The Liverpool Thread

Emotions. I couldn’t be more devoed, angry, yet more PROUD of this resilient, brilliant gang of Reds than the effort and fight they put forth in the face of everything there.

Todays admin-

Title Countdown:
5 wins down/ 25 to go.
16 points down/ 77 to go.

What would have been a superb, dogged result achieved in the face of yet more absolutely farcical, amateur hour officiating. Undone at the death in the cruellest of ways with Joels oggie.

A highly competitive first-half we were controlling nicely changed on a shocking sending off decision on 25. Made from complete divvies who have never played the game. Curtis foot rolls off the top of the ball, with absolutely no intent, as he’s trying to drag it back. You can make anything look much worse on freeze frame. Which is the narrative set for ref Hooper as its the first thing they show him. In reality, it was a yellow. Nothing more, nothing less. Then we see the best and worse of Diaz. First, scoring a belter that was madly ruled out for heck knows what? 🤷🏼‍♂️The lines of the cut of the grass had him a good yard on-side so F knows what 5-year-old kid they dragged off the street to draw those VAR lines! (That they not surprisingly never showed! 🤬). Conversely, his miss at the end of the half from a Worldie Mo pass was as shocking as the disallowed finish was brilliant. 🤦‍♂️ And in between, a super ‘Spurs opener through which Joe messed up massively losing the bitter outside him. Poor defending from the otherwise exemplary Gomez this year. Who had another excellent game outside if Tottenham's opener.

A PROPER game of high calibre football despite the woeful officiating trying their best to spoil it.

At the start of the second, it was the Worlds #1 goalies time to shine. First, a Worldie full length fingertip save form a Worldie Maddison web. Then mote superb reflexes from an instinctive Son blast 2 mins later as Tottenham came out fast trying to take advantage of the extra man. A compelling game ebbing and flowing. Swinging end to end at a ridiculous pace. Son scores again but he’d gone just a shade too quick. Then Jota loses his cool with base stupidity, TWICE, in 90 seconds to leave us 2 men down with 20 to go. 😡 NO argument with Hooper there. Talk about backs to the wall …..

Another change of formation, tweak of shape, and triple substitution from a manager as bang on his game as he’s ever been this year so nearly saw us home. But alas, thats football. Fair F’s to Tottenham. They never looked like getting a winner. But they found a way.

What a game of top level football! What a days PL football. Even in defeat, what a gang of brilliant Reds Jurgen has built again.

I’m absolutely exhausted! It’s harder work watching at home knowing you can’t have any effect on the game haha!

Roll on Thursday and starting the next long unbeaten run.

Roll on Brighton. City, if they didn’t know already, now most certainly do know we are going ALL the way again in the league. This absolute disgrace will galvanise them and bring them together more determined than ever to finish as Champions.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
fyi scouse Jota didnt trip the lad for the first booking the ref who was right there should've seen that the lad tripped himself. Still braindead from him for the second yellow.

If the broadcasters won’t stand up to the PL, I think clubs need to start taking this down the legal route now for the amount of revenue being lost,

This historic level of incompetence is affecting the entire PL product and its integrity.

Last edited:

If the broadcasters won’t stand up to the PL, I think clubs need to start taiing this down the legal route now for the amount of revenue being lost,

This historic level of incompetence is affecting the entire PL product and its integrity.
Its not incompetency its plain ol corruption from protecting their own to refusing an independent panel to handle VAR. The PL as a product doesn't mind these controversies as its more talking points and eyeballs for their product—a win-win for them.

Its not incompetency its plain ol corruption from protecting their own to refusing an independent panel to handle VAR. The PL as a product doesn't mind these controversies as its more talking points and eyeballs for their product—a win-win for them.

It's got WAY past that point mate.

It's completely ruining the product.

BTW mate, I wasn't watching the Sky feed ..... What was that humongous oaf Neville spouting on the officials?

He's as big a problem as anyone in flip-flopping and setting the narrative Nationally for them to hide behind.

BTW mate, I wasn't watching the Sky feed ..... What was that humongous oaf Neville spouting on the officials?

He's as big a problem as anyone in flip-flopping and setting the narrative Nationally for them to hide behind.
He was going on about how its brave that they admitted they made a mistake after PGMOL came out after the game with their usual "apology", as if saying sorry will make a difference when we have the same garbage week in week out.

