The Liverpool Thread

City, and now Arsenal aside, there's usually only 4 games a season I am never confident about going in. Everton and Utd. Not because either are any good. They aren't. This continues to be the worst coached Utd team, lacking much of any top quality, in living memory. Probably going back to before the PL. And looking at their first two games, particularly last Sat'day at Brighton, there's little changed from last season, But then it's us and them. Where it becomes all encompassing for the team so far behind the other to mess up the better sides chances. Utd in their Cup Final, at Old Trafford, is a proper dangerous animal. As we saw in glorious technicolour last season when we played them off the park all three games, with 80 odd shots or whatever it was over the three games, and failed to win a single game.

But all that said, I'll be proper disappointed if we even draw today. When Utd are this poor, with the gap between the two sides as big as anyone can remember, you have to be putting them in their place and coming away with a win. Last season can NOT be happening again.

And if Utd could continue there good work in clamping down and lashing out/ banning the low life's tragedy chanting, that would be appreciated. There's the biggest and best rivalry in World football. And there's being absolute low life meffs. Think on aye lads?

Arsenal have blinked first in a title race that's looking once more that you'll have to be almost perfect.

Let's bounce into the International break neck-and-neck with the cheats.

Straight into these shower of bleeps Redmen!

Matchday 3 and im still convinced its Gravenberch's evil twin who is playing for us now. What a transformation I wanted to post at halftime but didn't want to jinx it but long may it continue. Hard game to decipher still because my god united are so poorly coached we didn't have to come out of 2nd gear at all.

If Carlsberg did perfect Sundays ….. Meh, they don’t need to. We have Slots Mighty Reds to take care of that! Even getting drenched on what still was a really muggy day couldn’t stop you bouncing into the International break.

Yesterdays admin-

Title Countdown:
3 wins down/ 26 to go.
9 points down/ 83 to go.

Current PL unbeaten run:
P 7 W 5 D 2 F 18 A 7 CS: 4
4 Straight Wins/ 4 Straight CS.

Current unbeaten away PL run:
P 4 W 2 D 2 F 10 A 5 CS: 2
2 Straight Wins/ 2 Straight CS.

The first three games couldn’t have gone much better could they? Arne, following an absolute living, all-time Liverpool legend, wins them all. Without conceding a goal. And putting the Old Trafford hoodoo FIRMLY to bed. Utterly mad isn’t it that out of promoted Ipswich, little Brentford, and Manchester United, away; Utd would be by far and away the easiest? Ipswich were buoyed off the momentum of promotion at a fervent Portman Road. They just ran out of steam. Brentford were as well organised as ever and showed they’ll be nowhere near a threat to go down. But they were nowhere near a match for this rapidly evolving gang of Reds. Manchester United continue to be an utter shambles from back to front. Everton gave us great hilarity Sat’day. But Gods honest, its hard to say these are any better.

I didn’t think L’pool was that great. But we didn’t have to be. Second gear was all it took to easily dispatch of Utd’s mess in a scoreline that flattered them massively. That should have been 5/6/7 again had we really been on it. Proper mad, and telling just how poor a coach ten Hag is, that Slot, in 4 short months, has completely changed our identity. Whilst, in year 3, Utd STILL don’t have one! He seems to want to play out from the back ….. With a goalkeeper and defenders who are utter **** on the ball and panic when under pressure. (Martinez the ‘Butcher?’ Pat Butcher would be more scary!). He seems to want to play through midfield ….. When they don’t have a midfield to play through! More its P easy for the opposition to play right through them. He seems to want to get it forward quick ….. Sound, they have quick lads up front. But absolutely NO CF fulcrum with wingers who continue to make P poor decisions. Absolutely NOTHING has changed from last year bar more mediocrity being added. (Not hard to see why nobody was interested in de Ligt going so cheap on the market aye?). Just a really poorly coached, poor quality assembled shambles that rely on the few individual quality players they do have to flat-track bully the lesser sides.

But enough of that shower. They aren’t our business and won’t be for years to come.

I’ve mentioned often on these here pages how there’s often a massive disconnect on whats posted on-line. And the thoughts of actual supporters at the match. And yesterday hammered it home again. The overriding talk pre-match was that many would have liked at least one more this window. (With the Basque being the main protagonist as to that happening if he’d been honest.). But there was absolutely NO talk of protesting against Fenway/ them letting us down this window and needing to go et al. Just the rationale of L’pool already having as good a squad, if not better, than anyone else to start with. And the Chiesa signing having most absolutely buzzing over the past week. I absolutely loved, yet again, that Ryan was the best player on the park. As his partnership with Macca continues to flourish in the ‘one sits/ one goes, one goes/ one sits old school’ double pivot that is negating any need for an old school 6 by the passing game. United unveiled Ugarte before KO. He’d have been sound for Jurgen when we played with a single 6 to sit and protect. He’d be neither use nor ornament in Slots system having to progress the ball forward and break lines. Would another playmaking 6 be a useful addition? Absolutely no question. But its not the be all and end all. Amd most certainly doesn’t weaken the top notch group we have. We FULLY believe we have the squad to win the league once more. Soz abar you if you don’t and just want to nark about a transfer window. 🙄🤦‍♂️

Hard to really critique the Reds yesterday as Utd were SO poor. Bar a few shocking misses aside (I am looking squarely at YOU Dominic! 🤬), ruthlessly efficient would beat describe us as we totally schooled Utd without being anywhere near our best. Mad to think there’s still LEVELS to go when you are joint top and already deeply embroiled in the highest of quality title races with City again.

Brilliant day out that doesn’t come much better. Is it Forest already?

*Sings …..

