The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Form is temparary ETC.. we've not shown any class recentley haha! But once again its alot of if;s, just like if we hadn't of hit the woodwork the most times, missed the pens etc, but we have

signings have been awful. i know we only have a small net spend but we still choose to spend 120million on those players, we have been ripped off big time and its not showing.. poor poor signings from dalglish and camolli. at least Benitez brought us ou strongest team in recent memory with the signings of masch, alonso, torres, garcia, reina ETC ..

Dalglish plays great football, but id rather win than look good.. look at Arsenal perfect example of great football.. win nothing.

we're getting obsessed with the barca style of play and the stats rather than facing the fact, we doing ****. hahaha

You cannot compare a squad of players that took Rafa 5 years to buy with a side Dalglish has been in control of for less than 18 months.

Also, we don't just play nice football. Defensively [9 times out of 10] we are sound, very few teams have beaten us comfortably and that is a massive positive to take into next season. Dalglish is a much better tactician than people make him out to be.

It's easy enough to say 'Form is temporary, class is permanent', but really, how do you know the players you have brought in are 'class'? Downing has been hot and cold for the whole of his career. Carroll has had one half season of good form in the premier league. Henderson also, hasn't had enough time in the premier league to denote his performances to 'class' over 'form'. Granted you have players at your club that are definitely class (Gerrard, Lucas, Reina, Agger etc), but I think if anyone expects your current squad to be challenging for the title are rather over expectant, with the changes that have been made, and the issues with Suarez and Lucas being injured, I think this season should really be classed as a write off in the league. You won't finish top 4, but you can still win the FA cup, and you can still finish 5th (Probably 6th), which at the end of the day isn't a 'bad' season for a team that has made such changes in the summer.

Sure, Kenny could be doing better, and he could be less of a *** sometimes, but I don't see why people would want him sacked. Surely he needs more time, giving the team time to gel and give him a chance to actually attack the league with his team at it's strongest (Fit Lucas/Gerrard, bring in someone that can finish). Imagine if Arsenal hadn't had RVP, they could well have been bottom half of the table, if Liverpool had Lucas the whole season, they could be challenging the top four. He is a big player which Liverpool have found hard to replace.

Reina
Johnson - Agger - Skrtel - Enrique
Gerrard - Lucas - ?? ( Hendo, adam, New signing )
Suarez - New Signing - Downing

Id be happy with that team,
we need a new ST, maybe a winger and a CM. Creative CM

Downing although come under alot of criticism, has created more chances than Valencia this season, although he has 12 assists, Downing has 1. he hasn't been playing that badly!

It's easy enough to say 'Form is temporary, class is permanent', but really, how do you know the players you have brought in are 'class'? Downing has been hot and cold for the whole of his career. Carroll has had one half season of good form in the premier league. Henderson also, hasn't had enough time in the premier league to denote his performances to 'class' over 'form'. Granted you have players at your club that are definitely class (Gerrard, Lucas, Reina, Agger etc), but I think if anyone expects your current squad to be challenging for the title are rather over expectant, with the changes that have been made, and the issues with Suarez and Lucas being injured, I think this season should really be classed as a write off in the league. You won't finish top 4, but you can still win the FA cup, and you can still finish 5th (Probably 6th), which at the end of the day isn't a 'bad' season for a team that has made such changes in the summer.

If you are referring to my post then I wasn't talking about individual players with my "Form is temporary" comment, I was talking about the club. Our form has been poor but it definitely isn't a reason to consider sacking anyone.

Carroll and Henderson are still young, to write them off now is stupid.. They've both shown glimpses of what they're capable of but to judge them as flops so early in their career is terrible, which is what most people are doing. Downing has actually been a decent player this year (when he wasn't playing on the right) and Adam, well, he didn't really cost anything so it's not exactly a transfer we can lose out on.

Agree on the rest of your post, just wish more fans would start seeing the bigger picture and stop assuming it's our God-given right to be in the top 4.