He was going on about how its brave that they admitted they made a mistake after PGMOL came out after the game with their usual "apology", as if saying sorry will make a difference when we have the same garbage week in week out.

He really is a proper shithouse him who’s only interested in his own/ Sky’s best interests. He and his spitting mate should be allowed nowhere near a microphone/ paid for their self-interest views on the game ever again. Both are as bad as its ever been. Gobshites.

He won’t like, but Howard Webb needs to fall on his sword here.

7 games in and we have had a dozen blatant errors with multiple apologies including a rescinded red card for ourselves and now this.

I truly believe yesterday's disgrace was the worst possible thing that could have happened for the rest of the league as it will just galvanise this group and pull them even closer together. If any manager is perfect for using adversity to motivate it’s Jurgen.

Telling yer’, we’re winning this league regardless of what obstacles they put in front of us. Couldn’t have been prouder of them yesterday and those ‘19/‘20 vibes that have been there since camp with this squad just got even stronger after such a superb, battling performance Tottenham had no idea what to do without officiating help and a really unfortunate last kick mistake. They could have been playing until now and not scored.

All the best Brighton feeling the backlash Sunday. And first USG in front of a wild Anfield Thursday.

We have had loads of shocking decisions like you experienced yesterday. But we won’t ever get nothing from the refs or FA about these mistakes. And VAR is being shown up to be as shocking and inaccurate as the refs themselves

We have had loads of shocking decisions like you experienced yesterday. But we won’t ever get nothing from the refs or FA about these mistakes. And VAR is being shown up to be as shocking and inaccurate as the refs themselves

The same, completely incompetent referee yesterday was the one who denied Wolves a stonewall peno chance of an equaliser at United opening day. With the same, pathetic, PGMOL apology following that Wolves received. Yet here we are again. With the same official. 6 games later.

Until these incompetent clowns are totally stood down and properly held accountable, nothing will change.

No doubt Webb will be visiting us personally, like he did on multiple occasions to Brighton the end of last season, to apologise for yet more incompetence from what he was put in place to sort out. They won't, but L'pool should tell him thanks but no thanks. Don't waste the petrol. Hollow words that admit the massive issue you have is solving nothing when you do absolutely nothing about the men making the repeated, VERY costly mistakes.

The silver lining in Curtis red is not having McAllister in the 6 role. I can understand why Klopp has gone with the three in szbo, Mac and Curtis because they cover so much ground and in tandem can be seen as a defensive unit as a whole. However, McAllister is not a 6 and he's form is clearly struggling and I'd like Endo in the role for more balance who was excellent midweek albeit against a poor Leicester. Put McAllister in his natural role on the left and see him flourish.

The silver lining in Curtis red is not having McAllister in the 6 role. I can understand why Klopp has gone with the three in szbo, Mac and Curtis because they cover so much ground and in tandem can be seen as a defensive unit as a whole. However, McAllister is not a 6 and he's form is clearly struggling and I'd like Endo in the role for more balance who was excellent midweek albeit against a poor Leicester. Put McAllister in his natural role on the left and see him flourish.

Presume it will just be a one game ban? Hardly dangerous play.

Does open up a chance for Endo or Gravenberch to shine though.

My silver lining today is all my blue mates are feeling a S ton worse than we are haha.

Top man.

Yesterday galvanised them as a group further and will have made them even more determined to win the league. '19/'20 vibes all over this season. Telling yer'.

Feel for Brighton.

IMG_1619.png

Michael Oliver, Daniel Cook and Darren England officiated an ADNOC Pro League match in Dubai, UAE on 28th September 2023

Hmm, that doesn't sounds suspicious at all....

Yesterday farcials aside robbed us of the real MOTM and IMO the best keeper in PL history for me in Ali. He might not have won as much as Schmeichel, Van der Sar, or Cech but he is more talented than all of them. Neuer was the best I've seen in my lifetime but for me, Ali is just as good. His footwork and positioning are one of the best I've ever seen to the point that watching any other keeper is just unfair as you wonder why they throw themselves at everything and you watch Ali catch shots that would require two or three steps shifting over. Not to mention his 1v1 and distribution. I think the Roma keeping coach said he was the Messi of keepers and he might be right.