The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I would say out of all those players that only Keita would join but would still only be back up for Lucas, he's experienced so he would be an ok signing and the rest of them would only come if we could give them Champions League football in my opinion. Hopefully I'm wrong but we can still dream though haha! :)

Well now fourth is gone, we're basically just battling to keep in touch with the top 7. Sunderland are nearly ahead of us, and guess who we have next?

Well now fourth is gone, we're basically just battling to keep in touch with the top 7. Sunderland are nearly ahead of us, and guess who we have next?

Wouldn't say that. AVB has left Chelsea. Anything can happen now

Wouldn't say that. AVB has left Chelsea. Anything can happen now

Forget Chelsea, Arsenal are still too far ahead now. Fact is, we're not good enough really. too many passengers in the team like Adam and Henderson, (Henderson is still young and whatnot, so I'm not saying he should leave), but Adam is just too slow and immobile, and that can't be unlearned. I'd rather Shelvey play ahead of him.

Forget Chelsea, Arsenal are still too far ahead now. Fact is, we're not good enough really. too many passengers in the team like Adam and Henderson, (Henderson is still young and whatnot, so I'm not saying he should leave), but Adam is just too slow and immobile, and that can't be unlearned. I'd rather Shelvey play ahead of him.

Thing with Arsenal is though they have a habit of times of ******** up-still a dozen games to go so anything can happen. All Liverpool can do is keep plugging away-the Derby could be a pivotal moment of Liverpool win it. After how we played yesterday against QPR, and if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be confident

Thing with Arsenal is though they have a habit of times of ******** up-still a dozen games to go so anything can happen. All Liverpool can do is keep plugging away-the Derby could be a pivotal moment of Liverpool win it. After how we played yesterday against QPR, and if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be confident

If van Persie stays fit, they'll get fourth. Other than him, they'd probably be in midtable to be fair

If van Persie stays fit, they'll get fourth. Other than him, they'd probably be in midtable to be fair

True. He's been just outstanding this season. Surely that sort of form can't last forever though lol

Van Persie will carry Arsenal to 4th (due to a lack of better competitors) and then he should leave but I don't think he will

With a game in hand Liverpool are 10 points behind Arsenal. Arsenal, Chelsea and to an extent Newcastle should slip up for Liverpool to get 4th. IMO it wont happen this season.

How the **** did we lose yesterday?

Why should he leave? oO)
he's the best striker in the world and is 28 but he's only won a UEFA cup, an FA Cup and a Community Shield. He deserves much better than that and I can't see Arsenal challenging anytime soon so he should leave to win what he deserves

As I said in the Arsenal thread, and without wanting to sidetrack this. But if I was RVP I'd tell Wenger what I needed to see in order to sign a new contract at Arsenal. And it would include substantial investment in the team before I put pen to paper. In some ways that's the biggest help RVP can give to the club, beyond helping them get vital Champions League money/place this season with his 1-man demonstration of clinical finishing.

he's the best striker in the world and is 28 but he's only won a UEFA cup, an FA Cup and a Community Shield. He deserves much better than that and I can't see Arsenal challenging anytime soon so he should leave to win what he deserves

Football is more than trophies.

What if he enjoys being loved by the fans, being the captain and best player and like's playing with his current team mates.

What if he enjoys being loved by the fans, being the captain and best player and like's playing with his current team mates.

Calum, the romantic.

This isn't the Arsenal thread - If you want to have a pointless discussion about a player who is obviously far too good for his team go there instead.

don't why we are debating this, you're obviously not going to agree with me. But it's bee nearly 7 years since you last won a trophy. Footballers are ultra determined and are driven by winning everything. Van Persie is at his peak now and still hasn't got much to show for it. I would just hate to see in the future people disgard him as not a great player because he didn't win trophies. For him he deserves more

This isn't the Arsenal thread - If you want to have a pointless discussion about a player who is obviously far too good for his team go there instead.

sorry Lee saw this after I posted. Will stop posting here now

Back