The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Guardiola, Mourinho WONT HAPPEN..

Id love Brendan Rodgers if we are going down the young line..

If not Rafa Benitez, Hands down.

Rafa did very well with **** owners, could do great with good owners. Him or AVB for me

Unsure if someone has already said it, but Steve Clark has walked, apparently. out of loyalty to Dalglish.

Guardiola, Mourinho WONT HAPPEN..

Id love Brendan Rodgers if we are going down the young line..

If not Rafa Benitez, Hands down.

You make me laugh to be honest. Not happy with someone like Martinez despite the wonderful stuff he has got Wigan playing and keeping them in the Premier League season after season but then suggest Brendan Rodgers. Makes no sense to me the logic there and yes I do like Brendan Rodgers but surely Martinez is a better option.

You make me laugh to be honest. Not happy with someone like Martinez despite the wonderful stuff he has got Wigan playing and keeping them in the Premier League season after season but then suggest Brendan Rodgers. Makes no sense to me the logic there and yes I do like Brendan Rodgers but surely Martinez is a better option.

Well its not hard to see,

Rodgers first season in Prem finishes 11th, with a team just promoted

Martinez has been there since 2009, and every year they have only just scraped relegation thanks to a very good last month of the season

Martinez has had three years to establish the team, and while he has kept them up each year, there is no progression

Both play good football, the type i want to see at Liverpool, But Rodgers has already came higher than his wigan side in his first season in the league

Martinez has been there since 2009, and every year they have only just scraped relegation thanks to a very good last month of the season

Martinez has had three years to establish the team, and while he has kept them up each year, there is no progression

Both play good football, the type i want to see at Liverpool, But Rodgers has already came higher than his wigan side in his first season in the league
Both have done very well, could argue that a factor for Swansea doing well is the momentum of being promoted last season has carried on. Second half of the season they haven't been as good. Will be interesting to see how they do next season and if 'second season syndrome' kicks in

Both have done very well, could argue that a factor for Swansea doing well is the momentum of being promoted last season has carried on. Second half of the season they haven't been as good. Will be interesting to see how they do next season and if 'second season syndrome' kicks in

I agree, im not going to get into Martinez because we have already been there, but i just dont get the hype surrounding him.. not done anything that stands out to me

I agree, im not going to get into Martinez because we have already been there, but i just dont get the hype surrounding him.. not done anything that stands out to me
Playing good football with not that great players is certainly commendable. For a club like Wigan (no offence intended), a club with very little money and support, staying in the Premier League is a great achievement. Progress is prevented each season due to their miraculous escape making larger clubs target their better players and he has to sell.

If Swansea can do the same next year, I'll be impressed. Back in 2001, Ipswich finished 5th after just being promoted.. The next season they were relegated. It's easier to manage a squad under no pressure to succeed but next season will be massive for both Lambert & Rodgers.

Avb or benitez or see who is available abroad after euros. No to martinez for me. Already said why

If Swansea can do the same next year, I'll be impressed. Back in 2001, Ipswich finished 5th after just being promoted.. The next season they were relegated. It's easier to manage a squad under no pressure to succeed but next season will be massive for both Lambert & Rodgers.

very true, second season is always harder..

either way it would be nice to see an attacking approach at LFC, too many games this season we're goaless with a ton of missed chances!

I think it will be and should be AVB, look at what happened when you went back this time round in Kenny. Benitez done a decent job but keep that in the history (a word you are all fond of), move on to something new and exciting.

[20:47] <iNickStuff> Bierhoff, Ayesteran and Rangnick.
[20:47] <Mike> overseen, by dein. could be a force

wts

If not I honestly wouldn't mind Capello.

AvB I think will get it. young, youngest manager to win a European trophy. Didn't do so well at Chelsea, but he still definitely has the ability he had at Porto. Plays nice football, and out of work. Perfect choice in many ways.

AvB odds been slashed now..

Liverpool page posted that
Martinez, Rodgers, Rafa and Lambert arn't even on the shortlist? no source tho..

Back