The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Also;
Damien Comolli commented: "I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to work at Liverpool and am happy to move on from the Club and back to France forfamily reasons. I wish the Club all the best for the future."

Of course Dalglish had the final say, but it's not exactly like Comolli put a lot of options on his plate, and Comolli probably did all of the negotiating money wise.. Who's to say Dalglish knew we were paying £35m for Carroll? He was probably just asked do you want him and bam, £35,000,000 later he was here.

Tbf, Comolli has a massive ego, it's been obvious ever since he was sacked by Tottenham and I honestly think we're better of without him, don't even know why we need somebody in that role anyway..

Dalglish knew of the figures involved, its complicated but Dalglish wasnt just someone standing by with little input.

And let's be honest this hasnt saved Dalglish, they were never going to sack him with this particular weekend coming up.

With these owners i get the feeling if things got much worse, Kenny regardless of his stature would be gone..

Although he does deserve one more season, but it has to be considerably better than this one.

PS: Mutual consent usually means ' you either resign' which looks better on your CV and for you, else we'll sack you anyway.. Wasn't that what happened with Hodgeson, AVB ETC

mutual consent mean you leave without them having to compensate you. it doesn't look any better on your CV. No one is fooled by the "mutual consent" phrase.

Even if they did sack Dalglish who would they turn to, not like Benitez is a good option to go back to.

Didn't see Comolli going. Guess the owners had to decide between Comolli, and Kenny. Didn't seem like they got on. And based off of our signings, I can't blame them, he done some good work for Spurs, but here he hasn't half wasted some money. Good players, but over-payed.

There are several options, Bielsa (would be tough to get him in our position), Klopp possibly, AVB is an option, Steve Clarke I think could step up to it and he now knows the players (even on a temp. role to see how he gets on for a few months), Brendan Rodgers looks a top manager but could be a risk if given the step up to a 'top club' and whether or not our players could handle his (or Bielsa for that matter) playing style and I for one, would love to see the Spanish Waiter come back as manager. Love the man!

Rafa and Clarke are both very good tacticians whilst the others hold sides who play brilliant football (which, obviously, requires a good tactical brain to deliver successfully.)

There are several options, Bielsa (would be tough to get him in our position), Klopp possibly, AVB is an option, Steve Clarke I think could step up to it and he now knows the players (even on a temp. role to see how he gets on for a few months), Brendan Rodgers looks a top manager but could be a risk if given the step up to a 'top club' and whether or not our players could handle his (or Bielsa for that matter) playing style and I for one, would love to see the Spanish Waiter come back as manager. Love the man!

Rafa and Clarke are both very good tacticians whilst the others hold sides who play brilliant football (which, obviously, requires a good tactical brain to deliver successfully.)

Klopp isnt really an option tbh. Not sure you have the players for Bielsa (in terms of handling his demanding methods), but he would be a very good option if your players were willing to put the work in. Rafa is a good option, AVB too if left alone.

Just did a little look-around there and came across someone mentioning Bert van Marjwik (sp) as a potential manager, an interesting one that would be.

Klopp isnt really an option tbh. Not sure you have the players for Bielsa (in terms of handling his demanding methods), but he would be a very good option if your players were willing to put the work in. Rafa is a good option, AVB too if left alone.

Klopp is unrealistic I agree, would only come if the club matched ambition with a pretty transfer kitty for him to have in the summer. However my first choice would be Rafa/AVB if I'm honest.

Dream on, Klopp would never leave Dortmund especially for a team who is not in the Champions League, same goes with AVB. Steve Clarke is a good Assistant but not sure if he is good enough to become a manager so it would be a huge risk and to be honest you mayswell keep with Dalglish if you went down that route anyway. Bielsa would never leave Bilbao and come to Liverpool, if he did leave it would be for a team in the Champions League.

Regarding Benitez how can you think of having him back after the squad problems he caused in the first place? It would be like going back to square one.

Klopp is unrealistic I agree, would only come if the club matched ambition with a pretty transfer kitty for him to have in the summer. However my first choice would be Rafa/AVB if I'm honest.

