The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Terry,Scholes and Welbeck somehow doesn't seem fitting to England first 11. One is too old,one is too mistake prone(dirty) and one is still to young and unproven. I'd have them in subs tho.
Scholes is our best player behind Rooney so it's vital he goes. Disregard his age, he's still phenomenal. Welbeck has been good this season and literally me and my friend couldn't think of many better strikers to take. I wouldn't take Terry but can see why people say he should go

Hart
Walker, Terry, Cahill, Cole
Parker, Scholes (if not then Barry or Carrick)
Walcott, Rooney, Young
Welbeck
With that same formation I'd have
Hart
Walker, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines
Parker, Carrick
Lennon, Rooney, Young
Welbeck

Scholes is our best player behind Rooney so it's vital he goes. Disregard his age, he's still phenomenal. Welbeck has been good this season and literally me and my friend couldn't think of many better strikers to take. I wouldn't take Terry but can see why people say he should go

Well maybe something like:

Scholes Parker

Lampard/Gerrard

As for ST there are players like Bent,Defoe,Sturridge,Rooney....

There's no thing such as too old or too young. If they are both mentaly and physicaly fit, i don't see why not.

Well maybe something like:

Scholes Parker

Lampard/Gerrard

As for ST there are players like Bent,Defoe,Sturridge,Rooney....
where are you playing Lampard/ Gerrard? Behind the striker? That's where Rooney thrives. When Rooney is banned I say Gerrard play there but when he's available play Rooney. Bent is injured, Defoe hasn't been as good as Welbeck, Sturridge is inexperienced and not as good as Welbeck and I've already mentioned Rooney. Maybe take Defoe as a 3rd striker but he's the best of a bad bunch

There's no thing such as too old or too young. If they are both mentaly and physicaly fit, i don't see why not.

Really...you would pick Welbeck in england first 11? Above all other strikers?...I'm sorry but this smells like some badass bias. Hence then Carrol should play there too...oh wait...

where are you playing Lampard/ Gerrard? Behind the striker? That's where Rooney thrives. When Rooney is banned I say Gerrard play there but when he's available play Rooney. Bent is injured, Defoe hasn't been as good as Welbeck, Sturridge is inexperienced and not as good as Welbeck and I've already mentioned Rooney. Maybe take Defoe as a 3rd striker but he's the best of a bad bunch

Well that's what I was thinking about Lamps/SG in first games without Ronneyinho as for Defoe he is hardly **** when it comes to England games...Tottenham is another story tho.

Well that's what I was thinking about Lamps/SG in first games without Ronneyinho as for Defoe he is hardly **** when it comes to England games...Tottenham is another story tho.
15 goals in 46 games is hardly breathtaking. It's decent but not unbelieavble. Not good enough to ignore league form and just go with him. Welbeck is easily 2nd choice striker, 3rd striker is up for debate. Heck even Carroll has played well the last few games so could be in with a decent shout

sorry, but no. Bent is injured, Defoe is 3rd striker in Tottenham , so Welbeck is logical choice. For your info, i would take Crouch or Carroll just to add another tactical option.

Terry,Scholes and Welbeck somehow doesn't seem fitting to England first 11. One is too old,one is too mistake prone(dirty) and one is still to young and unproven. I'd have them in subs tho.

If England are going to play a deep line then Terry, Cole and Cahill are a must for me. All 3 have played sensationally well with Chelsea together so that will only help at International level. Scholes won't go but he should, if not then it will be Carrick and Welbeck works very well with Rooney.

Really...you would pick Welbeck in england first 11? Above all other strikers?...I'm sorry but this smells like some badass bias. Hence then Carrol should play there too...oh wait...

Like i said Welbeck works very well with Rooney, as Rooney is not available for the first two games then by all means go with Carroll upfront with Gerrard in Rooney's position.

15 goals in 46 games is hardly breathtaking. It's decent but not unbelieavble. Not good enough to ignore league form and just go with him. Welbeck is easily 2nd choice striker, 3rd striker is up for debate. Heck even Carroll has played well the last few games so could be in with a decent shout

Even thought I'm L'pool fan with Carrol you would have defenders come into temptation to hoof the ball upfield skipping all those nice guys like Scholes,SG and Parker(Carra style).....only way that can work is 4-4-2 with Carrol as the one who will chest ball to Sg/scholes/lamps for a shot or to Defoe.

Well i have to disagree on this one...you CAN be too old...you saw what Barca midfield did to Scholes last year in CL final. He was overrun completely.

You really have no clue about football, do you?
Barca overrun every team in last 5 years. So your point fails.

You really have no clue about football, do you?
Barca overrun every team in last 5 years. So your point fails.

Bah....I'll give it a rest since you are Mr.Knowitall,no point in picturing you Scholes vs Netherlands,Italy,Germany,Spain.....anyway we are trolling wrong thread so I'll stop with writing cuz this is lost cause.

1. You never asked me about my opinion about Englands first 11.
2. He wouldn't play against aggressive sides like Netherland or Spain, maybe last 10-15 minutes.
3. Still better than Lampard or Gerrard. Maybe he cant play whole game, but 60 minutes for sure.

Oh my mistake, stumbled onto this thread and accidentally thought it was about Liverpool. Time for somebody to set up a Euro 2012 thread...or possibly even a sub forum like we had for the 2010 world cup

Oh my mistake, stumbled onto this thread and accidentally thought it was about Liverpool. Time for somebody to set up a Euro 2012 thread...or possibly even a sub forum like we had for the 2010 world cup
ye I started this all, my bad. The discussion can continue when Hodgson announces squad next week. Make a full Euro 2012 thread/ section closer to the time

Back