The Liverpool Thread

Shoes. Not the thing I thought I’d be talking about today. Who was the 🔔end who took a complete change of everything ….. bar a change of trabs. 🤦‍♂️Sat typing this in my socks the car as they are still drying out …..

Yesterday’s admin-

Current total game unbeaten run:
P 6 W 5 D 1 F 16 A CS: 3
4 Straight Wins. (Second time already this season we’ve won 4 or more consecutive games.).

Current unbeaten away total games run:
P 2 W 1 D 1 F 4 A 3 CS: 1
1 Straight Win.

I don’t know how it came over, but I can’t remember conditions like that in a long, long time. Hurricane, swirling wind and driving, torrential rain. It was bad enough the ground with it bouncing off the roof lashing our end. But the walk back the hotel man ….. Can’t remember being as saturated as that since maybe Fulham early ‘90’s LC on what used to be that big open terrace down there? Newcastle was bad a couple years before the open Leazes end when we got proper drenched when Mirandinha scored. But nothing like last night since. Full credit to every last one of them for battling through that. Couldn’t think of worse conditions to play in with that wind. Which all made Darwins ridiculous, winning stunner even more incredible that he webbed it with that power, directly in to the face of the way the wind was swirling. Just adds to my blossoming man crush with the mad btard. Thought Endo and Quansah were boss standouts too.

Super, really hard fought win that. And the perfect draw. Thats us in the semi’s.

Kudos, if I do say so, to r end which was awesome from start to finish. And, surprisingly for a midweek down South, it was a 90% solid Scouse turnout. Which probably explains the multitude of old songs getting belted out. Boss away end that as the wind and rain swirled around you.

Negatives, apart from the weather-

Tsimikas showing again just how bang mediocre he is and why AndyRobbo has been flogged to death. His defending has always been S. Now he offers nottin’ going forward either. Again, I sincerely hope we are just protecting his value and one of either Scanlon or Chambers is ready to be Andy’s back-up next year.

Him aside, full credit to everyone for such a hard grafting, battling display. Couldn’t have been prouder.

Phillip Billing. What an A1 shouse that lad is. Proper gobS. Felt like running on and leathering him myself. Credit to our lads for keeping their cool with him.

Bournemouth’s suddenly over zealous stewards ….. Normally straight in there. Last night, two separate checks, in the rain! A knife/ metal scan. Then some other blert telling you to empty everything out yer pocket …… who politely got told where to go. Am I going to a footie game like or going to fight in Gaza? 🤦‍♂️😡

Anyway. I’m babbling but at least my wheels are drying out haha.

Is it Sunday yet to do this all over again with this awesome group of lads?

*Sings ’We’re on the march with Jurgen’s army, We’re all going to Wemberley …..’

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Last edited:
Want the Ev the semi badly BTW.

Just let them think they have a chance at a final then volley them all over both games. 🤣🤣🤣

1698998820578.png

And the one L is down to cheating officials. 🤬

Lets see if Luton can hang on with the same intensity in the second half. Feel like we are unnecessary making the pitch narrow. We have Gomez on the left who is naturally inverting because he isn't left footed so it and Jota from the left drifts inwards anyway. We lack width and need Trent out wide otherwise we will continue to struggle this game.

Think these two points dropped will come back to haunt us. Just one of those evenings that we were lucky Diaz saved us at the end there and after everything it was fitting for him.

That Nunez goal was Torres-esque!
We saw the other side of him today. Tbf we got one full season of prime Torres the rest was dribs and drabs as we taped him up after breaking down every now and again till he left for Chelsea. I have faith in Darwin that he will eventually get his finishing on point as the rest of his overall game has gone up ten folds this season. However, there's only so many times he can miss point-blank open goals, he needs to get it right. Today miss falls into the completely unacceptable realm as a striker.

It’s funny how moments, or in our currency, goals, change your whole demeanour. I woke 100% better this AM after what happened in the 95th minute, than I would have had the score remained what it was a minute before that.

