The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Would prefer Jonjo Shelvey in there instead of Adam, why not give him a chance? Couldn't do any worse.
Need a winger or two and someone like defoe.

Oh and this, definitely, always been impressed everytime I've seen him, you can see he is hungry for it too. Might's well give him a go now, the rest of our league fixtures are dead rubbers now anyway - FA cup is the only thing left in our season.

Henderson has to be played in the middle aswell. Don't see why he doesn't rate kuyt, always works hard and will pop up will a few important goals

Why Kenny doesn't play Maxi? Haven't seen him play for some time, but last time he was quality and scored couple goals if I remember right.

Oh and this, definitely, always been impressed everytime I've seen him, you can see he is hungry for it too. Might's well give him a go now, the rest of our league fixtures are dead rubbers now anyway - FA cup is the only thing left in our season.

I completely agree this kid has tremendous talent and IS the future of our midfield. His technical ability on the ball during play and on set pieces is reminiscent of Gerrard. What happened to Adam's "10mil alone" set pieces?

Liverpool have been very unlucky this season with amount of times they have hit the pool.If half of those had turned goal all this talk of firiing Kenny wont arise .

I completely agree this kid has tremendous talent and IS the future of our midfield. His technical ability on the ball during play and on set pieces is reminiscent of Gerrard. What happened to Adam's "10mil alone" set pieces?

10 million set pieces, possibly a clever ploy by SAF? :P. Im personally bemused by the lack of time Maxi gets on the field, what does the guy have to do and lets be fair if Liverpool actually had Gerrard and Lucas fit for majority of the season, it would be looking differently.

10 million set pieces, possibly a clever ploy by SAF? :P. Im personally bemused by the lack of time Maxi gets on the field, what does the guy have to do and lets be fair if Liverpool actually had Gerrard and Lucas fit for majority of the season, it would be looking differently.

Me as well, he has scored consistently in his past appearances. Also yes it would but we also need that killer instinct, we could be romping teams 7-2 every weekend if we hit converted 50 percent of the shots we take if that much. We need to spend on a finisher and a solid young playmaker.

Mike, I'm confused, what was your point about Aqua? The main two points Liverpool fans made about him were; he is injury prone, true. He isn't worth the money we reportedly paid for him. True. He's a good player and I do enjoy watching him, and he was a decent player at Juventus when they were struggling and is now doing well as a Milan squad player.. Although, he's hardly worth saying "I told you so" over. He's just, alright.

I'm still not sure sacking Dalglish is a good idea.. What will it achieve? There isn't really any one who can replace him, although, according to every single comment on every single LFC post on facebook I should be saying "BRING BACK RAFA". Hm, I think we need to stop living in the past otherwise we will end up like the pathetic Chelsea, begging Mourinho to come back. I would give Dalglish another year, maybe give him less authority over who we sign.

Mike, I'm confused, what was your point about Aqua? The main two points Liverpool fans made about him were; he is injury prone, true. He isn't worth the money we reportedly paid for him. True. He's a good player and I do enjoy watching him, and he was a decent player at Juventus when they were struggling and is now doing well as a Milan squad player.. Although, he's hardly worth saying "I told you so" over. He's just, alright.

I'm still not sure sacking Dalglish is a good idea.. What will it achieve? There isn't really any one who can replace him, although, according to every single comment on every single LFC post on facebook I should be saying "BRING BACK RAFA". Hm, I think we need to stop living in the past otherwise we will end up like the pathetic Chelsea, begging Mourinho to come back. I would give Dalglish another year, maybe give him less authority over who we sign.

Aqua would be the most creative player in our midfield if he were playing for us, and thats what we need. He's proven last season with Milan when used he is as effective as the top 15 in the premier league. And as for Dalglish I love the man and will always support his philosphy and vision, but come on a Rafa return or a Mourinho take over doesn't sound that bad.

Really dont see the confusion. The point was that he was a better option than the likes of Adam. You overpaid, never disputed that. But you haven't recouped any money on him, and once he plays 5 more games and becomes a Milan player permanently for next to nothing. You then spend around 7m on a player who is worse than Aquilani, when it simply made more sense to keep him as good squad option, which he fills much better than Adam. Dalglish said that he was let go because he didnt fit the formation? Well he is a possession based creative central mid, something Adam claims to be but doesnt quite fulfill. Rather than alright, he is actually good.

