The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Terry should have been sent off too. Must be against the rules to play as ***** as he did that night.
Hodgson saying he'll only take 1 of Terry and Ferdinand?
Personally I'd take Rio

No matter who the player is, a tackle should not be meant to purposely injure someone, and I'll never laugh if a person is injured, even if i dont like the player

Being honest.. Suarez Forearm, Ivanovic Elbow, Essien Tackle and Shelvey Lunge could/should have all been red!

Indeed, some people really can be retarded.

TBH, sending people off for forearms and elbows is all well and good (not massively necessary but meh), but challenges like Essien's (IT'S AN EXAMPLE, CHELSEA FANS, PLEASE DON'T DIG UP A VIDEO FROM 1976 OF A LIVERPOOL PLAYER DOING A SHOCKING TACKLE BECAUSE I DON'T CARE) are the ones that should get lengthy bans, and I think fouls like that should be given bans even if refs miss them, too. Should never go into a challenge with the intention to cause injury, it's just sick.

Funny how people are talking about Roy Keane like ending somebody's career makes you a hero. Really?!

Indeed, some people really can be retarded.

TBH, sending people off for forearms and elbows is all well and good (not massively necessary but meh), but challenges like Essien's (IT'S AN EXAMPLE, CHELSEA FANS, PLEASE DON'T DIG UP A VIDEO FROM 1976 OF A LIVERPOOL PLAYER DOING A SHOCKING TACKLE BECAUSE I DON'T CARE) are the ones that should get lengthy bans, and I think challenges like that should be given bans even if refs miss them, too. Should never go into a challenge with the intention to cause injury, it's just sick.

Funny how people are talking about Roy Keane like ending somebody's career makes you a hero. Really?!

Should point out that he didnt end haalands career. But yeah its nonsense. I dont think he went in to cause injury, but its late and stupid

I'd argue neither. But if forced it'd be Rio.
bit off topic but who would your CBs be?
Jagielka, Cahill, Smalling for sure
then one of Jones, Lescott, Rio, terry? (though Jones would be quite to take because of his versatility)

bit off topic but who would your CBs be?
Jagielka, Cahill, Smalling for sure
then one of Jones, Lescott, Rio, terry? (though Jones would be quite to take because of his versatility)

I'd take Jones if we were mixing it up for the future, otherwise Lescott.

Lescott has got to be considered surely, constant performer for Man City alongside Kompany

Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka, Jones for me

Smalling just doesn't strike me as international level yet

Lescott has got to be considered surely, constant performer for Man City alongside Kompany

Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka, Jones for me

Smalling just doesn't strike me as international level yet
he's our fastest CB isn't he? Very useful trait to have

Lescott has been immense this season.

He's had his doubters, myself included, but if he doesn't get a call up this tournament then I can't see it happening for him.

Ideal lineup for England would be:

Hart
Johnson, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole
Gerrard, Parker
Walcott, Lampard, Young
Rooney

Unfortunately Wilshere is out, so Parker would have to play next to Gerrard.

Hart
Gerrard, Parker
Walcott, Lampard, Young
Rooney

There's a line-up that has 'quater final at best' written all over it!

Sigh, once again you are placing Gerrard and Lampard in the same first 11. You are trying that for a past 10 years. You have waisted your best midfielder in a last 20 years cuz of that. I used to have sympathy for you and your selector, but now, i'm pretty sure most of you are idiots who knows **** about football.

Hart
Gerrard, Parker
Walcott, Lampard, Young
Rooney

Hart
Walker, Terry, Cahill, Cole
Parker, Scholes (if not then Barry or Carrick)
Walcott, Rooney, Young
Welbeck

Hart
Walker, Terry, Cahill, Cole
Parker, Scholes (if not then Barry or Carrick)
Walcott, Rooney, Young
Welbeck

Terry,Scholes and Welbeck somehow doesn't seem fitting to England first 11. One is too old,one is too mistake prone(dirty) and one is still to young and unproven. I'd have them in subs tho.

Back