I'm not even sure that would be enough, given where Dortmund are. Rafa wasn't perfect but he is considerably better than Dalglish in my view. AVB would be good, think he may well be at Inter come the summer though.

I'm not even sure that would be enough, given where Dortmund are. Rafa wasn't perfect but he is considerably better than Dalglish in my view. AVB would be good, think he may well be at Inter come the summer though.

Benitez seems so negative with his playing style, I just never liked his tactics or style. I do not see with the current squad Liverpool have how he would make the results better with his playing style.

Inter is a risky place to go at the minute, seeing how things went at Chelsea I'm not sure if he'd want something like that again.

He needs to go somewhere he will be left alone, I'm not sure if that place is Anfield, though. Rafa had his critics, but he also brought in fantastic players, Agger, Reina, Mascherano, Alonso to name a few. He won the CL and came runner up and on top of that won the FA Cup and had our best PL finish under him. Not to mention he is still loved by [most of] the fans.

Inter is a risky place to go at the minute, seeing how things went at Chelsea I'm not sure if he'd want something like that again.

He needs to go somewhere he will be left alone, I'm not sure if that place is Anfield, though. Rafa had his critics, but he also brought in fantastic players, Agger, Reina, Mascherano, Alonso to name a few. He won the CL and came runner up and on top of that won the FA Cup and had our best PL finish under him. Not to mention he is still loved by [most of] the fans.

Moratti has changed his brief, its why Ranieri was sacked. They dont have the money and he wants someone who will bring in the talented young players they have, something Claudio was reluctant to do. But then again this is Moratti so everything could change in 12 months.

I would be taking a hard look at Rafa if i was FSG.

Moratti has changed his brief, its why Ranieri was sacked. They dont have the money and he wants someone who will bring in the talented young players they have, something Claudio was reluctant to do. But then again this is Moratti so everything could change in 12 months.

I would be taking a hard look at Rafa if i was FSG.

If there's one way to ease the removal of KK it would be to bring in another fan favourite.

What if Comolli is leaving now to allow KK to become director of football in the summer so a new manager can be brought in?

If there's one way to ease the removal of KK it would be to bring in another fan favourite.

And it helps that the fan favourite is also a particularly good manager

And yes Jak, i suspect that KK will be moved into that role or something similar. I dont think he is cut out for modern management, particularly when dealing with the press.

What if Comolli is leaving now to allow KK to become director of football in the summer so a new manager can be brought in?

I'd imagine so, it would come across more as a 'promotion' than a sacking, saving theirs and Kenny's reputation, partially.

And it helps that the fan favourite is also a particularly good manager

And yes Jak, i suspect that KK will be moved into that role or something similar. I dont think he is cut out for modern management, particularly when dealing with the press.

Indeed, Rafa had a lot of unfair criticism (some from myself), but imagine what he could do with owners who care about winning, are prepared for some real investment, and want the club to succeed.

What he did under the two baboons was great, considering.

Am I the only one that would like to see Paul Lambert as manager? That's if Dalglish is sacked, which I honestly don't think he will be.

Dalglish knew of the figures involved, its complicated but Dalglish wasnt just someone standing by with little input.

And let's be honest this hasnt saved Dalglish, they were never going to sack him with this particular weekend coming up.

Hmm, I suppose, but still, he wouldn't have been directly involved in negotiating the figures.

I think it's saved him for another season.. Most were expecting Dalglish to be sacked, but it looks like Comolli has been made the scapegoat.

Am I the only one that would like to see Paul Lambert as manager? That's if Dalglish is sacked, which I honestly don't think he will be.

Hmm, I suppose, but still, he wouldn't have been directly involved in negotiating the figures.

I think it's saved him for another season.. Most were expecting Dalglish to be sacked, but it looks like Comolli has been made the scapegoat.
would be a massive risk, could be too big a job for him. I'll be interested to see if he and Norwich can avoid the 'second season syndrome' next season.

Back