Yesterday’s admin-

Title Countdown:
7 wins down/ 23 to go.
24 points down/ 69 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 4 W 2 D 2 F 8 A 3 CS: 2

Current unbeaten away PL run:
P 2 W D 2 F 3 A 3 CS:

That was a really funny game to analyse. On the one hand, L’pool are collectively off it. Diaz and Elliott are great when they come on. But across the XI, L’pool aren’t really at it. But then they do more than enough to win the game. The ridiculous xG of Luton 0.9/ L’pool 3.51 is testament to that. As ‘off it’ as we were, the chances were plentiful. We just couldn’t find the opener that would have killed the game. And the only way Luton were scoring was from a breakaway like that. So even going into that 95th minute, it was more frustration than annoyance given context. But then the perfect player scores which changes your whole mood on a multitude of reasons. I’ve mentioned the ‘19/‘20 vibes a lot with this group. And that was another massive step for them reminiscent of the original ‘Mentality Monsters.’ The fight to never give up and keep going. To rescue a point when all seemed lost. And then our #7 got to send his message across the World to just pull the squad even more together. On the one hand, it’s still a frustrating 2 points dropped. But on the other, we lose that game last season. A game we had more than enough chances that we should have won. But had to dig real deep, when not playing great, to get what felt like a massive point at the end. Hard game to analyse.

And further, when you put it in context of our season, for that point to leave us, at worst with a win next Sunday, one game behind City going to theirs, you’d have snapped anyones hand off for that. Frustrating day but a not a real downbeat one. Funny how moments and goals have such an effect. Talking of, kinda’, Darwins jaw dropping miss (Side note- Deano unbelievably had a worse one on our last league visit 32 years ago. Same goal. But he was right on the goal line and somehow defied the laws of physics to put it over. That cost us a win too) ….. With that and Gravenberch’s sitter miss down at Brighton, we are sat top now even with the Tottenham disgrace. Fine, fine margins. You can’t excuse either miss, but both players have been fantastic this season for the collective so it would be churlish to go in hard on either. Thats football. S happens. We take the point and move on.

The real bad for me yesterday was Luton’s continued death trap of a ground and their gutter dwelling support. Absolutely mad how they can allow unreserved seating in this day and age. With the only real safe gap at the back of the seats left empty. But the stewards and Police having no issue with the gangways and steps being rammed. Not to mention 2/3 to a seat in places on the smallest rows available. If it wasn’t for some self-Policing, people are quite easily getting hurt yesterday. In 2023. Absolute disgrace. Place wants condemning.

As for Luton’s support …..

Why is it lads from absolute S/holes, throw S at you the loudest? 🤷🏼‍♂️ ’In yer L’pool slums …..’ oh the irony. 🤦‍♂️ The National anthem followed by ’YSB!’ Three times. Same each time. And you wonder why we don’t consider ourselves English? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂ ’We never played in Europe ‘cos of you’ ….. And Utd. And Chelsea. And West Ham. And your beloved English National sides supporters. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ And the cherry on the top ….. The tragedy chant of choice ‘Always the victims …..🤬🤬🤬🤬

Enjoy the Championship again next season where you belong. Hopefully, NEVER to come back!

2 points dropped from a below standard outing. Yet it felt like a point gained at the end.

Funny old game.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

It’s funny how moments, or in our currency, goals, change your whole demeanour. I woke 100% better this AM after what happened in the 95th minute, than I would have had the score remained what it was a minute before that.

Yesterday’s admin-

Title Countdown:
7 wins down/ 23 to go.
24 points down/ 69 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 4 W 2 D 2 F 8 A 3 CS: 2

Current unbeaten away PL run:
P 2 W D 2 F 3 A 3 CS:

That was a really funny game to analyse. On the one hand, L’pool are collectively off it. Diaz and Elliott are great when they come on. But across the XI, L’pool aren’t really at it. But then they do more than enough to win the game. The ridiculous xG of Luton 0.9/ L’pool 3.51 is testament to that. As ‘off it’ as we were, the chances were plentiful. We just couldn’t find the opener that would have killed the game. And the only way Luton were scoring was from a breakaway like that. So even going into that 95th minute, it was more frustration than annoyance given context. But then the perfect player scores which changes your whole mood on a multitude of reasons. I’ve mentioned the ‘19/‘20 vibes a lot with this group. And that was another massive step for them reminiscent of the original ‘Mentality Monsters.’ The fight to never give up and keep going. To rescue a point when all seemed lost. And then our #7 got to send his message across the World to just pull the squad even more together. On the one hand, it’s still a frustrating 2 points dropped. But on the other, we lose that game last season. A game we had more than enough chances that we should have won. But had to dig real deep, when not playing great, to get what felt like a massive point at the end. Hard game to analyse.

And further, when you put it in context of our season, for that point to leave us, at worst with a win next Sunday, one game behind City going to theirs, you’d have snapped anyones hand off for that. Frustrating day but a not a real downbeat one. Funny how moments and goals have such an effect. Talking of, kinda’, Darwins jaw dropping miss (Side note- Deano unbelievably had a worse one on our last league visit 32 years ago. Same goal. But he was right on the goal line and somehow defied the laws of physics to put it over. That cost us a win too) ….. With that and Gravenberch’s sitter miss down at Brighton, we are sat top now even with the Tottenham disgrace. Fine, fine margins. You can’t excuse either miss, but both players have been fantastic this season for the collective so it would be churlish to go in hard on either. Thats football. S happens. We take the point and move on.

