The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
You people sure are quick to judge others.
I agree to an extent about Downing. He shouyd have created some more chances but it all boiled down to luck. Overvalued at 20m but still a good player. Hendersons only 21 so the jury is out. You cant dismiss him while he is still learning his trade. Adam does try too much but thats because fans built him up as the next Xabi. He has a decent return of assists. Suarez isnt an all out poacher, he winds up the opposition and has skill on the ball. He opens up defences. Carroll was over valued but we needed a striker and with him being young he will get better as he learns to read the game.

That my input. I may be wrong but its my views so not going to turn this into a bitchy argument

Every player that isnt a Cayabe, Demba Ba or Cisse will be deemed mediocre...
We bought young players mainly that havnt hit their peak yet.
Suarez is a class act if not a bit of a controversial figure. Good Buy
Carroll has struggled but in the past 2 months he has shown his quality and finally found his feet. Good Buy
Adam has been decent for us. Fans dont like him but he has delivered. Good Buy
Henderson
shows glimpses of quality. Has plenty of time to develop. Good Buy
Downing creates plenty of crosses. Poor finishing by team mates have let him down. Good Buy
Enrique has been our best attacking LB in recent years. Nuff said. Good Buy

Oh come on. I'm all for being fair and not going overboard on Liverpool transfer-bashing, but this is ridiculous. You just can't disregard fees when discussing buys.

Suarez is an excellent player. Good Buy.
Carroll has struggled, he's improving now but his astronomical transfer fee turns him into a Bad Buy.
Adam has been mediocre. Does what he does, doesn't do what he doesn't do. Decent Buy.
Henderson's shown promise. Nobody quite knows what his transfer fee was, so I'm going to reserve judgement and call him a Decent Buy.
Downing. Hahaha. He does put in plenty of crosses, but less than a quarter of them even find a target. Also, £20 million. Bad buy.
Enrique has been an inspired purchase, ​Great Buy.

Suarez a goal every 2 games ( 17 in 34 ), creates so much for the team... only one ill say has been a brilliant buy.
Adam 2 goals and 10 Assists been injured since march not a bad return, too harshly slated
Downing last season was one of the best wingers in the league, created and scored so many for Villa, price tag too much though
Carroll purely for the price was poor, shown he can do something but 15-20 mil at the max..
Enrique good
Henderson still to prove it

Wouldnt call him brilliant, but very good, should be an inside forward though.

Adam performances have been poor, you've seen him play, you know his immensely poor set piece deliveries and wayward passing have not been masked by the stats, though i agree that he has suffered without Lucas.

That was last season, this season he has been woeful. I thought was down to how he was being used, but actually he has just been incredibly disappointing.

Carroll was a bad buy for price and timing and injury, i think he is a pretty decent player, who could become very good. But he should never have been bought in january.

Gotta say I'm agreed with the villa fan on this one and I think a couple of our fans need to take their red tinted glasses off.

Suarez - good buy
Enrique - good buy
Carroll - showing promise but for price a bad buy
Henderson - jury out but can't see us getting a return on ~ 18 million.
Downing - good bye!
Adam - good bye!

Happy to ship out the last two and look for better.

Dalglish parts with Liverpool rumours really getting going now on Twitter, seen a couple of journos/ex footballers posting it too, usually more credible than when rival fans create a twitter storm out of nothing.

Oh come on. I'm all for being fair and not going overboard on Liverpool transfer-bashing, but this is ridiculous. You just can't disregard fees when discussing buys.

Suarez is an excellent player. Good Buy.
Carroll has struggled, he's improving now but his astronomical transfer fee turns him into a Bad Buy.
Adam has been mediocre. Does what he does, doesn't do what he doesn't do. Decent Buy.
Henderson's shown promise. Nobody quite knows what his transfer fee was, so I'm going to reserve judgement and call him a Decent Buy.
Downing. Hahaha. He does put in plenty of crosses, but less than a quarter of them even find a target. Also, £20 million. Bad buy.
Enrique has been an inspired purchase, ​Great Buy.

