The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Apparently Comolli was at the game [United vs Schalke], according to JamieDalton82 on twitter [look him up, some interesting talks on there].

Liverpool making double bid? Wayne Rooney to partner Suarez and Carroll and Van Der Sar as a replacement for Reina?

Bookmark and check back in a couple of months time ;)

Liverpool making double bid? Wayne Rooney to partner Suarez and Carroll and Van Der Sar as a replacement for Reina?

Bookmark and check back in a couple of months time ;)

Neh, making a double bid for Bebe and Obertan.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the hype around Charlie Adam?

Severely over-hyped

Or maybe he was just there to enjoy the game?
Dont see why he would have been there as theres nobody in the Shalke team were reportedly interested in...

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the hype around Charlie Adam?

Severely over-hyped

No. He's good for set pieces but otherwise he's limited.

Edit: This site is becoming a PITA. I'm constantly being locked out by the 'sorry the server...' message. Life's too short ffs.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Go away. We don't want you here.

I love you.

Relax mate - GC is a closet Red. Half of what he says about us is a subtle blend of admiration & irony.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

1. I mentioned Torres, so bore off.
2. We need a creative midfielder. Lucas is a workhorse. Kuyt is a workhorse. Spearing when he plays is a workhorse. Suarez is a workhorse.

Need anymore examples?

Agreed - but The Streetfighter is that rarest of creatures - a flair player who works hard as well.

Last edited:
If (or should I said when?) Kenny does become manager full-time, do we think he'll be given full control over transfers as he wants?

Relax mate - GC is a closet Red. Half of what he says about us is a subtle blend of admiration & irony.

I think that's a cue for me to write a blog post damning Liverpool, eh? Also you missed out the intense sexual **** I feel for Alex

I think that's a cue for me to write a blog post damning Liverpool, eh? Also you missed out the intense sexual **** I feel for Alex

No. You've said as much yourself. ( Not that thing about Alex. You're both consenting adults. Probably.) Peace. ;)

No. You've said as much yourself. ( Not that thing about Alex. You're both consenting adults. Probably.) Peace. ;)

Did you not see in the same post I told him I loved him.

Me and GC are tight.

Guys,try keep it a bit on topic please. Most of the last 15 posts is you guys just bickering.
If you dont ill have to close the thread again till you all cool down

Anyway most people ITK or not realise we have priorities this summer.
1. A left back/wing back
2. A creative left winger who can land perfect crosses
3. A young center back that can learn from Carra
4. A creative center midfielder in the Xabi Alonso mould.( dont think it will be Charlie Adam personally)
5. Another winger if we can find a target for the right price
6. A back up keeper
7. Another Striker

I dont expect us to get all 7 of these sorted. If we got 5/7 id be very happy with that.

If (or should I said when?) Kenny does become manager full-time, do we think he'll be given full control over transfers as he wants?

No. He'll have the final say but Comolli will be hugely involved.

Did you not see in the same post I told him I loved him.

Me and GC are tight.

No I did'na. All's well that end's well.

On another note: Is it solid About Pepe ? If so great news, though I saw it coming - you guys too I'm sure.

Last edited:
No. He'll have the final say but Comolli will be hugely involved.

I'd think Comolli will come to Kenny with a list, then Kenny would have the final say from there something like that?

No I did'na. All's well that end's well.

On another note: Is it solid About Pepe ? If so great news, though I saw it coming - you guys too I'm sure.

Yep. Saw a couple of quotes floating around saying that he was definitely staying.

I thought I saw a story somewhere regarding Liverpool making a move for Nuri Sahin, who just turned down a contract extension at BVB. I'll see whether I can find it...

I'd think Comolli will come to Kenny with a list, then Kenny would have the final say from there something like that?

Sounds reasonable; that's what directors of football should do in theory - take the hassle of scouting for boys away from the manager, but give him the final nod.

---------- Post added 05/05/2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 04/05/2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Guys,try keep it a bit on topic please. Most of the last 15 posts is you guys just bickering.
If you dont ill have to close the thread again till you all cool down

Anyway most people ITK or not realise we have priorities this summer.
1. A left back/wing back
2. A creative left winger who can land perfect crosses
3. A young center back that can learn from Carra
4. A creative center midfielder in the Xabi Alonso mould.( dont think it will be Charlie Adam personally)
5. Another winger if we can find a target for the right price
6. A back up keeper
7. Another Striker

I dont expect us to get all 7 of these sorted. If we got 5/7 id be very happy with that.

