The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
You think you are only ones thinking about that? Milan have been talking to him for some time now and I expect them to bounce quickly if he says he's ready to return.

Wouldnt even happen, he has never been one to rush a decision.

we let our Barcelona coaches and Reina talk to pep say how good the club can be it is last year pep praise the youth system and what do we lose if he say no but what if he said yes.

Its always good to hope, but realistically Pep is not going to be our new manager..

As a sports journalist in the local area, and someone who spoke to Kenny just this evening on his holiday I'd like to dispel some myths currently flying around the club, or clarify some things that are going around as 'rumours'
(this will just be things that have been agreed that I may share)

And before my credentials are doubted check out my twitter @ojallsports and you will see I've picked up big things recently including knowing about Roy Hodgson for England many many weeks ago,

Anyway, in terms of rumours, Kenny did not fly to Boston with his job 'in the balance' he had been informed of their decision before he and Steve Clarke left for new England. The intentions of the trip was for Kenny to have a last opportunity to speak about the season nd for him to discuss hi future role at the club.

He was offered a severance package, which he rejected as it would 'take a significant chunk out of ny summer deals.' this is also the same for Damien Camoli who also turned down a severance package.

Steve Clarke did offer his resignation to Fenway Sports Group, which was rejected, as they don't want any knee-jerk reactions at the club, as well as the wish for him to meet the new manager before he makes his final decision.

The last hour of the meeting was Kenny with Fenway sports group coming up with a twenty five point plan on, in his eyes, the best way for the club to be taken forward. At this point he DID know he wasn't too be in charge (which is truly the mark of the man)

In response to the question of particular names he believed could successfully do the job, he replied 'not to many men are big enough to handle the club.'

I can say now that he is categorically ruled out, that not as HIS choice. But using the remit set by FSG Jenny's believed Brendan Rodgers had an attitude big enough to 'handle the club'

I don't know if there are anymore rumours people need commenting on, if people have questions ask away and I will do my best to comment

To be fair, I'm a Man Utd fan and KK's sacking wasn't really a surprise but why oh why are some fans keen for Martinez as manager?? Seriously, give me a reason other than his team play well for the last 8 weeks of the season. Had Paul Jewell not a better win ratio??

Yes. You.

From the club who spent £50m on Torres.......... £13m on a manager who was sacked at the first opportunity etc etc

Dont get why you find the need to involve Chelsea in the argument. Last time I looked, the point of discussion was Liverpool's transfer dealings not Chelsea's

Dont get why you find the need to involve Chelsea in the argument. Last time I looked, the point of discussion was Liverpool's transfer dealings not Chelsea's

Because a Chelsea fan came in here saying it, be exactly the same if a Liverpool fan went in th Chelsea thread and said the same..

Well according to his name, he's clearly a ******.

I pity you.

Why is that?

Okay, all you Liverpool fans, lets get this clear now, because clearly some people misunderstood me big time.

You do realise that by saying 'he wasnt a real manager' I actually said it because its been a long time since he's won something as manager? And even though he has won titles with Blackburn and Pool doesnt mean he will come back with his beautiful crown on his head and be that successful? The last title he won (Blackburn) was '95 and Im not sure about you, but I think football has changed since then. A lot. Again, you cannot expect that you will return and be THAT successful, when the football is so much more competitive nowadays, so rich (literally) and so advanced if you will. When teams were constantly evolving last few seasons, Liverpool was moving away from their target - to be that force again. Henry came, Liverpool received a big financial injection, appointed Dalglish, gave him money and he didnt spend it correctly, period. Liverpool didnt perform well, period. Kenny Dalglish was sacked due to poor results, period. So yes, I know he is a real manager, I just said that not to upset you (because he's a legend for you), but to emphasize how bad he was and how badly you need a new, young, hungry manager, fresh blood that can introduce something new to the team, someone that will make them rise again. Not sure who you want, but I like Martinez, and I am amazed how so many people dont want him. After AVB, Martinez is your best shot, and if any of you still thinks that you have a chance of getting Guardiola, please stop.

Not sure why bothered to write all this, I'm sure someone will find it insulting.

