The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
****, we're ****. We played well, but that's just embarrassing. The league is just written off now, which is a terrible feeling. We need actual quality first teamers.

Wow... Can't say I'm surprised by that. We really need to sort it out.. Although, I'm mostly ****** that it was against QPR. I hate QPR.

For the first time I can honestly say I am embarrassed by Liverpool.

LOL @ Liverpool's abysmal defending!

P.S Sorry I forgot I can't post a reaction to the game without getting an infraction....

Don't want an infraction? Don't make a trolling comment and then edit it in some pathetic attempt at being a martyr.

Last edited:
Wow... Can't say I'm surprised by that. We really need to sort it out.. Although, I'm mostly ****** that it was against QPR. I hate QPR.

For the first time I can honestly say I am embarrassed by Liverpool.

Don't want an infraction? Don't make a trolling comment and then edit it in some pathetic attempt at being a martyr.

You assume I was trolling because I was laughing at the defending?...

I'm not going to comment on the performance from either side, as I was going through my own **** and I've only seen the highlights and not the full match, but what a fight back from QPR. But also.....**** of a goal by Coates. Absolute quality finish. And also Suarez showing some fantastic skill-very unlucky to hit the post

Our signings are just bad. But it's not just them, it's stupid subs at stupid times, and players not looking like they want to be here. If they're not fully committed, they can **** off.

I'm not going to comment on the performance from either side, as I was going through my own **** and I've only seen the highlights and not the full match, but what a fight back from QPR. But also.....**** of a goal by Coates. Absolute quality finish. And also Suarez showing some fantastic skill-very unlucky to hit the post

The worst thing about the fight back is that it wasn't really one. They didn't push us back or put us under pressure, we just went to sleep after we made it 2-0 and failed to react after QPR scored the first.

It seems the "fans" calling for Dalglish's head has doubled overnight.. Maybe these kids should go support Chelsea? [BTW, I'm referring to Facebook]

I'm not saying sack Dalglish but the form in the league is awful! 5 points off Newcastle in 6th is unacceptable, considering the amount we spent since FSG. I keep hearing were just unlucky but it's happening way too often. The cups are just covering the cracks IMO. Signings have been poor and even tho he is a legend Dalglish is partly to blame, as is camolli.

I'm not a Liverpool fan but it ****** me off to see them so hit and miss this season

Kenny Dalglish was undoubtedly a Liverpool legend as a player, but I think his management is questionable. The signings he has made, Henderson, Carroll and Downing, nearly 70 million spent on them, I think he could of got much better for what he has spent on them.

I'm not saying sack Dalglish but the form in the league is awful! 5 points off Newcastle in 6th is unacceptable, considering the amount we spent since FSG. I keep hearing were just unlucky but it's happening way too often. The cups are just covering the cracks IMO. Signings have been poor and even tho he is a legend Dalglish is partly to blame, as is camolli.

Form is temporary, and you certainly cannot expect success overnight. [Sorry for the cliché's, my point still stands though] We can't just sack our manager everytime something goes against us. The loss to QPR was terrible, but was it Kenny's fault? **** no. It was due to three defensive mistakes. IMO, we probably would have won if Carragher wasn't on the pitch, just sayin'. I honestly believe that if Lucas and Gerrard were fit all year, Suarez hadn't been banned and we actually had a confident poacher we would be challenging for a lot more than the cup-double. I know, that's a lot of if's.. But still, we really aren't that far off having Champions League football again.

Our signings have very much been 50/50, which isn't that bad for a Premier League side.. Could be better, yes, but I could write you a list of terrible signings Benitez and Houllier made over the years.. An even bigger one for SAF. ;) Henderson and Carroll are still young, but I guess it's just easier to write them off just because they're struggling to fit into our system. Does nobody remember Lucas from a few years ago? That kid got slaughtered everytime he played yet we stuck with him and now he's arguably one of the best holding midfielders there is.. The perfect man to replace Mascherano.

One thing that amazes is me is the amount of people who compare our spending to Man City and claim we should be challenging for everything.. Our net spend over the past 18 months is probably less than £40m, Chelsea have spent more than that on managers.

Another thing that makes me laugh is all the fans saying "SACK DALGLISH BEFORE HE TURNS US INTO A CUP TEAM!". Turns us into? We are a "cup team".. Well, we haven't won the league for a while have we? And we've won a lot of cups.. That must make us a "cup team" by definition. My other favourite Liverpool fan quote "Dalglish was great for the club in the 80's he's just not good enough in the modern game." I guess they forgot that he is one of only three current Premier League managers to actually have a winners medal? Funny that.

Last edited:
Would Liverpool fans like to see Darren Bent at the club? I think Bent would do well for liverpool

Form is temporary, and you certainly cannot expect success overnight. [Sorry for the cliché's, my point still stands though] We can't just sack our manager everytime something goes against us. The loss to QPR was terrible, but was it Kenny's fault? **** no. It was due to three defensive mistakes. IMO, we probably would have won if Carragher wasn't on the pitch, just sayin'. I honestly believe that if Lucas and Gerrard were fit all year, Suarez hadn't been banned and we actually had a confident poacher we would be challenging for a lot more than the cup-double. I know, that's a lot of if's.. But still, we really aren't that far off having Champions League football again.

Our signings have very much been 50/50, which isn't that bad for a Premier League side.. Could be better, yes, but I could write you a list of terrible signings Benitez and Houllier made over the years.. An even bigger one for SAF. ;) Henderson and Carroll are still young, but I guess it's just easier to write them off just because they're struggling to fit into our system. Does nobody remember Lucas from a few years ago? That kid got slaughtered everytime he played yet we stuck with him and now he's arguably one of the best holding midfielders there is.. The perfect man to replace Mascherano.

One thing that amazes is me is the amount of people who compare our spending to Man City and claim we should be challenging for everything.. Our net spend over the past 18 months is probably less than £40m, Chelsea have spent more than that on managers.

Another thing that makes me laugh is all the fans saying "SACK DALGLISH BEFORE HE TURNS US INTO A CUP TEAM!". Turns us into? We are a "cup team".. Well, we haven't won the league for a while have we? And we've won a lot of cups.. That must make us a "cup team" by definition. My other favourite Liverpool fan quote "Dalglish was great for the club in the 80's he's just not good enough in the modern game." I guess they forgot that he is one of only three current Premier League managers to actually have a winners medal? Funny that.

Form is temparary ETC.. we've not shown any class recentley haha! But once again its alot of if;s, just like if we hadn't of hit the woodwork the most times, missed the pens etc, but we have

signings have been awful. i know we only have a small net spend but we still choose to spend 120million on those players, we have been ripped off big time and its not showing.. poor poor signings from dalglish and camolli. at least Benitez brought us ou strongest team in recent memory with the signings of masch, alonso, torres, garcia, reina ETC ..

Dalglish plays great football, but id rather win than look good.. look at Arsenal perfect example of great football.. win nothing.

we're getting obsessed with the barca style of play and the stats rather than facing the fact, we doing ****. hahaha

I've got mixed feelings about how we're doing. League form has been woeful, yet in the games I have seen literally no team control a game against us - no one. We have chances galore but don't bury them, and that's where the points disappear. We need a poacher, nothing fancy, I don't even care if he is a boring as **** player who never tracks back, he just really needs to know where the net is. If we blow our whole budget on two players of this ilk then we'll do very well next season.

We haven't been playing as badly as results suggest but end of the day its about putting the ball in the net and controlling 2|3 of the pitch counts for **** all if we can't do that.

Back