Sorry Boss.

I think Pepe would love to play every game if he could so have a backup keeper as the last piece of the jigsaw. I mean. when was the last time he was out injured ?

No place for a certain Ashley Young in your list I see. Excellent call.

Last edited:
No place for a certain Ashley Young in your list I see. Excellent call.

Quite right, but I'm just interested to know why you think that? I know why - I watch Young week in week out after all - but it seems that most of the rest of England still wrongly consider him our best player.

On the topic of a left winger, think Balazs Dzsudzsak was being lined up recently. I'll find the link.

Found it. From what I know of him, he's exactly what you need: a pacey classic winger, with excellent crossing and the added bonus of being good at set-pieces.

Last edited:
Quite right, but I'm just interested to know why you think that? I know why - I watch Young week in week out after all - but it seems that most of the rest of England still wrongly consider him our best player.

We really need a conventional winger & Young is not one; he's too much like Babel for my tastes. Babel was a forward at Ajax & Rafa seemed to think he could turn him into a winger - no use. Young is not the player we need to give us width & send crosses in for Carroll; His instincts are to cut inside & get into the oppo box. We're covered there.

Lots of Reds would love to see him here but I'm a pragmatist; we need to fill the positions where we are weak, not supplement the positions where we are strong. Unlike Sheikh City, we can't afford to buy everything that catches our fancy just for the sake of it. Tactical buying I think it's called. Ghastly.

Dzsudzsak doesn't fancy us more's the pity - I really rate him. He's PSV's best player by some distance.

Last edited:
Sorry Boss.

I think Pepe would love to play every game if he could so have a backup keeper as the last piece of the jigsaw. I mean. when was the last time he was out injured ?

Had to LOL at the first bit.
I agree that reina wants/should start all games but i remember a few years ago we had Kirkland/Dudek and both got injured and we lost points. You never know, one awkward fall in training could cost us a few points next season. Id rather know we have good back up as i think Jones is leaving at the end of the season. Also if he have a stand in doing well in training it could make Reina under pressure to do well. Its all about competition for places.

On the topic of a left winger, think Balazs Dzsudzsak was being lined up recently.

I for one would cry if i seen us waste money on Young. He is a decent player but he is overhyped. He isnt really an out and out winger and hes not a striker. If we were to sign a winger from Villa id much rather Mark Albrighton(sp).

From what i have seen Dzsudzsak seems to fit the bill. He has done well over the past 2 seasons for PSV and fits our reqiuirements.

We really need a conventional winger & Young is not one; he's too much like Babel for my tastes.
Lots of Reds would love to see him here but I'm a pragmatist; we need to fill the positions where we are weak, not supplement the positions where we are strong. Unlike Sheikh City, we can't afford to buy everything that catches our fancy just for the sake of it.

I actually thought that before, Babel and Young are similar players. Why pay so much for a similar player to one we sold for peanuts...

I for one would cry if i seen us waste money on Young. He is a decent player but he is overhyped. He isnt really an out and out winger and hes not a striker. If we were to sign a winger from Villa id much rather Mark Albrighton(sp).

Just... no. Honestly, you have more chance of Poulsen scoring a perfect hat-trick than that happening.

I actually thought that before, Babel and Young are similar players. Why pay so much for a similar player to one we sold for peanuts...

Not true. Young is a winger - Babel was a striker playing on the wing. Their attributes are quite different, with Young being more fleet-footed and an excellent crosser, and Babel being more direct and more of a goal threat. Still, I can see why you wouldn't want Young, but I would be exceptionally happy if he went to you this summer.

Just... no. Honestly, you have more chance of Poulsen scoring a perfect hat-trick than that happening.

Haha i didnt say it would happen. What i meant is that he is the only Villa player id take for Liverpool.
Meh,Young has a decent pass and can dribble down the flank but he lacks quality crossing ability and thats why i wouldnt really like him.

Back