The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The one against Spurs when he played at Right Back.

Fair enough, but getting put out of position against one of the best wingers in the world is hardly his fault.

After the game, I had about 20 United fans tweet me saying "Wow, you beat a Championship side, don't be proud" etc etc. I forgot Crystal Palace were in the EPL, and not the Championship.

But in all honestly, we deserved the win. And Skrtel is amazing.

Heard you got into an equally childish fight with DMF on twitter.

Trophy aside (something which is always good win), Liverpool didnt play particularly well, and give how well Cardiff defended and took it to pens, they too would have been worthy winners, had penalties gone their way. Riveting match for the neutral, but not huge amounts of positives that Liverpool can draw on, though Downing was much improved. Will have to play much better against Arsenal, good thing the Gunners blow hot and cold.

Very happy for Kuyt though

Fair enough, but getting put out of position against one of the best wingers in the world is hardly his fault.

Skrtel has come a long way, been very very good this season.

Has anyone seen this movie yet?

[video=youtube;hJJKuUcyrKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJJKuUcyrKY[/video]

A good movie for all Liverpool fans..

I seriously could not stop Loling at this XD, whoever made it is a genius

2wrmdcl.gif

FIFA.com - Skrtel wins top Slovak award

Martin Skrtel picked up his second piece of silverware in two days today as the Liverpool central defender was named Slovakian player of the year.
The 27-year-old - who wins the award for the third time after winning in 2007 and 2008 - beat Napoli attacking midfielder Marek Hamsik and another Italy-based midfielder Juraj Kucka of Genoa in the vote.
Skrtel, who scored in Liverpool's League Cup victory over Cardiff on Sunday, ending a six-year trophy drought for the English giants, has been at Liverpool since 2008 after four seasons with Russian side Zenit St. Petersburg, with whom he won the 2008 UEFA Cup.

Good week for Martin!

Gerrard took off with tight hamstring.

****'s sake, please, just retire from internationals, this always happens.

Gerrard took off with tight hamstring.

****'s sake, please, just retire from internationals, this always happens.

It was a step up for him, he dosen't usally turn up to International friendlies of late lol.

On the same topic here im just chucking this out there Pool fans so don't shoot me down completely lol. This first trophy win could have the potential to be massive for Liverpool if they use it in the right way. For me your gaffer needs to try and look to the future and i believe he has done this to some extent with not starting Carragher in the final etc etc etc. But for me maybe its time to start playing Gerrard a little less in the so called smaller games. Gerrard is one of the reasons a very good young talent in Henderson is being played out of position. There is no doubt what Gerrard will bring to the side in the bigger games and will continue to do so in years to come. But maybe he should start playing other players a little more in the not so bigger games? Thoughts??

It was a step up for him, he dosen't usally turn up to International friendlies of late lol.

On the same topic here im just chucking this out there Pool fans so don't shoot me down completely lol. This first trophy win could have the potential to be massive for Liverpool if they use it in the right way. For me your gaffer needs to try and look to the future and i believe he has done this to some extent with not starting Carragher in the final etc etc etc. But for me maybe its time to start playing Gerrard a little less in the so called smaller games. Gerrard is one of the reasons a very good young talent in Henderson is being played out of position. There is no doubt what Gerrard will bring to the side in the bigger games and will continue to do so in years to come. But maybe he should start playing other players a little more in the not so bigger games? Thoughts??
I agree with you, Jordan Henderson is shoved out of position and expected to just step up and perform! Sure, Stevie G is a fantastic player and captain, but he doesn't have to play in every game. A few years ago, we relied on him (and we really needed to!), but now we don't need to - the takeover has done us some much good!

Since he's returned from injury, as well, he doesn't look as sharp as usual - he used to be head and shoulders above everyone, but now he's just average. I think Charlie Adam has been performing better than him, recently (I know people will talk about his penalty miss, but you can't say he's bad because of that one thing!).

Maybe dropping him for a few games or playing him in bigger games will help, and perhaps retirement from international duty will help as well! He gains injuries very easy now, and we really need to get the most out of a fantastic player until he retires!

​- PZW

[h=1]Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy is the Premier League's sprint king — at the age of 32[/h]
Not bad going for a 32 year-old who has suffered from a history of serious injuries and who was awarded a free transfer at the start of the season.

The statistic might not be as eye-catching as goals scored or assists but it is, nevertheless, an absolutely key measure used by clubs to assess the effectiveness of their players.

Indeed, some managers, such as Sam Allardyce, regard it as one of the most significant statistics in a match.

Allardyce is adamant that the team who are the first to hit the 1,000-metre mark, collectively, for such sprints in a game will win the encounter. Such is their importance.

The exact details of Bellamy’s record, compiled using the ProZone system, are not being divulged by Liverpool but he achieved the feat during the second leg of the Carling Cup semi-final at Anfield against his former clubManchester City on Jan 25, when he played 88 minutes, scored, and was his team’s outstanding performer.

Henderson, and Adam were appalling. Subs aren't being used early enough, or well enough. I feel sorry for Skrtel, Enrique, Reina, Kuyt who all genuinely tried their best. But, story of our season, fourth is long gone anyway I guess.

Henderson was decent today, most the team play decent

Yet again its just the finishing, its always the finishing.. we controlled most of the game, they have RVP we dont have a finisher in the team.

Carra is past it and both goals was because he lost RVP, Agger on the pitch that wouldnt have happened

Special praise for Skrtel though, Been top quality this season!

I thought Adam actually played really well in the first half but he was attrocious in the second. Oh and like usual his set-pieces were a let down.

Oh and I thought Henderson did alright as well.

I thought Adam actually played really well in the first half but he was attrocious in the second. Oh and like usual his set-pieces were a let down.

Oh and I thought Henderson did alright as well.

But his corners alone are 10m?!

A large majority of our fans, need to get there head un-stuck from Kenny's ****.

So the plan is to buy Eden Hazard, Javi Martinez, and Seydou Keita in the summer. Hazard and Martinez yes, but I'd rather Liverpool try to get Yann M'Vila than Keita.

Coincidentally I have Hazard, Martinez, and M'Vila in my Liverpool save. I also have Hulk and Marek Hamsik but I doubt Liverpool would buy any of those two.

Back