Imo Joe Cole and Aqua will both go this summer which should give us at least 10 million in funds + whatever budget we get, so there should be cash to spend for prime targets. I'm not going to completely defend Kenny as I don't think his signings have been the best... But I can't really question how he has us playing, conceding few goals and creating lots of chances and maintaining possession, can't ask more from your team really. Happens to me on fm all the time where I just think some **** should just be able to put it into the back of the net after 6 clear cut chances. Is it the managers fault if no player can and you give them all the opportunities?

Next season I'm expecting lots more assists from Downing, a better goal contribution from Suarez, Gerrard to be available for a lot more matches and hopefully a very good poacher. We'll be ok.

One thing I don't understand about the Sack Kenny Brigade is this: What's the point? What benefit is there to be gained from sacking a manager at this stage of the season?

If you are referring to my post then I wasn't talking about individual players with my "Form is temporary" comment, I was talking about the club. Our form has been poor but it definitely isn't a reason to consider sacking anyone.

I have only just read your post lol, so no it wasn't, but I can see why it could be interpreted that way. :)

Carroll and Henderson are still young, to write them off now is stupid.. They've both shown glimpses of what they're capable of but to judge them as flops so early in their career is terrible, which is what most people are doing. Downing has actually been a decent player this year (when he wasn't playing on the right) and Adam, well, he didn't really cost anything so it's not exactly a transfer we can lose out on.

Agree on the rest of your post, just wish more fans would start seeing the bigger picture and stop assuming it's our God-given right to be in the top 4.

Agreed on Carroll and Henderson, they both need time to grow into the player they, and the club, want them to be. The over expectation on them won't help their development in my opinion. To see some fans blaming a whole result on one player, like I have seen many times with Carroll, is laughable. I like Downing, he could have scored a few times against QPR bar Kenny being on form in goal, he does need to be on the left though, and again, I feel he is quite hot and cold, but no doubt when he is on form, he can be brilliant, but sometimes does disappear during games. Didn't Adam cost around £8-10m? Think he should be used as a squad player, not really good enough to be starting for a team looking for the top four.

It will be interesting to see what money Kenny has during the summer. I think you could do with a striker, apart from that I think your teams pretty settled. Surprised we haven't seen more of Maxi this season.

One thing I don't understand about the Sack Kenny Brigade is this: What's the point? What benefit is there to be gained from sacking a manager at this stage of the season?

Change of ideas? Change of philosophy? Increase Moral?

All bollocks.

Agreed on Carroll and Henderson, they both need time to grow into the player they, and the club, want them to be. The over expectation on them won't help their development in my opinion. To see some fans blaming a whole result on one player, like I have seen many times with Carroll, is laughable. I like Downing, he could have scored a few times against QPR bar Kenny being on form in goal, he does need to be on the left though, and again, I feel he is quite hot and cold, but no doubt when he is on form, he can be brilliant, but sometimes does disappear during games. Didn't Adam cost around £8-10m? Think he should be used as a squad player, not really good enough to be starting for a team looking for the top four.

It will be interesting to see what money Kenny has during the summer. I think you could do with a striker, apart from that I think your teams pretty settled. Surprised we haven't seen more of Maxi this season.

I think Adam cost £5m, which is about the same fee as we have/ will receive for Aquilani. I think Adam's first-team opportunities would have been a lot more limited had Gerrard and Lucas not been injured, definitely don't see him starting as many games next year.

One thing I will moan at Kenny for is the lack of chances Maxi has had this season, he is a top quality player and he really should be getting a lot more games.. I think that's one thing most of us Liverpool fans agree on.

We certainly do need to bring in a striker, we haven't replaced Torres and we're really hurting for it.. I just hope Dalglish and Comolli think outside the box for this one because who they sign could really make or break our season.

We have missed Lucas Massively, and also since Agger got injured our form has dipped even more

I love Carra but he is past it, too slow and wont win many aerial duals!

