The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
As a right midfielder. The difference between a right midfielder and a right winger in today's terms is marked. For instance, Juan Mata is a capable left winger, but moving him to left mid would blunt him a lot.

Not to mention he said he hated playing there. Not much point making one of our only good players unhappy.

That will be proved next season, i doubt they'll be able to re-create this season again any time soon

but i may be wrong.

People said they'd die away in the first half of the season too, but they've proven themselves for almost the whole season now. They have an excellent strike force, one of the best midfield duos in the league in Cabaye and Tiote, the flair of Ben Arfa returning and a strong defence and goalkeeper would suggest that they're more than just a flash in the pan. There's no good reason for them to capitulate next season after proving themselves this season. Why do you think they'll be unable to re-create it?

People said they'd die away in the first half of the season too, but they've proven themselves for almost the whole season now. They have an excellent strike force, one of the best midfield duos in the league in Cabaye and Tiote, the flair of Ben Arfa returning and a strong defence and goalkeeper would suggest that they're more than just a flash in the pan. There's no good reason for them to capitulate next season after proving themselves this season. Why do you think they'll be unable to re-create it?

And not to mention with European Football next season, god knows what bargain price quality they'll bring in to beef up the squad. Pardew's done a magnificent job this season and fully deserves all the praise he's getting right now. I did say they'd make Europe before the season kicked off.

I really cant be bothered to argue, all i can say is i disagree completely.

It's not arguing, it's a debate.

One you aren't prepared to get into because you know your expectations of Liverpool are unrealistic.

It's not arguing, it's a debate.

One you aren't prepared to get into because you know your expectations of Liverpool are unrealistic.

Indeed, underestimates the scale of what needs to go right this summer. Which is pretty much everything, from boardroom to player transfers, to team approach.

coz they a small club innit

No it's simply because you have your view I have mine, nobody is going to change them views so it's pointless carrying on

Well, I've presented my views, I'd like to see yours.

After all, nobody is going to change theirs, so what harm can it do?

Okay,

I believe people are getting carried away and joining the bandwagon of 'liverpool are in crisis' i genuinally believe we are not. We are not a top top team anymore, the title is not something we focus on anymore but top 4 is. We are still considered a top 6 club, the only way for newcastle to change that is if they consistantly do what they have done this season in the next 2-3 years, obviously only time will tell

We lack squad depth, the main reason we arn't doing very well, Lucas is massive to us and him being injured changed everything, We rely on Gerrard alot.. who has been injured and unfit alot too. Thats our two best midfield players, now were relying on new players and backups.

Ignoring the past month, The first 20-25 games of the season we looked pretty good, we moved the ball well, kept possesion well, created a ton on chances! but we lack that striker who can finish, as much as i like suarez.. he is not a natural finisher. Carroll is great in the right team, sadly liverpool is not it, hopefully it changes next season... Yes we did not win enough of these games we controlled but it still shows very good signs,

Downing although has only 1 assist all season in the league has the 4th most chances created in the league, nothing has been put away!

With one or two additions in key areas like CM and ST, we can challenge again for that top 4, its not that long ago when we won the carling cup, was there or there abouts for top 4( although outsiders ) .. and a bad run of form, infact awful run and everbody brands it a crisis

I also dont believe throwing a load of youth players in will help, yes its good to give them chances, but when the team are struggling its very hard for youngsters to make an impact, and confidence is everything to youngsters

I think people are to quick to panic, and im not being unrealistic, i know we are not what we used to be, but a top 4 finish is still the target for next season

But like i said, its my views i dont expect you to agree but you asked so i gave them

Okay,

I believe people are getting carried away and joining the bandwagon of 'liverpool are in crisis' i genuinally believe we are not. We are not a top top team anymore, the title is not something we focus on anymore but top 4 is. We are still considered a top 6 club, the only way for newcastle to change that is if they consistantly do what they have done this season in the next 2-3 years, obviously only time will tell

We lack squad depth, the main reason we arn't doing very well, Lucas is massive to us and him being injured changed everything, We rely on Gerrard alot.. who has been injured and unfit alot too. Thats our two best midfield players, now were relying on new players and backups.