Na na,, na na, na na, na na, na na, na, ten Hags at the wheel, at the wheel. ten Hags at the WHEEL!!!!!’ 😆

Up the perfect Reds!

Last edited:
Scouse I beg you tell me you watching the Netherlands and tuned into the Gravenberch show. Im being made to eat my words every game, it's his evil twin im telling you or something switched this summer and he finally has decided to step up but im loving it. You need to see the pass he pulled off for a 1v1 it was trentesque.

Weird to be playing the horribly hated Forest, one of our traditionally biggest rivals, and not be concerned/ expecting a tough battle. But here we are. The isn’t that despicable, drunken S/house Clough’s Forest. This is the Ev level, relegation fodder Forest. Whilst we are more and more looking like City’s only realistic challengers once more.

Routine home win to ease in to Milan. In front of Anfield’s biggest ever attendance (What have Fenway EVER done for us! 😡.). Whilst we both say goodbye to the old, and welcome in the new. First time we get to fully pay our respects to Big Ron. God rest. 🙏🏻❤️ And, 🤞🏻🤞🏻, the first time we get to see the single best signing of the entire transfer window don our colours. Mamma Mia and then some! 😛

Straight into these scab btards Redmen!

There were stinkers all round from nearly everyone but I don't think Salah and Szoboszlai passed the ball to a red shirt all game. We fell right into the nuno shithouse masterclass of slowing the tempo down for them and the ref falling for the dives. It is what it is but that felt like a game where we wouldn't have scored even if the cows came home.

There were stinkers all round from nearly everyone but I don't think Salah and Szoboszlai passed the ball to a red shirt all game. We fell right into the nuno shithouse masterclass of slowing the tempo down for them and the ref falling for the dives. It is what it is but that felt like a game where we wouldn't have scored even if the cows came home.
could be worse could be a everton fan

I figure this will be the shortest and easiest match missive of the year-

Todays admin-

Title Countdown:
3 wins down/ 26 to go.
9 points down/ 83 to go.

Human emotions are ****** brilliant yanno’. Especially when it comes to sports.

First, you have the being down and frustrated watching a proper grim outing from your team emotion.

L’pool were utter dog💩 from back to front. And the HC was little better. Just one of them where every single player had a collective off-day. Made more annoying as it came at the hands of those scab btards from Nottingham. Fair F’s to Forest. Nuno came with a game-plan and they executed it to perfection. The absolutely inept Oliver helped them facilitate that with some abysmal officiating allowing the time wasting and blatant fouling/ diving at their leisure. But the side that won deserved to win. And the side that didn’t, rightfully lost. Nottin’ good at all to take from that S so we move on.

Second, you have the ‘Meh, thats past. Don’t let it ruin your night’ emotion. (And this is probably a Scouse thing more than anything as its proper hard to keep us down for long.). You meet back up with yer mates for a post match bevvy, have a quick chat about the game, revolving around said ‘Well that was utter S aye?’ Then you remind each other that we’re 9 points out of 12 under a compete change of everything after 8 and a half years, and your emotions start to swing back to medium. Then one of the lads raises a glass reminding you we are on day one of 5 off work, with the splendour of Milan to come Monday with the first holiday of the season. And the flat face you walked into the pub with starts to smile and buzz.

And then lastly, third on the emotional Richter scale, after Blues had been dancing and back slapping in the boozer, Everton turn around and make your day suddenly BRILLIANT again. In the most Everton of Everton ways possible. For the SECOND game running! 🤣🤣🤣

The best text I’ve had thus far is-

You have to admire Everton’s ‘always say die’ attitude. Even at 2-0 up, they never gave up believing that they could lose this game.” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Always remember kids, even on our worst day, we’re winning at life by virtue of not being born/ brought up blue. 😁

Football and emotions. They can be wonderful things when they swing from one extreme to the other and pick you right back up after a proper poor outing.

Onto hopefully bouncing right back in Milan and a UEFA competition super game between two of its very best.

UTR!

Last edited:
I figure this will be the shortest and easiest match missive of the year-

Todays admin-

Title Countdown:
3 wins down/ 26 to go.
9 points down/ 83 to go.

Human emotions are ****** brilliant yanno’. Especially when it comes to sports.

First, you have being down watching a proper grim outing from your team:

L’pool were utter dog💩from back to front. Including the manager. Just one of them where every single player had a collective off day. Made more annoying as came at the hands of those scab btards! Nottin’ good at all to take from that S so we move on.

Second (and this is probably a Scouse thing more than anything as its proper hard to keep us down for long), you meet back up with yer mates for a post match bevvy, have a quick chat about the game, revolving around said ‘Well that was utter S!’ Then you remind each other that we’re 9 points out of 12 under a compete change of everything after 8 and a half years and your emotions start to swing back to medium. Then one of the lads raises a glass reminding you we are on day one of 5 off work, with the splendour of Milan to come Monday with the first holiday of the season. And the flat face starts to smile and buzz.

And then third on the emotional Richter scale, after blues had been dancing and back slapping in the boozer, Everton turn around and make your day suddenly BRILLIANT again. In the most Everton of Evertonist ways possible. For the SECOND game running! 🤣🤣🤣

The best text I’ve had thus far is-

You have to admire Everton’s ‘always say die’ attitude. Even at 2-0 up, they never gave up believing that they could lose this game.” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Always remember kids, even on our WORST day, we’re winning at life by virtue of not being born/ brought up blue. 😁

Football and emotions. They can be wonderful things when they swing from one extreme ti the other.

UTR!
have a nice time in milan

I hadn't even bothered looking at the other results today, so thanks for pointing me at this one :ROFLMAO:

They are like the Anti-Leverkusen for last season. Everlusen :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: