The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
He hasn't. Ben Smith (@BenSmithBBC) confirmed that.

But FSG still haven't confirmed if they want Kenny as manager next season, or not.

He'll be quietly pushed to somewhere else, suspect where is what is being discussed. Not as simple as Villa's meeting with Eck (You're ****, you're sacked).

Either way, amusing press conferences ahoy!

I can't see them sacking him, for some reason, or at least not publically. Perhaps he'll be 'persuaded' to walk, but I don't think he'll be openly pushed.

Think he'll be "promoted" to Director of Football or some other senior position.

Any official announcement won't be for a few days yet. Kenny demanding a meeting has caught a few people on the hop. He's back home now and the result was 'score draw'.

Anyone know when/ if Joe Cole is coming back? I can't imagine there are many clubs who will be willing to match his £6,000,000 p/yr contract... Although, we're paying most of it anyway! Maybe he deserves another chance?

Also, if KK does go, it sucks that he'll be going out like this..

Although, my top three choices for who will replace him would be: AVB, Roberto Martinez, or Rafa. In no particular order.

Well, he didn't help himself with the early transfers, Downing in particular has been the huge flop which the owners will be asking an explanation for. Was the player really in terrible form all season? Did Kenny's system not bring out the best in him? Why was this?

Additionally in the FA cup final against Chelsea, why wasn't Carroll played from the start? He was influential in the next game in the PL and took Terry apart... Things like that do allow FSG to question him pretty closely. They seem to be using a more corporate model of business management, which is "This isn't working, tell me why not?", which can only be a good thing for the club in the long term.

The question has to be who replaces him if he does go (prob sports director, though may take a break), AVB wouldn't be a good guy to transition a "poor" Liverpool considering his tenure at Chelsea. I'd like to have Rafa back, as he may have played boring ****, but he made the team tough to beat.

I think AVB would be a decent choice for Liverpool. They already have the foundations and the players to be able to move on and lets be honest they have had a real poor season so he can't do any worse.

If Kenny does get the 'sack' - The only person I want is Rafa. And I'm not alone with that, it seems everyone I talk to about it wants him too. As the next manager.

Well, he didn't help himself with the early transfers, Downing in particular has been the huge flop which the owners will be asking an explanation for. Was the player really in terrible form all season? Did Kenny's system not bring out the best in him? Why was this?

Additionally in the FA cup final against Chelsea, why wasn't Carroll played from the start? He was influential in the next game in the PL and took Terry apart... Things like that do allow FSG to question him pretty closely. They seem to be using a more corporate model of business management, which is "This isn't working, tell me why not?", which can only be a good thing for the club in the long term.

The question has to be who replaces him if he does go (prob sports director, though may take a break), AVB wouldn't be a good guy to transition a "poor" Liverpool considering his tenure at Chelsea. I'd like to have Rafa back, as he may have played boring ****, but he made the team tough to beat.

AVB time at chelsea is completely different, Chelsea had older players and he tried to change it to his ' young, style football' approach.. liverpool are already trying to play that so wouldnt take much tweeking at all... would be a very good choice IMO

although if he does go there is only one appointment and that is Rafael Benitez.

I just want Rafa back in the Prem, I don't care who it's with. I <3 that man.

I still think Kenny will go, to be honest. If he does, I just hope we have someone lined up and quickly. AVB would be okay possibly, Martinez is a good guy and plays great football, but I don't think he's right.

Ben Smith of BBC: 'Kenny has told the owners he believes he's the right man for the job, now he's back in Liverpool and has said to them back me or sack me. Things will get a bit complicated cause Kenny goes on holidays tomorrow morning.'

"Owners will come up with a decision over the next 24/48 hours"

Martinez is a No. what has he done to improve wigan apart from doing **** for 8 months then going on a run the last month of the season and just surviving relegation, dont understand why he is rated so highly

Last edited:
Ben Smith of BBC: 'Kenny has told the owners he believes he's the right man for the job, now he's back in Liverpool and has said to them back me or sack me. Things will get a bit complicated cause Kenny goes on holidays tomorrow morning.'

Martinez is a No. what has he done to improve wigan apart from doing **** for 8 months then going on a run the last month of the season and just surviving relegation, dont understand why he is rated so highly

The squad they have is pretty poor, bar two or three players, no budget to buy players apart from if they sell their own and then buy others. The football he has got them to produce with that squad has been amazing and he is easily worth a go at Liverpool, going back to Benitez would be so **** pointless in my view.

Easy, because he plays the type of excellent football that works with better placed clubs on a regular basis, as opposed to Wigan. Tactically he is very sharp at outwitting sides using shapes. He could have played ******* football, and probably got more points for Wigan, but that isnt who he is, which makes it a good place for young players to go on loan/come through, they will get games, playing a technique orientated brand of football. Right manager, sort of wrong club. Even Whelan knows it, and is bracing himself for the day he leaves.

has said to them back me or sack me.

Was just a paraphrase.

5a0ea65f3f5d1bc8e32ec85382277308.png

Ill be convinced when he actually does something at a club, not just narrowly escaped relegation nearly every year

Ill be convinced when he actually does something at a club, not just narrowly escaped relegation nearly every year

You also said Carroll was least technically gifted player you've seen. You need to look past the surface.

Who, Kenny?

We finished 8th. Hardly "just narrowly escaped relegation" is it? Plus, Carling Cup Winners, and were in the FA Cup Final. Deserves another season.

Back