Other than that its a striker we need! Worst conversion rate in the prem! SAYS IT ALL

In another dimension with the same signings and one less offload, they're currently singing the praises of David N'Gog in red right now. Lol.

I think Adam cost £5m, which is about the same fee as we have/ will receive for Aquilani. I think Adam's first-team opportunities would have been a lot more limited had Gerrard and Lucas not been injured, definitely don't see him starting as many games next year.

One thing I will moan at Kenny for is the lack of chances Maxi has had this season, he is a top quality player and he really should be getting a lot more games.. I think that's one thing most of us Liverpool fans agree on.

We certainly do need to bring in a striker, we haven't replaced Torres and we're really hurting for it.. I just hope Dalglish and Comolli think outside the box for this one because who they sign could really make or break our season.

What about Klass-Jan Huntelaar? The guy is a goal demon and I recon you could get him without spending much?

What about Klass-Jan Huntelaar? The guy is a goal demon and I recon you could get him without spending much?
Yeah, he's a fantastic player but I he won't come for cheap and I think he doesn't fall into King Kenny's 'category'. I think Kenny likes players who are very versatile and/or work hard, as well as having good technical ability. I also think that Klaas-Jan Hunterlaar would be a little too old, especially as he would probably go for something around £35 million.

Schalke are looking to renew his contract and break the bank (making him the highest paid player for them of all time) in order to keep him, and if they do sell, I think Real Madrid or Chelsea will be able to outbid us to sign him. It would be great to have him, but it's extremely unlikely in my opinion!

​- PZW

Yeah, he's a fantastic player but I he won't come for cheap and I think he doesn't fall into King Kenny's 'category'. I think Kenny likes players who are very versatile and/or work hard, as well as having good technical ability. I also think that Klaas-Jan Hunterlaar would be a little too old, especially as he would probably go for something around £35 million.

Schalke are looking to renew his contract and break the bank (making him the highest paid player for them of all time) in order to keep him, and if they do sell, I think Real Madrid or Chelsea will be able to outbid us to sign him. It would be great to have him, but it's extremely unlikely in my opinion!

​- PZW

Fair points, but I think he would not go for that much, the guy is a great goal poacher, exactly what you would need alongside Suarez it would be an impressive combo, but that just my opinion. If not Huntelaar then who else could you get who is such a goal scoring demon?? :D

One of the main reasons he is considering not to go to Manchester City is because he wants to be able to play every week, something that may not be possible for him at that club.

Your looking way too closely at what Hazard says. To me, its just like he is throwing scraps out to the media every chance he gets. He has praised literally the clubs in England including the ones he will probably has zero chance of going to. Its obvious that he is just trying to build up more and more speculation in the media onto his potential destination

Here is the ideal plan:

1) Take a £120M loan.
2) Buy Eden Hazard, Yann M'Vila, James Rodriguez, Davide Astori, and Javi Martinez.
3) Sell Andy Caroll, Maxi Rodriguez, Jay Spearing, and Alberto Aquilani.
4) Win the Premier League, Carling Cup, FA Cup, and qualify for Champions.
5) Liverpool is now better than ever and should make the money back shortly.
6) After winning a few seasons in a row, use spare money to build a 80,000 person capacity stadium.

Here is the ideal plan:

1) Take a £120M loan.
2) Buy Eden Hazard, Yann M'Vila, James Rodriguez, Davide Astori, and Javi Martinez.
6) After winning a few seasons in a row, use spare money to build a 80,000 person capacity stadium.

That's... that's brilliant! You're a genius! :O

How and WHY has nobody ever tried this before?!

Here is the ideal plan:

1) Take a £120M loan.

The perfect FM plan that would destroy a Real life club lol

Here is the ideal plan:

1) Take a £120M loan.

I am convinced you are joking. Or confused that this is an FM12 thread. Because otherwise, this isn't gong to happen, ever.

I am convinced you are joking. Or confused that this is an FM12 thread. Because otherwise, this isn't gong to happen, ever.

Judging by his other posts in this thread I think he's serious.

Back