Ignoring the past month, The first 20-25 games of the season we looked pretty good, we moved the ball well, kept possesion well, created a ton on chances! but we lack that striker who can finish, as much as i like suarez.. he is not a natural finisher. Carroll is great in the right team, sadly liverpool is not it, hopefully it changes next season... Yes we did not win enough of these games we controlled but it still shows very good signs,

Downing although has only 1 assist all season in the league has the 4th most chances created in the league, nothing has been put away!

With one or two additions in key areas like CM and ST, we can challenge again for that top 4, its not that long ago when we won the carling cup, was there or there abouts for top 4( although outsiders ) .. and a bad run of form, infact awful run and everbody brands it a crisis

I also dont believe throwing a load of youth players in will help, yes its good to give them chances, but when the team are struggling its very hard for youngsters to make an impact, and confidence is everything to youngsters

I think people are to quick to panic, and im not being unrealistic, i know we are not what we used to be, but a top 4 finish is still the target for next season

But like i said, its my views i dont expect you to agree but you asked so i gave them

Its not the past month though, its since January. 12 league games, thats a nearly a 3rd of the season. and 8 poinits from 36.
And its not one or two additions. You ignore the fact that every single one of your rivals can strengthen in the summer. You need a lot more than one or two players. You're not considered a top 6 club if you end up outside top 6, to ignore Newcastle is arrogant and does them no justice at all. United, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Spurs (every single one of which is much better placed to reinforce their squad) are all stronger than you through and through, and Newcastle are at least on a par, i'd argue they have a better squad through and through. Your Manger and Chief scout/sporting director dont get on. The owners favour the latter. You may have actually spend 2 years of transfer budget as opposed to 1. You haven't been at the races in 2012.

Its not the past month though, its since January. 12 league games, thats a nearly a 3rd of the season. and 8 poinits from 36.
And its not one or two additions. You ignore the fact that every single one of your rivals can strengthen in the summer. You need a lot more than one or two players. You're not considered a top 6 club if you end up outside top 6, to ignore Newcastle is arrogant and does them no justice at all. United, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Spurs (every single one of which is much better placed to reinforce their squad) are all stronger than you through and through, and Newcastle are at least on a par, i'd argue they have a better squad through and through. Your Manger and Chief scout/sporting director dont get on. The owners favour the latter. You may have actually spend 2 years of transfer budget as opposed to 1. You haven't been at the races in 2012.

explain this please.

I know others can strengthen aswell, but i think our squad is alot stronger than what we are currently showing although thats purely opinion and nothing to back it up,

And i am not ignoring newcastle i just dont think they will be able to do what they have done this season, again i cannot say why, i just dont think they will... newcastle are playing to there maximum and liverpool are no way near theirs at the current time

I know others can strengthen aswell, but i think our squad is alot stronger than what we are currently showing although thats purely opinion and nothing to back it up,

And i am not ignoring newcastle i just dont think they will be able to do what they have done this season, again i cannot say why, i just dont think they will... newcastle are playing to there maximum and liverpool are no way near theirs at the current time

None of the top 5 have been consistenty good either, Again how do you know they cant get better, and that they are at their maxmum? How do you know they cant bring in more quality? Right now, they are a better side. And you cant dismiss they because they are Newcastle and you are Liverpool. No sound reasoning to assume they will do worse and you do better.

Lots of friction between Comolli and Dalglish over transfers. Owners seem to like how Commoli picks targets. Why they would is beyond me.

I read somewhere is because he deals with transfers based on stats, something similar to what they did with the red sox.

For example Henderson, Carroll, Adam all had good stats last season for assists, passing, created chances ETC.. Carroll for goalscoring... and mos of the signings are young

I dont agree with this and it seems to have lead us into our problems at the minute

None of the top 5 have been consistenty good either, Again how do you know they cant get better, and that they are at their maxmum? How do you know they cant bring in more quality? Right now, they are a better side. And you cant dismiss they because they are Newcastle and you are Liverpool. No sound reasoning to assume they will do worse and you do better.

I agree its just my opinion and 'feeling' at the minute, no proof what im saying is right i just believe they are over-achieving

Back