me wrong as i was against signing him and so far so good. On another topic how good has Curtis been. Honestly the way it's going its him and szboss that have the midfield position on lock for me so far. Never understood the hate curtis got, a local lad who is farr better than he is given credit for.

….. On another topic how good has Curtis been. Honestly the way it's going its him and szboss that have the midfield position on lock for me so far. Never understood the hate curtis got, a local lad who is farr better than he is given credit for.

Curtis. JMG. Big Virg back to his imperious, dominant best both ends of the park. Being a proper leader, on and off the pitch, after the inspired choice to give him the captaincy …..

Utterly mad how quick many are to write off quality footballers who have a dip. And one mainly down to real bad injury luck in those three players case.

And whilst I’m on the subject, hands up here on Matip. I didn’t want him anywhere near a first team game after it looked like his legs had completely gone. But man has he rammed that back down my grid this year with his superb displays as Jurgen manages the squad as well as he ever has.

Time to make a cheeky bet that next 2 goals will be scored by Liverpool.

Point back on City from one of the hardest aways we play. Who wouldn’t be happy with that? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Todays/ yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
5 wins down/ 25 to go.
17 points down/ 76 to go.

Bar the M25 being *****, that was another really enjoyable day out with Jurgen’s Reds. Any day you get to wear shorts and sunnies at the match in October is a good day. And yesterday’s glorious 20 plus degree weather was a real bonus. Although I think our little secret of the gorgeous little village town of Lewes we’ve based ourselves the past few years is gone when you’re sat outside enjoying a bevvie in the sun and a ****** Happy Al’s coach tips up haha. 🤦‍♂️

I was thinking going down just how different the vibe is again with these lads. Last year, Brighton was the very last place you wanted to go. We left with 25 to go that grim 3-0 doing. Now, you just can’t wait for the next game again. Up and bouncing for a 5:30 AM pick-up. Sound with a tiring quarter to 12 return home.

Frustrating afternoon on the park to not come away with the win after somehow getting in front. But, ultimately, a very good one as we pulled a point back on the only team we have to finish above this year. To be a point behind City, at the second International break, with 4 super tough aways done already at Chelsea, Newcastle, Tottenham and Brighton, is a superb position to be sat in 8 games in. Throw in sat pretty atop the Europa group, with progress secured the LC, and its been a brilliant start to the year for a team with a completely new midfield thats still a work in progress as it figures itself out.

Must have been a really good tactical game for the neutral to watch that. Two of the PL’s best sides, each having peaks and dips during a game they will be both frustrated but ultimately happy about with the result. Brighton present one of our most challenging opponents of the season the way they set up and it was fascinating to see us switching through the game to try outwit them with the 4-4-2/ 4-4-2diamond in particular. If Gravenberch is just that bit quicker to the one he was stretching that hit the bar, or Diaz had Manes attacking instinct to come inside with Mo’s superb ball across the box, we probably win it. But then Brighton had their share so a draw was a fair result. And, in the context of it being one of our most difficult aways, an excellent point in context toward the #20 end goal. Just frustrating how it came around.

Roll on the blue *****!

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Following 5 games is an actual litmus test for Klopp 2.0 as we need 12/12 before the City away game if we want to mount a serious challenge.

Following 5 games is an actual litmus test for Klopp 2.0 as we need 12/12 before the City away game if we want to mount a serious challenge.

Defo mate. And you'd be highly disappointed if that wasn't 12 from 12. Everton, Forest and Brentford at home. Luton away. Perfect run of fixtures before City. (Side note- There needs to be a KO time already for this. Getting silly now with Sky, BT and the Police all arguing over what time on the Sat'day that monster game will play out.).

Then after we play the cheats, we've Fulham H, Sheff Utd and Palace away, before Arsenal and Utd at Anfield taking us up to Chrimbo. Serious possibility of a long, winning run here.

THAT'S how you use your privileged platform!

I couldn't be more proud of that man than if he bagged a hatty Sat'day. If anything has put the absolute trivialities of the one game of togger I look forward to more than any other every year into tearfully stark perspective, it's the heart breaking scenes that make you scared to turn on the news over the past 12 days or so. The massacre of the al-Ahli hospital, in the ongoing genocide to obliterate a Nation, should have been the final straw for the World to stand up and intervene. Absolutely devastatingly pointless retaliation on the innocent.

