The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
would be a massive risk, could be too big a job for him. I'll be interested to see if he and Norwich can avoid the 'second season syndrome' next season.

To be honest, two successive promotions and top 10 finish is a miracle.. He's definitely not fluked his way here. Also, Norwich, IMO, have the weakest squad [on paper] in the league.

To be honest, two successive promotions and top 10 finish is a miracle.. He's definitely not fluked his way here. Also, Norwich, IMO, have the weakest squad [on paper] in the league.
what he's done is fantastic, no doubt about it (painful thinking Leeds could have done it if they didn't suck :( ) but, other than promotion out of league 1, he's done all this with no pressure on him. At Liverpool he would be under enormous pressure, especially after this season. Personally I think it would be too big a risk

Of course Dalglish had the final say, but it's not exactly like Comolli put a lot of options on his plate, and Comolli probably did all of the negotiating money wise.. Who's to say Dalglish knew we were paying £35m for Carroll? He was probably just asked do you want him and bam, £35,000,000 later he was here.

Tbf, Comolli has a massive ego, it's been obvious ever since he was sacked by Tottenham and I honestly think we're better of without him, don't even know why we need somebody in that role anyway..

Oh, I don't disagree with that, in fact I've been the thinking the same this morning about Comolli being the 'negotiator'. I never understood why we needed him, but a 'DOF' is something that NESV believe in, and believed in Comolli because of his love for moneyball, but he's got it wrong, so maybe they'll look elsewhere. It's interesting, as if you want to say who's got 'moneyball' right this season, it definitely hasn't been us, it's been Newcastle by far.

I just think it strengthens Dalglish's power, which worries me a little as it makes it harder to sack him if that's what they decide to do.

Poor timing as well imo, everything should be focused on this weekend, not stupid internal affairs.

RE: Lambert, give him another season or two at Norwich and see what he does then, he's one who should be watched closely imo.

Bielsa, Rafa or AVB - any of those I'd like to see manage us next season, can't see KD getting sacked now though.

I'll probably get some stick for this, but a manager for the future is Roberto Martinez. I know that Wigan are struggling, but they shouldn't be, let's be honest.

Am I the only one that would like to see Paul Lambert as manager? That's if Dalglish is sacked, which I honestly don't think he will be.

Hmm, I suppose, but still, he wouldn't have been directly involved in negotiating the figures.

I think it's saved him for another season.. Most were expecting Dalglish to be sacked, but it looks like Comolli has been made the scapegoat.

Yep, Comolli would have done the fine work.

But im not sure it has saved him. Sacking Comolli now is one thing, sacking/moving Dalglish days before the FA Cup semi final against Everton of all teams and of course the Hillsborough anniversary is non starter. Still think he will be moved this summer, especially if Everton win

Barrett claiming someone else will be leaving later on today.

Rodolfo Borrell possibly taking up a higher role? Would LOVE that.

I'm not even sure that would be enough, given where Dortmund are.

Also considering that he just signed Reus. Doesn't show intent to leave any time soon.

Well, I hope he doesn't, as much as I would love to see him at Liverpool, I really don't want him to leave Dortmund. Fantastic tactician as well.

I think Rafa would be the most obvious shout for manager, although I like the idea of AVB coming in as I feel that he would suit us a lot more than he did Chelsea.

Also considering that he just signed Reus. Doesn't show intent to leave any time soon.

Well, I hope he doesn't, as much as I would love to see him at Liverpool, I really don't want him to leave Dortmund. Fantastic tactician as well.

I think Rafa would be the most obvious shout for manager, although I like the idea of AVB coming in as I feel that he would suit us a lot more than he did Chelsea.

No way he will leave Dortmund for Liverpool. I do not know how anyone can even think it is even a possibility, Rafa is about your best hope as AVB will be at Inter or wait for the Spurs job (especially if they get Champions League).

@Mike, I agree completely about KD, he's rude and it's not doing him any favours. Have a look here, decent article written by a Liverpool fan. about KD and interviews.

Uh, looked like he said hello to someone and went to shake their hand...

No way he will leave Dortmund for Liverpool. I do not know how anyone can even think it is even a possibility, Rafa is about your best hope as AVB will be at Inter or wait for the Spurs job (especially if they get Champions League).

Just to clarify, I don't think Klopp would join us at this moment or the near future.

Uh, looked like he said hello to someone and went to shake their hand...
After watching it again, it seems so too. Although he could have been a little bit more polite and said 'excuse me for a second' and then welcomed him. Or maybe he was saying 'alright?' as in a question to the interviewer about whether or not the interview was finished. It still doesn't excuse him from some of the sarcastic-ish responses, though!