The real bad for me yesterday was Luton’s continued death trap of a ground and their gutter dwelling support. Absolutely mad how they can allow unreserved seating in this day and age. With the only real safe gap at the back of the seats left empty. But the stewards and Police having no issue with the gangways and steps being rammed. Not to mention 2/3 to a seat in places on the smallest rows available. If it wasn’t for some self-Policing, people are quite easily getting hurt yesterday. In 2023. Absolute disgrace. Place wants condemning.

As for Luton’s support …..

Why is it lads from absolute S/holes, throw S at you the loudest? 🤷🏼‍♂️ ’In yer L’pool slums …..’ oh the irony. 🤦‍♂️ The National anthem followed by ’YSB!’ Three times. Same each time. And you wonder why we don’t consider ourselves English? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ ’We never played in Europe ‘cos of you’ ….. And Utd. And Chelsea. And West Ham. And your beloved English National sides supporters. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ And the cherry on the top ….. The tragedy chant of choice ‘Always the victims …..🤬🤬🤬🤬

Enjoy the Championship again next season where you belong. Hopefully, NEVER to come back!

2 points dropped from a below standard outing. Yet it felt like a point gained at the end.

Funny old game.

UTR! FTT!!!!!
when their own club club puts out a BS statement not even owning up to the chants it says a lot. Disgusting behaviour and it starts from the top.

when their own club club puts out a BS statement not even owning up to the chants it says a lot. Disgusting behaviour and it starts from the top.

One of the most pathetic statements I’ve ever read. Which in football, is saying something. The complete excusing of the tragedy chanting is disgraceful enough in itself. But not even a mention of the ***** about social deprivation and poverty. (The complete irony there BTW coming from Luton.🤦‍♂️ Simple *****.). Maybe they think thats acceptable, funny ‘banter.’ 😡

I’ll castigate Carragher all day, but fair play to him for calling it out live on air. The sick thing is when they are they are next on the telly, Sky et al will be peddling the B/S about what a wonderful, romantic story Luton is.

Shower of low life Tory *****! Get back the lower leagues where you belong! 🤬

One of my favorite things about United fans is them chanting Argentina over the national anthem.

Thought you was a being a bit harsh about tsimikas fall off scouse but **** he doesn't even look championship quality nowadays. I guess that's what happens when you play sporadically for 18months. He looks devoid of any confidence right now and looks a shadow of the player that came in for Robbo during his first season.

Thought you was a being a bit harsh about tsimikas fall off scouse but **** he doesn't even look championship quality nowadays. I guess that's what happens when you play sporadically for 18months. He looks devoid of any confidence right now and looks a shadow of the player that came in for Robbo during his first season.

Bar Elliott, they were all utter dog ****. But yeah, he was especially bad. Says it all when you hook yer left full at HT.

Didn’t deserve F all, but frustrating as when VAR does you out of a point. Meh, games passed. Qualify at Anfield next time out. No change. Lashing down right now, but about to get a train to Carcassonne, which looks a brilliantly boss, picturesque, walled Citu about an hour away by train. Back from there tomorrow avvy.

UTR! FTT!!!!!

Great win that sets us up nicely for the next few weeks. I think Endo had a decent game coming in and wasn't anything special but it showed the difference in his positioning and between Macca who feels slow and labored in the role compared to him. He had fabs knack of not picking up a yellow despite a million times breaking up the play with a foul lmao. Nunez and Salah developing quite a partnership and Jota does jota things plays ***** yet still bags. Hopefully, that assist gives Tsimikas a world of confidence as he defo needs it, and Virgil like I said before is quietly back to being one of the best out there.

Big congrats to Barry Lewtas' U21 history makers!

After their first ever win in the competition earlier this season, at the 13th time of asking (3-0 at L2 Morecombe); now, after 5 seasons trying, they have finally qualified out of the group in the EFL Trophy to reach the Round of 32 knockouts for the first time.

Superb for our always very young (and depleted as these games get played on International weeks) U21's to have another big development step with another game against a full, professional league side.

1,058 for USG is beyond taking the ****! 🤬

L’pool need to pull UEFA to enforce the minimum %. SOS certainly, and rightly, will with the club again. 😡

These diddy allocations this year have been a proper pain in the behind to box.