The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The perfect FM plan that would destroy a Real life club lol

You have to take risks to achieve great things. Whats the worst that could happen? If Liverpool FC goes bankrupt someone else can just buy it and reinvest.. Its a good gamble to do that can prove successful and if not then it can get a lot of media attention.

It's not realistic though, but its something you can easily do on FM2012.

You have to take risks to achieve great things. Whats the worst that could happen? If Liverpool FC goes bankrupt someone else can just buy it and reinvest.. Its a good gamble to do that can prove successful and if not then it can get a lot of media attention.

What a load of total rubbish. This is nonsense, gambling a vague chance of success against bankruptcy is a ludicrous. Only a complete fool would think this is a good idea.

Whats the worst that can happen? You're probably too young but Leeds used to be one of the best clubs in the country. I'm sure you'll know what happened to Portsmouth though. I'll try to answer your proposition correctly. Half of those players we sign would flop or take a season to adapt. We'd also be 120 million out of pocket and I'm guessing we wouldn't meet financial fair play so in the event of getting into the Champions league... They wouldn't let us in. But hey, I'm sure Man City had your idea, ask them how their trophy cabinet is looking compared to what you expect.

Liverpool need Huntelaar, the guy is a goal poaching demon, exactly the solution to their problem this season, Suarez is fantastic and could play alongside him. He would not go for a rediculous price I would think because his contract is up next year.

Here is the ideal plan:

1) Take a £120M loan.
2) Buy Eden Hazard, Yann M'Vila, James Rodriguez, Davide Astori, and Javi Martinez.
3) Sell Andy Caroll, Maxi Rodriguez, Jay Spearing, and Alberto Aquilani.
4) Win the Premier League, Carling Cup, FA Cup, and qualify for Champions.
5) Liverpool is now better than ever and should make the money back shortly.
6) After winning a few seasons in a row, use spare money to build a 80,000 person capacity stadium.

Even if this plan was to happen (it never will). Have you thought about the thing called team chemistry? You are predicting you would win the premiership twice in a row with practically an over hauled first team squad.

Last edited:
These ideas are simply ridiculous. Liverpool need two players in my mind, no more. A striker who can finish reliably, and a backup DM to cover for Lucas since he's one of the best players in your squad, and the mid seems weak without him. You don't need to sign Busquets and Cavani, you just need players who can play that role to a decent level.

Financially speaking selling Torres for 50m was a master stroke, as it allowed Kenny to get the "dodgy signings" out of his system early without costing the club too much (net), now he needs to use his scouts and find some talent, and build into next season.

I'm not even a Liverpool fan, I support Arsenal, but it's plain to see 'pool have a solid quality team right now and have been desperately unlucky this season. Opposing fans may mock KK, but if he is able to have 5+ years in charge then it's going to do wonders for the club - as a "club legend" literally has support of the fans whatever happens, which therefore means he has support of the players as they know they won't be able to "leak" something to the media and oust him.

The only question for me is: How do you replace Gerrard? He seems the only player who totally changes the team, who embodies the club, and would be pretty much irreplaceable.

Here is the ideal plan:

1) Take a £120M loan.
2) Buy Eden Hazard, Yann M'Vila, James Rodriguez, Davide Astori, and Javi Martinez.
3) Sell Andy Caroll, Maxi Rodriguez, Jay Spearing, and Alberto Aquilani.
4) Win the Premier League, Carling Cup, FA Cup, and qualify for Champions.
5) Liverpool is now better than ever and should make the money back shortly.
6) After winning a few seasons in a row, use spare money to build a 80,000 person capacity stadium.

Thank you do not work for Liverpool FC.

Dont you see what happens to bankrupt clubs (portsmouth, rangers ) .They struggle to survive and you want a club of liverpool stature to try be bankrupt.God you are seriously a joke.If you win a lottey worth millions somehow never ever buy a football club.

Fair points, but I think he would not go for that much, the guy is a great goal poacher, exactly what you would need alongside Suarez it would be an impressive combo, but that just my opinion. If not Huntelaar then who else could you get who is such a goal scoring demon?? :D
To be fair, Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez, on paper, are a fantastic partnership. You have pace, technique and a poacher in Suarez, whilst Carroll has the strength and heading ability to be a target man (whilst he can also chip in with a few goals).

I'm still struggling to see where it went wrong; people say we don't play it in the air, but we do! Against Stoke, we attempted a few long balls, towards Carroll and other attacking players, but they didn't work! I'm not sure if Klaas-Jan Hunterlaar will be the player to fill in the gap, also since we have Craig Bellamy who can chip in with a few goals (as well as Carroll, who has potential and he is still young)!

There is no doubt Hunterlaar is one of the best poachers in Europe, though, and is very experienced too (he played for Real Madrid for a while!). He would be able to poach a few goals for us, and hopefully form a superb partnership with Suarez (who will be brilliant in creating the chances for Hunterlaar to finish)!

However, I really don't want King Kenny to splash out on another player; especially since we have a few talented strikers. I say, give it a while (until next January) to see if Carroll can pick up his game. Fans are too quick to ask the manager to spend money, in my opinion, and if it doesn't work by next January, we can either sell (or loan out) Carroll and get another striker in!

​- PZW

To be fair, Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez, on paper, are a fantastic partnership. You have pace, technique and a poacher in Suarez, whilst Carroll has the strength and heading ability to be a target man (whilst he can also chip in with a few goals).

Should a poacher not have a better goal to shot ratio than 11%?

Suarez is anything but a poacher... Great player, but he is not a finishing striker

I used to get really annoyed when LFC lost,now i expect it

Its simple, Dalglish making us a cup team.

what happened, I just saw

557030_10150645777494821_13114644820_9555731_2014378064_n.jpg

?

Should a poacher not have a better goal to shot ratio than 11%?
Sorry, I didn't mean 'poacher', more a playmaker. To be honest though, if he could finish well, then he could make quite a good poacher - as I said, he has good pace and technique and often seems to be in the right place at the right time. Oh, and I forgot, we have Dirk Kuyt too, who can score a few goals! I really don't think we need to splash out in the summer, but rather give Carroll some time to impress!

​- PZW

Sorry, I didn't mean 'poacher', more a playmaker. To be honest though, if he could finish well, then he could make quite a good poacher - as I said, he has good pace and technique and often seems to be in the right place at the right time. Oh, and I forgot, we have Dirk Kuyt too, who can score a few goals! I really don't think we need to splash out in the summer, but rather give Carroll some time to impress!

​- PZW

If Heskey could finish well he'd be one of the best strikers in Europe. There's no point wishing for things that won't happen. Suarez is a top-class footballer but a mediocre finisher.

Liverpool certainly do need to splash out on a goal poacher. It's the one thing they lack. At times, 'Pool play reminds me of the O'Neill era at Villa before Bent. Plenty of build up, but nobody with the natural instinct to go in and grab a goal out of nothing. See the Carling Cup final, for example. 'Pool had about a million shots, but hardly any end product.

If Heskey could finish well he'd be one of the best strikers in Europe. There's no point wishing for things that won't happen. Suarez is a top-class footballer but a mediocre finisher.

Didn't think you would need to lower yourself to a Heskey 'joke' to try and prove a point. Comparing Suarez to Heskey is a bit like comparings AIDs and cancer. Both illnesses, but at the same time completely different. I am also a little perturbed at how insighted you seem to be about Suarez's future. Let's look at a striker who is somewhat similar to Suarez, rather than on old, slow target man, maybe Torres for example. His conversion rate this season must be pretty low. I imagine he has spent less time on the pitch than Suarez, and has probably had less chances to miss. Now, only 2 or 3 seasons ago, Torres was one of the best forwards in the world, currently he looks about as comfortable in front of goal as a **** at a bar mitzva. I am sure Suarez won't be as good as Torres was when he was at his prime, but I don't think you can categorically say 'no point wishing for something that won't happen', he probably won't turn into Pele, but if he upped his conversion rate by a mere 10-15% next season, which may happen, he would be a very handy striker. You can't be sure how he has really settled here, or how much the Evra issue has affected him, so he may well be a much more clinical player one those things have had a bit more time to get out of his head. Personally I think he has the potential to become a 20+ goals a season striker, whether he does is a different matter, but Liverpool need one, so if he doesn't become one, they need to buy one. Carroll, Kuyt and Bellamy wont get you 20 goals each a season, and if you want to be challenging for the top four, you need a RVP, Adebayore, Rooney, Agureo or... Demba Ba! (ps hands off!)

So, yeah.

Whats the story behind Emile Heskey? I never understood all those inside jokes and comments about him.

If Suarez could finish he would be a good poacher? well... dur? Isn't it a poacher's job to finish?

That's like saying 'He'd be a good actor if he could act'

As someone said, I'd like to see us go in for Huntelaar, I've been calling for it for 3 seasons now, really want to see him in England. He's a more realistic option than someone like Fernando Llorente.

Back