The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Klopp may want a challenge in the premier league as it is a better league and more recognised

Bielsa just finished 10th in the league with Atletico, there is always a chance, not like he won everything

If Bielsa leaves Bilbao soon, it will be because he wants a bigger challenge than Europa League. He is a perfectionist, not sure how Liverpool will lure him away from this current challenge, they just played a final in EL? The second best side in EL? (Although I still think that on any other day, Bilbao will beat Atletico)

Bilbao turn up for big games, in the league they have looked poor... Finishing 10th is worse than Liverpool in a less competitive league... I personally don't want him, don't think it will work.

Bilbao turn up for big games, in the league they have looked poor... Finishing 10th is worse than Liverpool in a less competitive league... I personally don't want him, don't think it will work.

To be fair, Biesla placed greater importance on the Europa League because he knew what a trophy of that stature would do for Bilbao's reputation and for the fans so he rested key players in league games

But I agree with you, doubt Biesla will work at Liverpool and I have even greater doubt that FSG even want him

Klopp may want a challenge in the premier league as it is a better league and more recognised

Bielsa just finished 10th in the league with Atletico, there is always a chance, not like he won everything

Klopp is highly unrealistic, and is in the middle of a fanstatic project with BVB, who are a much better placed club right now.

So that's Martinez approached. Rumours Rodgers soon... And a few more to be approached aswell

Whelan has said if offered the job, it's purely down to Roberto... May not be the richest chairman but he certainly looks after his club and managers as best as he can

Whelan has said if offered the job, it's purely down to Roberto... May not be the richest chairman but he certainly looks after his club and managers as best as he can

Well, no doubt if he Martinez did get the position it would be a risk, but who knows it might pay off. The man has got Wigan playing some cracking stuff and they did beat a lot of the big boys towards the end of the season, he also seems very good at motivating. I would not mind giving him a go at all considering the current state of Liverpool and I think he could do a good job.

Im quite embarrased tbh at the amount of Liverpool fans calling for FSG to sell up, start protesting and calling the whole of FSG a shambles

Martinez would not cope as most of the fans seem to anti-martinez before he even starts ( if he does )

He wouldnt be my first choice, but what help would this be.. you gotta support the manager

So it sounds like we've approached AVB & Martinez so far.. Rafa is next, apparently.

Paul Tomkins ‏@paul_tomkins
Txixi Berigistain would be my guess as DoF. Barca academy staff already at LFC, plus young Catalan manager (if Martinez), would make sense

Plenty of people saying Txixi will be our DOF now. Now that would be a great appointment.

Going back to Rafa would surely be just going one step back completely, you really need something new at Liverpool and someone who will bring some excitement back to the way they play, Rafa really is not the man in my opinion.

So it sounds like we've approached AVB & Martinez so far.. Rafa is next, apparently.

Not sure you have approached AVB as his agent has said there have been no approaches for him.

Paul Tomkins ‏@paul_tomkins
Txixi Berigistain would be my guess as DoF. Barca academy staff already at LFC, plus young Catalan manager (if Martinez), would make sense

Plenty of people saying Txixi will be our DOF now. Now that would be a great appointment.

Maybe Txiki will sign us Ibrahimovic for £85m + Reina! :D

Last edited:
Txiki* I think I spelt it wrong. It's a horrible name to try and pronounce, but damnit, it'll be worth it if we appoint him.

Him and De Boer pl0x

Jen Chang has been appointed our new Director of Communications.
Source:http://www.kopsource.com/jen-chang-appointed-as-new-director-of-communications-at-lfc/
Has an impressive cv so far so hopefully help us in the asian/american markets regarding publicity.

Also seems that FSG have lined up their targets up even before the end of the season. Hopefully we will see a few appointments by the end of next week. And interviews are supposedly taking place next week for the managers position. Glad to see the club move swiftly in this regard.

Interesting views from Liam Tomkins on twitter, deffinatley agree..

Links with high-profile DoF's and lower profile managers suggests that FSG are changing the management structure at #LFC. It would suggest that the next manager will be allowed to focus on training, tactics & matchdays while DoF deals with structure & policy. In that sense, you can see why FSG would prioritise the way a manager drills a team as opposed to their reputation in other areas.

Txiki Begiristain was instrumental in appointing Pep Guardiola as Barcelona manager, despite the club having approached Jose Mourinho.
So, again, it would make sense if he was advising FSG to consider the likes of Roberto Martinez, to replicate the Barca structure. Would also explain why Kenny found it difficult to work within this structure, and why the likes of Rafa aren't expected to get the job now.

To people saying Mourinho would have been a better choice than Pep. Key factor is that Mourinho always follows the money.
Barca wanted a manager who could oversee a team which relied on promoting from within, outsourcing occasionally when necessary.That's why they chose Pep, and he was perfect. Incidentally, that is also the exact philosophy that FSG want to replicate at #LFC. We've seen it already. The way the academy is set-up, all the young players coming in. That is the beginning of a long project. So looking at the structure we are trying to implement, ask yourself what sort of manager would be more suited to it; a Pep, or Jose?

Really interesting stuff.

Interesting views from Liam Tomkins on twitter, deffinatley agree..

Links with high-profile DoF's and lower profile managers suggests that FSG are changing the management structure at #LFC. It would suggest that the next manager will be allowed to focus on training, tactics & matchdays while DoF deals with structure & policy. In that sense, you can see why FSG would prioritise the way a manager drills a team as opposed to their reputation in other areas.

Txiki Begiristain was instrumental in appointing Pep Guardiola as Barcelona manager, despite the club having approached Jose Mourinho.
So, again, it would make sense if he was advising FSG to consider the likes of Roberto Martinez, to replicate the Barca structure. Would also explain why Kenny found it difficult to work within this structure, and why the likes of Rafa aren't expected to get the job now.

To people saying Mourinho would have been a better choice than Pep. Key factor is that Mourinho always follows the money.
Barca wanted a manager who could oversee a team which relied on promoting from within, outsourcing occasionally when necessary.That's why they chose Pep, and he was perfect. Incidentally, that is also the exact philosophy that FSG want to replicate at #LFC. We've seen it already. The way the academy is set-up, all the young players coming in. That is the beginning of a long project. So looking at the structure we are trying to implement, ask yourself what sort of manager would be more suited to it; a Pep, or Jose?

Really interesting stuff.

Thank **** you have Dein advising, because the owners have been winging it. To be honest they should be offering whatever it takes to hire him.

Martinez is now expected to fly to Boston early next week to meet John Henry and Tom Werner.
Latics chairman Whelan, talking to The Times on Thursday, said: "It is true that I've given Liverpool permission to speak to Roberto.
"I don't know the exact timescales of when he is due to meet with the Liverpool owners, but I will never stand in Roberto's way."
FSG are expected to have other managerial targets in mind as well as they seek a replacement for Kenny Dalglish.
Whelan later elaborated to Sky Sports News: "When they (Liverpool) phoned me, I was actually with Roberto and having a meeting about what to do next season.
"I have always said that when a big club comes, he will have permission to talk to them - and Liverpool, they don't come any bigger than Liverpool.
"I gave him permission and he will be talking to them soon. I don't know when, but it will be quite soon.
"When Liverpool sacked Kenny, I have to say I thought Liverpool would be knocking on the door and sure enough they are.
"I would love to keep him, but I have told Roberto he has my permission to speak with Liverpool."

Reds talks for Martinez - Whelan | News

Hope it's not true.

Back