Really dont see the confusion. The point was that he was a better option than the likes of Adam. You overpaid, never disputed that. But you haven't recouped any money on him, and once he plays 5 more games and becomes a Milan player permanently for next to nothing. You then spend around 7m on a player who is worse than Aquilani, when it simply made more sense to keep him as good squad option, which he fills much better than Adam. Dalglish said that he was let go because he didnt fit the formation? Well he is a possession based creative central mid, something Adam claims to be but doesnt quite fulfill. Rather than alright, he is actually good.

I completely agree Dalglish's investment has some patchy areas for sure.

Aqua would be the most creative player in our midfield if he were playing for us, and thats what we need. He's proven last season with Milan when used he is as effective as the top 15 in the premier league. And as for Dalglish I love the man and will always support his philosphy and vision, but come on a Rafa return or a Mourinho take over doesn't sound that bad.

Rafa or Mourinho sounds fine.. But would it ever happen? Mourinho, I highly doubt it. Rafa, I'm not too bothered whether or not it does happen, seems silly bringing him back so soon, as much as I love the man.

Of course, but nobody wanted to see Aquilani leave to Milan this season, no idea why the transfer went through, I thought it was a complete joke.. Dalglish obviously took a risk and it's backfired massively. Not sure why you've proved anything to Liverpool fans though.

Also allowing Milan to sign him for 6m is good bit of business for them, but awful from you. You need someone like Galliani to handle your transfers now on.

Rafa or Mourinho sounds fine.. But would it ever happen? Mourinho, I highly doubt it. Rafa, I'm not too bothered whether or not it does happen, seems silly bringing him back so soon, as much as I love the man.

Of course, but nobody wanted to see Aquilani leave to Milan this season, no idea why the transfer went through, I thought it was a complete joke.. Dalglish obviously took a risk and it's backfired massively. Not sure why you've proved anything to Liverpool fans though.

If Rafa goes to Chelsea then yes there is and even if he doesnt there still is. He likes projects and with that manager would come more funding. He would have everything he wanted.

Anyone see Gerrard becoming like Lampard next season and being a bench warmer? Or is there still no replacement for a midfielder like Gerrard.. When will Coates get more play time?

There's no replacement for him yet I think. He's the only player they have who looks likely to make something happen from nothing, even if his legs don't carry him as well as they used to...

In other news: Kenny Dalglish: 'Kit deals and a happy club are as good as points' | Football | The Guardian

It's a bit ridiculous saying these "kit deals" are his doing at Anfield though, as the kit deal sponsor is the same one which the Fenway Group's other sports franchses use in the USA - this seems to come more from the additional value the Fenway group brings rather than KK's wheeling and dealing.

Last edited:
Also allowing Milan to sign him for 6m is good bit of business for them, but awful from you. You need someone like Galliani to handle your transfers now on.

Definitely agree with your overall point. It's an issue we've had for some time. There've been some good things done more recently, but there's been some absolute howlers.

The Aquilani one is a bit of a wash for me. In fairness to him, he could have sat on his **** and demanded that we pay him his full wages. Instead, he wanted to get back to Italy to be with his missus and kid and was willing to make the deal with Milan happen by taking a decent sized pay cut. In essence, we've saved the better part of £8m by him heading to Milan and we get £5m (6m euros in fact, and can't be bothered doing exchange rate math ;) ) back for a player who just wanted to be back in Italy. Frustrating for us because we've spent a lot of money on a player who barely played. But it is what it is now. Hopefully the scouting will weed out players who won't settle quite that badly in future.

Good deal for Milan, for sure. But our hands are kind of tied with this particular player. Though it's something we should be learning from so we don't repeat the same mistakes.

------

rephlex - think the headline and what Kenny actually said are very different. Don't think he's taking credit for things either, just pointing out that the club is making progress from the basket case it was 18 months ago. Lots going on right now off the pitch.

Liverpool should buy Eden Hazard at all costs. Good investment for the future and when the time comes to sell him to a big club (Real Madrid), big money will appear.

[video=youtube;9or4Ai5LCik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9or4Ai5LCik[/video]

[video=youtube;Wys2_qMPczU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wys2_qMPczU&feature=related[/video]

Hazard is not coming, There are 5 better teams in the division alone he would rather join Imo, We need to prove we can compete before big players will come

I've seen in the editor the "NEW ANFIELD" Stadium. It has a capacity of 73000 and is scheduled to buid in 1.07.2012. How come it does not appear in my game ?

Back