The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I've heard Suarez is being watched from now until the end of the season before the owners make a 'final' decision on him. I don't give a **** how much the owners have spent since coming here or how much revenue they've brought in, if they sell Suarez I'll be protesting to get them out as I did with cancerous hicks & gillette.

And who's that scottish drunk think he's trying to fool by saying Suarez should never play for Liverpool again because he refused Evras hand? If whiskey nose remembers whats happened at United down the years then he should keep his mouth shut.

Are you a fan of Suarez or a fan of Liverpool?

Well I went to three games while he was banned, which is more then what these so called 'fans' have done for the past few years. I'm a fan of Liverpool, not a fan of forcing players out of clubs.

These owners are the best thing that happened to you in a while. You've been beyond **** on the pitch, but you can't blame them for that because they've invested quite heavily since they arrived. Personally, I don't think they'll get rid of Suarez, but if they did they'll most likely buy a replacement, I don't think they deserve a bunch of fickle fans protesting because they sold a player.

I've heard Suarez is being watched from now until the end of the season before the owners make a 'final' decision on him. I don't give a **** how much the owners have spent since coming here or how much revenue they've brought in, if they sell Suarez I'll be protesting to get them out as I did with cancerous hicks & gillette.

You "heard" that? Cus it sounds like BS to me.

You really think the club would support Suarez throughout the entire racism thing and then sell him because he wouldn't shake Evra's hand? LOL

You "heard" that? Cus it sounds like BS to me.

You really think the club would support Suarez throughout the entire racism thing and then sell him because he wouldn't shake Evra's hand? LOL

It wouldn't surprise me since now there are American stakeholders in Fenway who are voicing their displeasure at the whole incident. You think it's coincidence the NY times (stakeholders) write an editorial on it, and then the same day the owners force out a ton of statements to repair the damage?

I don't know Joel, neither do I care. I personally don't think Suarez will be sold, I think it would be stupid and completely unnecessary.

Also, why did Liverpool walked along to shake United's hands? It should have been the other way around..

I don't know Joel, neither do I care. I personally don't think Suarez will be sold, I think it would be stupid and completely unnecessary.

Also, why did Liverpool walked along to shake United's hands? It should have been the other way around..
I very much doubt he will be sold over this, I do think it could happen if he continues to bring so much needless controversy. Standard chartered have already shown concern. Like I've said, and I'm not the only United fan to say it, SAFs comments were way over the top (as an aside given how Dalglish also blew his lid, this is managers shouldn't give interviews right after the game) but the sentiment was right, Suarez badly let the side down, after all the support he got. He pulled the rug from under all their feet.

I very much doubt he will be sold over this, I do think it could happen if he continues to bring so much needless controversy. Standard chartered have already shown concern. Like I've said, and I'm not the only United fan to say it, SAFs comments were way over the top (as an aside given how Dalglish also blew his lid, this is managers shouldn't give interviews right after the game) but the sentiment was right, Suarez badly let the side down, after all the support he got. He pulled the rug from under all their feet.

I'm surprised that initially Suarez with given a bit of support by pundits, one being Redknapp, although that could have just been the Red in him.

SAF comments were pretty stupid, and people would get banned from this forum for saying that on here P: ..But I don't really care, I don't take post-match interviews seriously, especially between Liverpool and United.

Still, I'm curious about the handshake.. I read about it on a Liverpool fanzine. I wonder who it was that decided to change the protocol, because it wasn't the FA.

I'm surprised that initially Suarez with given a bit of support by pundits, one being Redknapp, although that could have just been the Red in him.

SAF comments were pretty stupid, and people would get banned from this forum for saying that on here P: ..But I don't really care, I don't take post-match interviews seriously, especially between Liverpool and United.

Still, I'm curious about the handshake.. I read about it on a Liverpool fanzine. I wonder who it was that decided to change the protocol, because it wasn't the FA.
Think Redknapp gave initial support probably because he didn't know that Suarez had agreed to shake his hand. Not really sure about the handshake either

The game itself, Liverpool looked devoid of ideas, Spearing had rings ran round him as well, Gerrard still doesn't look right either

"Well Ajax got shot of him during his ban after biting an opponent on the neck. They probably saw what Suarez was truly like and coincidence was that no top Spanish or Italian clubs were interested. They probably did their homework on him. After all the Liverpool fans defended him he truly has made them us look like mugs. I dislike the guy and has tarnished the clubs reputation."

That was a quote from my brother who is a Liverpool fan. Not sure about the other clubs not being interested in him but it would not suprise me.

I don't think he'll be sold over it alone, but there's no doubt the owners have concerns over him and is under internal scrutiny.

Think Redknapp gave initial support probably because he didn't know that Suarez had agreed to shake his hand. Not really sure about the handshake either

The game itself, Liverpool looked devoid of ideas, Spearing had rings ran round him as well, Gerrard still doesn't look right either

Hmm. Wouldn't surprise me if the whole handshake thing was a big Sky conspiracy to cause drama. ;)

Yeah, I felt bad for Spearing, he's just not ready to take on the big clubs. We miss Lucas so, so badly. Really should have brought somebody in, in January.

Gerrard was poor, obviously finding it difficult coming back into the squad. Downing was ****, as always.. The fact we didn't start Bellamy, Carroll, and to an extent, Adam was just terrible. At the end of the day, Dalglish got it wrong, tactically. The fact that we only lost 2-1 isn't that disheartening either. We were terrible and lost by one goal.

Yeah found out the source was from Yahoo... probably unreliable. But this racism thing has apparently been dragged over to the states now and more and more people are taking notice of it. Hence why the owners have decided to get involved.

Hmm. Wouldn't surprise me if the whole handshake thing was a big Sky conspiracy to cause drama. ;)

Yeah, I felt bad for Spearing, he's just not ready to take on the big clubs. We miss Lucas so, so badly. Really should have brought somebody in, in January.

Gerrard was poor, obviously finding it difficult coming back into the squad. Downing was ****, as always.. The fact we didn't start Bellamy, Carroll, and to an extent, Adam was just terrible. At the end of the day, Dalglish got it wrong, tactically. The fact that we only lost 2-1 isn't that disheartening either. We were terrible and lost by one goal.
Surprised by no Bellamy start, he's always been a threat against us, throughout his career. Aye said Lucas would be a massive miss

When's Evra going to apologise?

When is Suarez going to over the initial incident? Neither is likely to happen, so you might as well move on, most people are trying to, and more importantly the stance of both clubs is to move on

Last edited:
Yeah found out the source was from Yahoo... probably unreliable. But this racism thing has apparently been dragged over to the states now and more and more people are taking notice of it. Hence why the owners have decided to get involved.
It's already brought concern to your sponsors as well, hopefully they will have been comforted by the latest efforts

It's already brought concern to your sponsors as well, hopefully they will have been comforted by the latest efforts

Yeah standard chartereds in on the act now.

FML moment for John Henry.

Back