The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Apparently Milan might be unwilling to play Aquilani any more incase they activate his buy out clause.

The only sticking point is indeed the price. We'll be looking for lots, since we have him on a long-termer and want to keep him.

Another factor is when Villa get relegated. His price tag might drop quite a bit then. If you lose to Bolton tonight, it could be a distinct possibility.

Not a huge fan of Bent but could see how someone as limited as he is could fit in. The thought of spending anything more than £10m on him makes me feel uneasy though.

Oh and those who keep mentioning Huntelaar, be realistic.

Another factor is when Villa get relegated. His price tag might drop quite a bit then. If you lose to Bolton tonight, it could be a distinct possibility.

True, unfortunately. Still reckon we're just a bit too good to go down, but if it happened to Leeds, it can happen to anyone.
I mean, we're not Newcastle. We're not used to it.

True, unfortunately. Still reckon we're just a bit too good to go down, but if it happened to Leeds, it can happen to anyone.
I mean, we're not Newcastle. We're not used to it.

Not too good when you have McLeish as manager, the guy is a pro at relegating clubs with negative football.

Not too good when you have McLeish as manager, the guy is a pro at relegating clubs with negative football.

Difference is, both times he relegated clubs which went up through teamwork rather than individually quality players. This time, we can still rely on a flash of brilliance from players to keep us up. Not saying it will, but we have a better chance than Birmingham did. But there's a time and a place for this conversation, and it isn't here.

Difference is, both times he relegated clubs which went up through teamwork rather than individually quality players. This time, we can still rely on a flash of brilliance from players to keep us up. Not saying it will, but we have a better chance than Birmingham did. But there's a time and a place for this conversation, and it isn't here.

You've been unlucky with injuries too, although, McLeish really isn't the right man for a job like Villa, would have been better at Wolves these past 12 games.

Rumours everywhere we have made a down payment for Jackson Martinez

No idea how good he is.. He has scored 18 goals and contributed 5 assists in 25 Games this season.. but obviously he is not in the Prem

PS. Would also love Aquaman to come back in! doubtful tho as he dont like England, has alot more quality that the recent midfield signings

Rumours everywhere we have made a down payment for Jackson Martinez

No idea how good he is.. He has scored 18 goals and contributed 5 assists in 25 Games this season.. but obviously he is not in the Prem

PS. Would also love Aquaman to come back in! doubtful tho as he dont like England, has alot more quality that the recent midfield signings

Martinez is an interesting option, clearly what we need but it's definitely a gamble. Really wouldn't like to see us get Bent, so Martinez is a cheap alternative. It's nice to see we are finally thinking outside the box [of course it is only a rumour though].

Would love to see Aqua back too, but we said that last year and he was loaned out again!

Any idea if we are still getting Bueno at the end of the season? I havnt heard much about him since his transfer was put off for being u18...

[video=youtube;fqaNcMY3e6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqaNcMY3e6I[/video]

[video=youtube;fqaNcMY3e6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqaNcMY3e6I[/video]
It seems that Raheem Sterling was involved in almost every goal in that video, although most of the goals were mediocre. I'm surprised that Sterling hasn't been given a chance, with King Kenny so confident in youth players such as John Flanagan and Martin Kelly!

​- PZW

It seems that Raheem Sterling was involved in almost every goal in that video, although most of the goals were mediocre. I'm surprised that Sterling hasn't been given a chance, with King Kenny so confident in youth players such as John Flanagan and Martin Kelly!

​- PZW

To be fair Kelly and Flanno dont get many games this season. It was last season they got games more. And Liverpool are great for giving defensive players a chance but not so much for midfielders and attackers. Sterling will get his chance but we muct be patient.

Even though I'm Man U to the core I must say Ive always been impressed by Kelly every time he plays. A much better option than Johnson in my opinion. Sell Johnson to Madrid or someone, they always pay OTT for **** defenders and promote Kelly. Boom.

Has Kelly an Irish passport???

Even though I'm Man U to the core I must say Ive always been impressed by Kelly every time he plays. A much better option than Johnson in my opinion. Sell Johnson to Madrid or someone, they always pay OTT for **** defenders and promote Kelly. Boom.

Has Kelly an Irish passport???

Our best defence is when Johnson plays, stats prove that.. as soon as the back 4 of Glen, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique is interrupted we go to peices!

Back