The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
But you can also starting thinking a lot more realistically too.

If you look at my posts over the last few pages youd see how realistic I am.
Liverpool are in transition and cant be considered a "big" club on current form. The only reason we are a big club is because of history.

My point is how can you say what a player will do? Some players have shocked the world with their moves to new clubs. Such as:
Kevin Keegan to S'oton from Hamburg
Beckham from Real to LA( could have went back to England)
Robinho to City when there were genuine big clubs sniffing about.
Anelka to both City and China was a shock
Maradonna to Napoli.
Liverpools signings of Litmanen, Babbel(bayern star at the time), Cisse and Torres at the time were all suprise signings considering the club wernt doing praticularly well and either left clubs in better positions or had other top clubs after them.

Anyway thats making an example of how sometimes bafling moves do happen. Nothing can be ruled out in football. Just because were not in the CL doesnt mean we cant get good players. I know Huntelaar is unlikely but you cant rule it out.

I think we could offer a more attractive contract than the respective club. And it is a rare, rare occasion money doesn't talk. Not to mention I'm sure he would want to play in England sooner rather than later.

If you look at my posts over the last few pages youd see how realistic I am.
Liverpool are in transition and cant be considered a "big" club on current form. The only reason we are a big club is because of history.

My point is how can you say what a player will do? Some players have shocked the world with their moves to new clubs. Such as:
Kevin Keegan to S'oton from Hamburg
Beckham from Real to LA( could have went back to England)
Robinho to City when there were genuine big clubs sniffing about.
Anelka to both City and China was a shock
Maradonna to Napoli.
Liverpools signings of Litmanen, Babbel(bayern star at the time), Cisse and Torres at the time were all suprise signings considering the club wernt doing praticularly well and either left clubs in better positions or had other top clubs after them.

Anyway thats making an example of how sometimes bafling moves do happen. Nothing can be ruled out in football. Just because were not in the CL doesnt mean we cant get good players. I know Huntelaar is unlikely but you cant rule it out.

That's 10 transfers in the hundreds that have gone on since. And the Anelka one isn't a shock, neither was Torres, or Beckham.

You can still be realistic and say, all things on considered, this is an unlikely outcome, that you will pluck Huntelaar from Schalke.

I think we could offer a more attractive contract than the respective club. And it is a rare, rare occasion money doesn't talk. Not to mention I'm sure he would want to play in England sooner rather than later.

Huntelaar has done the rounds, being well paid hasn't really been his problems, finding somewhere to consistently showcase his talent has been. Back to his lethal best now, at a club looking very likely to be back in CL football again. Why would he need to/want to play in England, and if he did this summer, why Liverpool, when he could move to say Spurs for example?. Money not talking isn't that rare, its a cliche thrown about since Chelsea and then City went mental with their money. Cant be used to judge every single transfer.

Should add that Schalke are in the process of extending his contract.

Huntelaar has done the rounds, being well paid hasn't really been his problems, finding somewhere to consistently showcase his talent has been. Back to his lethal best now, at a club looking very likely to be back in CL football again. Why would he need to/want to play in England, and if he did this summer, why Liverpool, when he could move to say Spurs for example?. Money not talking isn't that rare, its a cliche thrown about since Chelsea and then City went mental with their money. Cant be used to judge every single transfer.

Should add that Schalke are in the process of extending his contract.

Showcasing his talent in England I'm sure is something he would want to do. It's one of the things players 'have' to do nowadays to 'prove' themselves. He didn't do great in BBVA at Real, think he would jump at the opportunity to play over in the PL.

I didn't say he would join us, although it is not unrealistic. I wouldn't really call it a cliche either, people want a big paycheck - not just footballers - and I'm confident if he was offered, lets say 25-40k extra per week in a top league, I don't think he would think about that for too long.

I personally don't think it would happen, he is settled at a club possibly in CL next season... No reason why he would go.. And we ain't no man city

Additionally, the problem with offering a player 40k more, who is already a high earner after his various moves on his salaries, is how everyone else sees him come in for big money and start wondering why they arn't on that sort of money.

Great way to stop a potential 2-3 good players turning into 1 "gamble" and a headache.

Don't think there is a single player at this club right now that has the right to feel they deserve a pay rise.

Showcasing his talent in England I'm sure is something he would want to do. It's one of the things players 'have' to do nowadays to 'prove' themselves. He didn't do great in BBVA at Real, think he would jump at the opportunity to play over in the PL.

I didn't say he would join us, although it is not unrealistic. I wouldn't really call it a cliche either, people want a big paycheck - not just footballers - and I'm confident if he was offered, lets say 25-40k extra per week in a top league, I don't think he would think about that for too long.

Haha, liking the first bit.

The Bundesliga is a top league to be fair. And its not as if Schalke are paying him badly (set to make him the highest paid player as well if negotiations go well).

But still for me, the big question is further up the chain. Let's see how that plays out.

Last edited:
Starting XI : Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Shelvey, Henderson, Kuyt, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez

Subs :
Jones, Bellamy, Carroll, Maxi, Spearing, Agger, Coates.

The battle of two Poorest teams since Jan 1st, ( Bar Wolves )

Looking at that team im disapointed carroll is not starting, he needs confidence and he isant getting that sitting on the bench

Way too much rotation therefore the team cannot get settled! its like Kenny has no idea what his strongest team is

You should win this, or at least draw. McLeish, in his wisdom, is starting four full-backs.

You should win this, or at least draw. McLeish, in his wisdom, is starting four full-backs.

The Villa squad is so Small, having to play so many youngsters its no surprise you're not doing well..

The fans have never given Mcleish a chance anyway cus of his birmingham connections

Starting XI : Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Shelvey, Henderson, Kuyt, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez

Subs :
Jones, Bellamy, Carroll, Maxi, Spearing, Agger, Coates.

The battle of two Poorest teams since Jan 1st, ( Bar Wolves )

Looking at that team im disapointed carroll is not starting, he needs confidence and he isant getting that sitting on the bench

Way too much rotation therefore the team cannot get settled! its like Kenny has no idea what his strongest team is

Probably the best team we've started in a while, bar Jamie Carragher. **** Andy Carroll, lazy piece of ****.

Also, some 'ITK' has posted on another site claiming that Soldado and Muniain are our top two targets this summer. While I'd love them to come, it just won't happen.

Oh dear, here we go again

Commentator said Kuyt shot went over the line before that but i cant say, stream not clear enough!

The Villa squad is so Small, having to play so many youngsters its no surprise you're not doing well..

The fans have never given Mcleish a chance anyway cus of his birmingham connections

The second bit is wrong, and is something that keeps being repeated. He isnt getting flak purely for his birmingham. His football is so utterly woeful, and it has been all season, so negative, and not even playing to Villa's counter-attacking strengths. Drawn them into the relegation battle they should never have been near.

Back