What Liverpool have you been watching?
Charlie Adam - Frustrating player. Has no stamina and is too lazy. When counter-attacking he looks for a foul rather then scoring a goal. He also thinks hes ******* it. Needs to be sent back down the championship, the only place were he looks good.
Henderon - Don't know were people are seeing this promise from. All he does is get the ball and pass it back. And he doesn't tackle, he jockys until they get too close to the goal to shoot or put a through ball in. Although, I could be wrong. Lucas was shocking 2-3 seasons ago, and look at him now.

Dalglish parts with Liverpool rumours really getting going now on Twitter, seen a couple of journos/ex footballers posting it too, usually more credible than when rival fans create a twitter storm out of nothing.

There's loads going round. Also heard Martinez to come in. I even heard rafa to return with Martinez as assisant.

Sigh. Really indifferent about keeping Dalglish on as manager or not, had us playing good football yet bizarrely couldn't get the best out of the signings brought in. Woodwork has been our nemesis but a missed shot is a missed shot and training is there to improve accuracy.

If he does go, I'm sorry but I want someone better than Martinez. Don't know what all the fuss is about. Done well to keep wigan up but they haven't progessed since he took charge either.

Ok to Rafa although would take a lot of others. Mights well see who gets the sack at the euros but would definitely favour Villas Boas most.

What Liverpool have you been watching?
Charlie Adam - Frustrating player. Has no stamina and is too lazy. When counter-attacking he looks for a foul rather then scoring a goal. He also thinks hes ******* it. Needs to be sent back down the championship, the only place were he looks good.
Henderon - Don't know were people are seeing this promise from. All he does is get the ball and pass it back. And he doesn't tackle, he jockys until they get too close to the goal to shoot or put a through ball in. Although, I could be wrong. Lucas was shocking 2-3 seasons ago, and look at him now.

Adam: Exactly what I said. He does what he does - pass well from deep, sprays diagonals around - and doesn't do what he doesn't - chase around, tackle, and be a dynamic midfielder.

Henderson: Mmm... he's a very divisive area, I think. He definitely puts a shift in, defends well high up the pitch (51 tackles and an impressive 54 interceptions) and retains the ball relatively well (dispossessed only 39 times, and 28 turnovers) but he needs to work on his finishing and his incisive passing. That'll come with time though, hence why I think he's an alright purchase so far.

Bring Rafa Back!! <3

No thanks, we'll take him. <3

Lets wait to see what happens at 4pm when the supposed meeting Kenny is currently in ends

Hello Mr. T. I haven't seen you around since you bet that Liverpool would finish above Spurs. Think that was two years back.

If I catch you acting like a crazy fool again...

Adam: Exactly what I said. He does what he does - pass well from deep, sprays diagonals around - and doesn't do what he doesn't - chase around, tackle, and be a dynamic midfielder.

Henderson: Mmm... he's a very divisive area, I think. He definitely puts a shift in, defends well high up the pitch (51 tackles and an impressive 54 interceptions) and retains the ball relatively well (dispossessed only 39 times, and 28 turnovers) but he needs to work on his finishing and his incisive passing. That'll come with time though, hence why I think he's an alright purchase so far.

No thanks, we'll take him. <3

I think Mick McCarthy is more realistic for you lot :)

Hello Mr. T. I haven't seen you around since you bet that Liverpool would finish above Spurs. Think that was two years back.

If I catch you acting like a crazy fool again...

I was in hiding my little heart broken :'(

Severely doubt Kenny has walked. One of those twitter rumours with very little evidence for.

Severely doubt Kenny has walked. One of those twitter rumours with very little evidence for.

He hasn't. Ben Smith (@BenSmithBBC) confirmed that.

But FSG still haven't confirmed if they want Kenny as manager next season, or not.

I think Mick McCarthy is more realistic for you lot :)

Either way, amusing press conferences ahoy!

He hasn't. Ben Smith (@BenSmithBBC) confirmed that.

But FSG still haven't confirmed if they want Kenny as manager next season, or not.

I can't see them sacking him, for some reason, or at least not publically. Perhaps he'll be 'persuaded' to walk, but I don't think he'll be openly pushed.

Back