He might not be from here, but I'm proud as heck to say

Mo Salah.

PROPER Scouser! 🇵🇸

Last edited:
Ngl once it got deep into the second half i thought it would be one of those frustrating days. The 12.30 kick off not only affected the lads but the crowd seemed groggy too ngl. The Braithwaite lad that Everton has at CB was the best player on the pitch for me. He defo won't be staying long if he continues. First of the 12 points needed in this run of fixtures we have to set ourselves up nicely for the second half of the season.

Edit: Oh as good as the young lad at CB was for Everton, Virgil this season has been outstanding bar the Newcastle madness. He was dunking on Calvert lewin and the beto lad that came on all game.

Well that was one of the most satisfying Derby’s in a long time on a day that started and ended with very opposite emotions. Which will make this missive long for anyone interested-

Yesterday’s admin-

Title Countdown:
6 wins down/ 24 to go.
20 points down/ 73 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 2 W 1 D 1 F 4 A 2 CS: 1
1 Straight Win.

Current unbeaten home PL run:
P 16 W 13 D 3 F 39 A 12 CS: 8
4 Straight Wins.

I love my City. I love my people. Passionate. Strong willed. Never slow in coming forward and standing up for what we believe in. Often for those less fortune than ourselves. I loved that yesterday was Derby day. A uniquely Scouse occasion. And not against Chelsea or some other set of ignorant meffs where things could have turned ugly. I loved that many, including in the Everton end, defied the warnings and brought and flew Palestine flags before KO. Including a big message of support at the front of the Kop. Before going at each other for 90 mins, I loved that we do what we always do when needed and came together for the better good. That was the first of those contrasting emotions. Scouse pride among the heart-breaking sadness of it all.

Then the game. Far from a Derby classic. Far from any sort of classic. Everton, the ***** of Merseyside, for once aren’t and come and, the Young madness aside, defend for their lives in a very dogged, very organised display. L’pools passing isn’t quite on it. The same with their finishing. But they never stop grafting. Never stop getting every body they can forward and constantly going at the Ev’s defence to the point they eventually crack with the blatant hand ball. Never a game we remotely looked like we’d lose. (Did the blues have any chances after the first minute header?). But a game that was so, SO important to win and not draw. As exemplified by Jurgen’s fist bumping 3 stands for the first time ever with an extra 4th bump to the Kop! He knew just how mammoth a win that was and just how we’d all hung in there together fighting for it. On and off the pitch in what was a very good atmosphere for a Sat’day dinner game. Side note- To add to that elation emotion at the end, there was the beaming smile on my grid at some arl’ Everton songs not heard in years. ( ’L’pool are magic, Everton are tragic!’ ’We hate Nottm Forest, We hate Everton too. They’re ****! We hate Man Utd, but L’pool we love you ….. ‘ )

Bat the continually woeful Tsimikas, a few player shout outs-

van Dijk, as D noted above, continues to be back to his imperious best. If there's been a better CH in the PL this season, I’d like to see him. The captaincy has elevated him levels and he totally dictated our tempo from the back. And ensured Everton never remotely came close to our goal as he totally locked up Calvert-Lewin and then his replacement after he went off.

Mac Allister. Still needs to be a little more aware of whats around him deeper, but the more he plays back there for both club and Country, the more comfortable a deep lying playmaker he is becoming who also likes a tattle. Just wish he had a tad more pace. But that footballing brain is a nice compensator.

Harvey. Ridiculously talented young footballer who yet again this season altered the flow of the game in a very positive way after he came on. Ceilings sky high on his talent.

And talking of changing games for the better, the now almost complete #9 from Uruguay. His decision making in the perfect ending to Mo, with the pass of the game, exemplified his massive leap forward from year one. Mores the pity that his teammates never returned the favour when he took up some excellent positions in the half spaces between the Ev’s defensive wall.

So all in all, a thoroughly enjoyable, satisfying Derby day were it not for the contrasting emotion of deep sadness with Sir Bobby’s passing. I won’t add too much there as I posted on that yesterday but I don’t mind saying thats hit me as hard as it would have done had it been one of ours. Rivalry goes out of the window when it comes to an absolute World football legend like Charlton. Who was an even better human being.

Manchester, we are grieving with you.
God rest.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited: