The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Kuyt. A centre from Gerrard to the far post, all he had to do was make solid contact and it's in. It must have been harder to miss the goal than to hit it.

Liverpool look like they have a goal in them though, so I wouldn't despair if you're a fan, depends if they concede another silly one.

The Villa squad is so Small, having to play so many youngsters its no surprise you're not doing well..

The fans have never given Mcleish a chance anyway cus of his birmingham connections

Don't be ridiculous. Our team is easily big enough and has enough quality in it to be knocking around safe in mid-table, not battling against relegation.

Maybe so, but the fans have actually turned out to be dead right. He's *****. I gave him more chance than most, and he's still *****.

------------------------------------

Good finish by Herd for the goal, but utterly woeful defending, and bad goalkeeping from Doni.

Everton should start planning for the final

Wouldn't say that to be honest. Without being disrespectful to Liverpool, they're more like a cup team. Okay there was a dodgy spell in the Cup final, but they play much better in the cup at times compared to the league. I fully expect a very tense match

Liverpool should go for Dempsey in the summer, great player. Surprised none of the top teams have gone for him before. Though if a Champions league team go for him, he would probably go there

Liverpool should go for Dempsey in the summer, great player. Surprised none of the top teams have gone for him before. Though if a Champions league team go for him, he would probably go there

They signed Dempsey on FM 2012 in my save :P

Good, glad with that result. We were being pummeled towards the end. A deserved point, I reckon.

Did anyone else notice, how lively the team was after Agger came on? What a player. Really glad he's back.

Oh dear, it continues. A point is better than none, but this is the kind of game we should be winning. What happened to Anfield being a fortress? I'm pretty sure Kenny said he'd turn Anfield back into the fortress it once was, I'm afraid Mr. Dalglish, you've done quite the opposite.

Only plus is Agger is back and Suarez scored again.

Oh dear, it continues. A point is better than none, but this is the kind of game we should be winning. What happened to Anfield being a fortress? I'm pretty sure Kenny said he'd turn Anfield back into the fortress it once was, I'm afraid Mr. Dalglish, you've done quite the opposite.

Only plus is Agger is back and Suarez scored again.

Big fan of giving managers time, but you have to wonder re: Dalglish. This summer has to be near perfect

The way I see it, give Dalglish more time. I mean face it-this is the most competitive the Premiership has been for a **** of a long time, with not one team in the division being consistent. You have Man City spending millions upon millions, Liverpool spending millions on a couple of players-then you have Man Utd spending next to nothing, Everton spending next to nothing and both climbing the table after slow starts, and one being top of the table. And not to mention, you have teams at the bottom claiming big scalps-so when you think about it, why sack Dalglish when other teams are losing to "lesser" teams aswell? For crying out loud it's football-shocks happen. Deal with it.

You don't give give a manager a chance, or take a chance with stability-you reap what you sow basically. Just stop complaining about something that other big clubs have had to deal with.

And this talk about being mid-table-sorry I don't buy that. Liverpool have the sort of history that would attract many a quality of player, because they are still a big club, and that type of player will get Liverpool back to where they should be. Okay things haven't gone according to plan, but they still have the prestige to attract quality. It's not just down to Dalglish. There's players on the pitch who are quite clearly, are the type who flattered to deceive to earn more cash and make a bigger name for themselves. Give Kenny time.

Last edited:
And this talk about being mid-table-sorry I don't buy that. Liverpool have the sort of history that would attract many a quality of player, because they are still a big club, and that type of player will get Liverpool back to where they should be. Okay things haven't gone according to plan, but they still have the prestige to attract quality. It's not just down to Dalglish. There's players on the pitch who are quite clearly, are the type who flattered to deceive to earn more cash and make a bigger name for themselves. Give Kenny time.

Do not agree with this at all. Clubs should not look at their history to attract players and I do not think it plays a big part in the players decisions anyways, Just because Liverpool have history does not mean big players will be willing to go there especially if they have a choice of going somewhere like Manchester United.

Back