​- PZW

If KK does go, or moves to a different position there is only one man IMO that i would want

Rafa Benitez

He won us a champions league and got us to a final 2 years after, with a squad that was playing way above themselves..
He led us to 2nd in the league in 08/09 ( i think ) a year we should have won the title

His signings, people focus on the bad one's but he also brought in Torres, Garcia, Masch, Alonso ETC massive players at our club

I firmly believe the former american owners are the reason we are where we are now, And them causing the offield problems, caused problems on the pitch and led to broken promises and key players leaving

Bring Rafa Back!

LOL, I love how people are going mental about Dalgish, especially in that Blackburn interview.. So he didn't want to talk about controversial incidents in the game. Shock, horror!

Tbf, not sure why everyone is getting on their high horses about Daglish's media handling; at least he turns up and answers every question that is actually match related.

Btw, that article is terrible, I can only assume he is an amateur. Kenny is clearly laying down the line because he knows that he will be asked about refereeing decisions which is fair enough, especially if Liverpool were considering to appeal the decision. The interviewer then goes on to ask him about it, what a douche. Also he's clearly saying hello to somebody in the background, if you can't see that then you're retarded..

If you believe Dalglish is handling media well then you are retarded. Easy game to play.

And lol at "At least he is turns up and answers every question". All he does is try to take micky out of interviewer rather than answering the question.

Last edited:
Barrett claiming someone else will be leaving later on today.

Rodolfo Borrell possibly taking up a higher role? Would LOVE that.

Rumours are that it's Ian Ayre, apparently FSG aren't happy that he's not been able to find a stadium sponsor - ridiculous though considering he's got Liverpool two of the biggest sponsorship deals in the sport - Warrior Sports and Standard Chartered.

Also a lot of talk that David Dein or Johann Cruyff could be joining the club, all nonsense I'd expect but you never know.

EDIT: Whether he's saying hello to someone in the background or not is irrelevant, he still goes to walk off which is incredibly bad PR.

EDIT: @Jones, why is it bad? They are hardly formal interviews.. You see players and managers do informal things during them interviews all the time.. It's hardly like he's walked off during a press conference.

If you believe Dalglish is handling media well then you are retarded. Easy game to play.

That interview was a terrible one to base a criticism of Dalglish's media handling on. He's no worse than other managers from top clubs, at least he doesn't send Clarke out instead.. That would be boring.

EDIT: @Jones, why is it bad? They are hardly formal interviews.. You see players and managers do informal things during them interviews all the time.. It's hardly like he's walked off during a press conference.

That interview was a terrible one to base a criticism of Dalglish's media handling on. He's no worse than other managers from top clubs, at least he doesn't send Clarke out instead.. That would be boring.

That interview was the last one to base my decision. He has done wonderfully this season isn't it, starting from tee shirts sage to this week.

He is worse than anyone in the league. At least Clarke will give straight answers rather than trying to be funny for every question and ending up looking like an ***.

Edit: I'm not even interested in arguing this point, I was just playing your simple "If you dont agree then you are retarded game" which btw is one of the most retarded thing you see on online forums.

That interview was the last one to base my decision. He has done wonderfully this season isn't it, starting from tee shirts sage to this week.

He is worse than anyone in the league. At least Clarke will give straight answers rather than trying to be funny for every question and ending up looking like an ***.

Edit: I'm not even interested in arguing this point, I was just playing your simple "If you dont agree then you are retarded game" which btw is one of the most retarded thing you see on online forums.

You haven't been around very long if you haven't seen managers behave like this before.. One is very close to home for you.. Or to give another example, Mourinho, that guy acts like a complete moron in these situations but I guess that's just part of his "charisma".

Dalglish does give straight answers, to straight questions.. Maybe the media should stop bashing him every time he refuses to answer one of their ridiculous questions.

Also the reason Dalglish is making fun of the interviewer in that clip is because he referred to it as the "Cup final"..

BTW, I never said if you disagree you're retarded, I said if you think he's actually trying to leave the interview early you're retarded.. Completely different things. This article made me laugh: Liverpool Boss Kenny Dalglish Should Face Sack After Latest Embarrassing Interview
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/326813/20120411/liverpool-dalglish-kenny-sack-interview-video.htm

Last edited:
Oh now its all Interviewer fault.

All these days I heard "For the way media treated us for 20 years Kenny is doing this" excuse now Interviewer asked ridiculous question excuse. Yeah what ever floats your boat.

Oh wow, now Dalglish was not leaving early but just moved in that direction to say Hello to someone? lol.

I can confirm that Liverpool's Head of Sports Medicine & Science Peter Brukner has also left the club - he was a Purslow appointment

- Dan Roan on twitter.

Back