The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Do not agree with this at all. Clubs should not look at their history to attract players and I do not think it plays a big part in the players decisions anyways, Just because Liverpool have history does not mean big players will be willing to go there especially if they have a choice of going somewhere like Manchester United.

Question, if you were a player and you could join either Swansea, or Liverpool. Who would it be?

Do not agree with this at all. Clubs should not look at their history to attract players and I do not think it plays a big part in the players decisions anyways, Just because Liverpool have history does not mean big players will be willing to go there especially if they have a choice of going somewhere like Manchester United.

Manchester United is awful example, they have history as good as Liverpool if not better.

Question, if you were a player and you could join either Swansea, or Liverpool. Who would it be?

Better question, whom would you join, Liverpool or Manchester City? Its obvious choice at least for now.

I know what people are saying about giving managers time, But 8th in the league behind Newcastle and Everton,.. That is very poor, wouldn't surprise me if he went in the summer

On the game yesterday I think henderson done a lot better, 17 out of 19 accurate long crosses and 89% pass completion, kept the game ticking and was a lot more comfortable in Cm

I still think Liverpool can attract good players, we're in a good position financially and although I don't like relying on it people do look at our name and our history

Manchester United is awful example, they have history as good as Liverpool if not better.

Better question, whom would you join, Liverpool or Manchester City? Its obvious choice at least for now.

Depends on what you define as 'history' really.

And yeah, it is.

I think every manager should b given at least 1 season to build up a team kenny is a very good manager and I think he can b the man to get Liverpool adventurly challenging for the top 3 again, and most importantly he still knows how to beat man u everyone needs to get behind are manager and start believing again kenny is and has been Liverpool for about 25 years no one out there is a better man for the job he just needs time to make the team his again

I think every manager should b given at least 1 season to build up a team kenny is a very good manager and I think he can b the man to get Liverpool adventurly challenging for the top 3 again, and most importantly he still knows how to beat man u everyone needs to get behind are manager and start believing again kenny is and has been Liverpool for about 25 years no one out there is a better man for the job he just needs time to make the team his again

Im all for time but there comes a point where you are going severely downhill, change is needed

Everton are 4 points ahead
Norwich have the same points as us, and were only 4 points better off than 14th place.. Ironic that we were aiming for 4th and looking closely at 14th

To say it has been bad is an understatement.

I think that Liverpool's slump is due to the owners trying to play "moneyball" by hiring Comolli.

Okay lets be honest for a minute, we're definitely under-performing in the league, but if im honest i thought our performance against villa was quite impressive, we were so unlucky.

I think we ended up with 70% possession...

As well as over 20 goal attempts, hitting the post and the crossbar, also kuyt missing a sitter, and of course Shay Given having arguably having his best game of the season.. very unlucky, and i know that doesn't answer all the previous games we've lost but you are forgetting the state Liverpool was in a year and a half or so again, any manager would find it hard to turn such a prestigious club around in what a season? Especially when considering he's been out of management for over 10 years, and domestically, we've been a force.
I think we should all back Dalglish, at least until the end of the season..
And Carroll, at the time (when we signed him), he was getting England call ups, 21 years of age, performing really well for Newcastle, also scoring for England, of course we would want him, what club wouldn't? Ok, he's utter ***** now but we all know what he's capable of, he seems to be taking the **** out of the club for me.

Okay lets be honest for a minute, we're definitely under-performing in the league, but if im honest i thought our performance against villa was quite impressive, we were so unlucky.

I think we ended up with 70% possession...

As well as over 20 goal attempts, hitting the post and the crossbar, also kuyt missing a sitter, and of course Shay Given having arguably having his best game of the season.. very unlucky, and i know that doesn't answer all the previous games we've lost but you are forgetting the state Liverpool was in a year and a half or so again, any manager would find it hard to turn such a prestigious club around in what a season? Especially when considering he's been out of management for over 10 years, and domestically, we've been a force.
I think we should all back Dalglish, at least until the end of the season..
And Carroll, at the time (when we signed him), he was getting England call ups, 21 years of age, performing really well for Newcastle, also scoring for England, of course we would want him, what club wouldn't? Ok, he's utter ***** now but we all know what he's capable of, he seems to be taking the **** out of the club for me.

Been the story for at least half of the games we have played, cant say we've been unlucky now as its happening too often,

Carroll is not taking the **** out of the club, he is just simply in completely the wrong team for his style of play... liverpool want to play a quick, precise passing game with good movement and quick 1,2's... Carroll is the most opposite player to that

Its not that we're expecting too much its that the league form is the worst ive seen since watching football and LFC... Not good enough considering we spent alot of money ( little net money - 36 Mill i think ) but we still spent 100+ Million since dalglish took , charge. Its not good enough

Been the story for at least half of the games we have played, cant say we've been unlucky now as its happening too often,

Carroll is not taking the **** out of the club, he is just simply in completely the wrong team for his style of play... liverpool want to play a quick, precise passing game with good movement and quick 1,2's... Carroll is the most opposite player to that

Its not that we're expecting too much its that the league form is the worst ive seen since watching football and LFC... Not good enough considering we spent alot of money ( little net money - 36 Mill i think ) but we still spent 100+ Million since dalglish took , charge. Its not good enough
I understand what you're saying but it's more directed to the people who seem to want Kenny out, personally i think that would make things worse. New manager would normally ignite a new philosophy of play, new players and a new policy for the club, that would just completely **** up the squad and thus we'd need more time to stabilize, i personally think we should see how we are this time next year (with dalglish) and go on from there, i think we also have a lot riding on tonights fixture though, if we don't win that well.. we'll see, we could really do with the confidence tonight before the Everton game..

lucky to have 11 on the field. Ref bottled it. Should have been red to Flanagan.

Now down to 10. Doni is off. Should have been down to 9.

Was expecting a boring game.

Thankyou, Doni. Now please Jones, complete Operation: Enrique in goal.

lucky to have 11 on the field. Ref bottled it. Should have been red to Flanagan.

Now down to 10. Doni is off. Should have been down to 9.

Technically if Flanagan was off no back pass would have taken place meaning we would be 2-0 up and down to 10 now anyway!

Well, it certainly makes things even more interesting for the cup match with Doni off. Was it the correct decision btw (not watching) out of curiosity, going by recent decisions lately?

Technically if Flanagan was off no back pass would have taken place meaning we would be 2-0 up and down to 10 now anyway!

Next what? If Jones does a Doni, you will say technically if Flanagan was off then Doni would have stayed on. Meaning Jones would have been on bench so "repeating Doni" wouldn't have happened?

Carroll has done decent.. Held up the ball, won all headers and I can't remember him losing the ball.. He is no messi I know but been better from the lad!

Very worried now tho, at 2-1 anything can happen

Dalglish, start Maxi more often! Please!

Well, it certainly makes things even more interesting for the cup match with Doni off. Was it the correct decision btw (not watching) out of curiosity, going by recent decisions lately?

Brad Jones is a very good keeper. I think the only position we actually have depth in is GK.

Brad Jones is a very good keeper. I think the only position we actually have depth in is GK.

Agreed on both, Doni looked decent and jones is capable Aswell.. But yes it was a red card, but I wouldn't blame Doni, Flanagan has had a shocker and it will probably cost us

Thats true actually. Better than Doni? Read that Doni had a terrible pre-season

Back