The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
If it counts for anything, Liverpool has the best kit of the 2012-2013 season.

There are already jokes out there such as:

YNWA - You'll Never Win Again

We also have the 3rd best kit sponsorship deal in the world, behind Barcelona & Madrid! ;)

The time has come, for the love affair to continue.

AVB

:wub::wub::wub:

I'm back.

Think there was too many Ego's at Chelsea, and when AvB started getting tough, they didnt like it

different feel at Liverpool, would be a very good appointment.

Think there was too many Ego's at Chelsea, and when AvB started getting tough, they didnt like it

different feel at Liverpool, would be a very good appointment.

Err no... His management style was too tough and harsh and ultimately that divided the squad. Seriously, banishing two players from Cobham completely mid-way through the season. Refusing to allow them to park their cars at the club. Not allowing them to attend the Christmas Dinner.

Plus he did that because of their performances and not because of their ego's

Err no... His management style was too tough and harsh and ultimately that divided the squad. Seriously, banishing two players from Cobham completely mid-way through the season. Refusing to allow them to park their cars at the club. Not allowing them to attend the Christmas Dinner.

Plus he did that because of their performances and not because of their ego's

not going to get into Liverpool, Chelsea.. Its personal opinion, Chelsea seem to have this problemn with most manager as Drogba, Lampard, Terry are seen to almost lead the club

Boas is a great manager and proved that at academica and Porto.. why he failed at chelsea was not all down to him

not going to get into Liverpool, Chelsea.. Its personal opinion, Chelsea seem to have this problemn with most manager as Drogba, Lampard, Terry are seen to almost lead the club

Boas is a great manager and proved that at academica and Porto.. why he failed at chelsea was not all down to him

I agree completely with the statement mate. He is a good manager but he needs to refine his managerial style. Plus at Porto he had very good players such as Hulk, Falcao, Otamendi and Moutinho. It will be interesting to see how he does at Liverpool with a less superior squad (No offence)

I would go for any these for are next manager

Jurgen Klopp,
Marcelo Bielsa,
AVB,
Louis Van Gaal,
Frank De Boer,
Laurent Blanc,
Frank Rijkaard,
Louis Van Gaal

I agree completely with the statement mate. He is a good manager but he needs to refine his managerial style. Plus at Porto he had very good players such as Hulk, Falcao, Otamendi and Moutinho. It will be interesting to see how he does at Liverpool with a less superior squad (No offence)
Yea I understand, although IMO Liverpools squad is a lot better than their league position, injuries and a lack of squad depth have cost us a lot.. Be interesting of the new manager comes in spends wisely, and hopefully the team remain injury free.. Still optimistic of challenging top 4

Yea I understand, although IMO Liverpools squad is a lot better than their league position, injuries and a lack of squad depth have cost us a lot.. Be interesting of the new manager comes in spends wisely, and hopefully the team remain injury free.. Still optimistic of challenging top 4

I agree. If the new manager can shift the deadwood and bring in some new players then Pool could very well do much better next season.

The good thing is that their is value in the transfer market. Someone like Jovetic would not mind going to Liverpool and he is a fantastic player. Cant see how you can go wrong with getting someone like Nilmar, Willian etc. as well

Your squad isn't a 'lot' better than your league position.

Everton's has more quality and surprising amounts of depth. City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Spurs' all better. 1 place maybe, if were being generous?

I would go for any these for are next manager

Jurgen Klopp,
Marcelo Bielsa,
AVB,
Louis Van Gaal,
Frank De Boer,
Laurent Blanc,
Frank Rijkaard,
Louis Van Gaal

Jurgen Klopp will not leave Dortmund for Liverpool.

Biesla has got a lot of media attention recently but in order for him to work, players must believe fully in his philosophy and he can be pretty erratic. Doubt he can take the club forward in the long-term. FSG would not want him any ways because he can be weird at times

AVB might not get the job if FSG take his Chelsea experience into account. Otherwise he can be very good if allowed to mould the squad and implement his tactics. Worrying part is if he can attain success with his tactics because at Chelsea, he wanted players like Hulk and Cavani which Liverpool will never sanction

Rijkaard does not have the greatest Club CV. Admittedly he did very well with Barcelona by phasing out the old guard and rebuilding the team around Ronaldinho but at other clubs he has been a failure. Has never really succeeded on the international scene either. Not the worst choice but certainly will not be the top of my list

Dont really have any concrete opinion on the rest but for my money, I would bring in AVB

Your squad isn't a 'lot' better than your league position.

Everton's has more quality and surprising amounts of depth. City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Spurs' all better. 1 place maybe, if were being generous?

Id say two, Newcastle and Everton imo have not got a better squad than us, but its personal opinion, next season will determine if them two clubs can be successful again..

Jurgen Klopp will not leave Dortmund for Liverpool.

Biesla has got a lot of media attention recently but in order for him to work, players must believe fully in his philosophy and he can be pretty erratic. Doubt he can take the club forward in the long-term. FSG would not want him any ways because he can be weird at times

AVB might not get the job if FSG take his Chelsea experience into account. Otherwise he can be very good if allowed to mould the squad and implement his tactics. Worrying part is if he can attain success with his tactics because at Chelsea, he wanted players like Hulk and Cavani which Liverpool will never sanction

Rijkaard does not have the greatest Club CV. Admittedly he did very well with Barcelona by phasing out the old guard and rebuilding the team around Ronaldinho but at other clubs he has been a failure. Has never really succeeded on the international scene either. Not the worst choice but certainly will not be the top of my list

Dont really have any concrete opinion on the rest but for my money, I would bring in AVB

They let Dalglish spend around 100m though, so how can you say that? I think the owners have done the right thing by sacking Dalglish, the league form was horrific, not to mention the way he acted throughout his time at Liverpool towards the media and the Luis Suarez affair.

They let Dalglish spend around 100m though, so how can you say that? I think the owners have done the right thing by sacking Dalglish, the league form was horrific, not to mention the way he acted throughout his time at Liverpool towards the media and the Luis Suarez affair.

but not 100m for a player or two right? They can never afford to pay 40-50m for a player.

Most of that fee was subisidized by their sale of Torres. Hulk/Cavani combined would cost in excess of 70m

The list is not massively unrealistic, although not the force we were, Liverpool still are a big club to manage for a manager

Agreed. The only unrealistic option there is Klopp. Although you would do well to stay away from Biesla/Rijkaard

1st two are massively unrealistic, the third is a free agent, and he's your best shot.

Klopp may want a challenge in the premier league as it is a better league and more recognised

Bielsa just finished 10th in the league with Atletico, there is always a chance, not like he won everything

Back