Peace.

Why is that?

Okay, all you Liverpool fans, lets get this clear now, because clearly some people misunderstood me big time.

You do realise that by saying 'he wasnt a real manager' I actually said it because its been a long time since he's won something as manager? And even though he has won titles with Blackburn and Pool doesnt mean he will come back with his beautiful crown on his head and be that successful? The last title he won (Blackburn) was '95 and Im not sure about you, but I think football has changed since then. A lot. Again, you cannot expect that you will return and be THAT successful, when the football is so much more competitive nowadays, so rich (literally) and so advanced if you will. When teams were constantly evolving last few seasons, Liverpool was moving away from their target - to be that force again. Henry came, Liverpool received a big financial injection, appointed Dalglish, gave him money and he didnt spend it correctly, period. Liverpool didnt perform well, period. Kenny Dalglish was sacked due to poor results, period. So yes, I know he is a real manager, I just said that not to upset you (because he's a legend for you), but to emphasize how bad he was and how badly you need a new, young, hungry manager, fresh blood that can introduce something new to the team, someone that will make them rise again. Not sure who you want, but I like Martinez, and I am amazed how so many people dont want him. After AVB, Martinez is your best shot, and if any of you still thinks that you have a chance of getting Guardiola, please stop.

Not sure why bothered to write all this, I'm sure someone will find it insulting.

Peace.

Only thing i will disagree with is this big cash injection, the money came from key players being sold, Henry only added 35 million to that, and compared to todays spending it is not enough

yes he brought wrongly to replace them, but key difference is we are trying to replace key players sold, where as Chelsea, City, United ETC are buying players to add quality to their squad and add squad depth, not to replace outgoings

Most liverpools fans are over expectant, thinking we are the force we used to be. We're not. Although i will be optimistic to say with the correct manager and a few good signings, we will be outsiders, but still challenging for top 4 next season

i still believe we are the 6th best team in the league, and a few years of stability could help us long term get back into the champions league and challenge higher up the table, the direction we are taking seems to be a sensible one

Only thing i will disagree with is this big cash injection, the money came from key players being sold, Henry only added 35 million to that, and compared to todays spending it is not enough

yes he brought wrongly to replace them, but key difference is we are trying to replace key players sold, where as Chelsea, City, United ETC and buying players to add quality to their squad and add squad depth, not to replace outgoings

Most liverpools fans are over expectant, thinking we are the force we used to be. We're not. Although i will be optimistic to say with the correct manager and a few good signings, we will be outsiders, but still challenging for top 4 next season

i still believe we are the 6th best team in the league, and a few years of stability could help us long term get back into the champions league

I think its highly debatable as to whether you are the 6th best team in the league, Newcastle seem to a have better starting 11 and fully deserved to be where they are, right now they are most certainly a better side than you.

yes he brought wrongly to replace them, but key difference is we are trying to replace key players sold, where as Chelsea, City, United ETC are buying players to add quality to their squad and add squad depth, not to replace outgoings

i still believe we are the 6th best team in the league, and a few years of stability could help us long term get back into the champions league and challenge higher up the table, the direction we are taking seems to be a sensible one

With the right manager, right staff and the right players (obviously) Liverpool will be the force they used to be. No doubt.

I think its highly debatable as to whether you are the 6th best team in the league, Newcastle seem to a have better starting 11 and fully deserved to be where they are, right now they are most certainly a better side than you.

For me they have had one good season, last year they were 12th.... it is yet to be seen weather it was one good year or weather they can actually keep up that standard of performance, Like i said only time will tell

Imo opinion we keep Lucas fit, Agger Fit, Gerrard Fit.. and keep Carroll on the form for the past 5 or 6 games, then i would rather have the liverpool team, we just havent got the depth, and when these key players get injured we have struggled.

For me they have had one good season, last year they were 12th.... it is yet to be seen weather it was one good year or weather they can actually keep up that standard of performance, Like i said only time will tell

Imo opinion we keep Lucas fit, Agger Fit, Gerrard Fit.. and keep Carroll on the form for the past 5 or 6 games, then i would rather have the liverpool team, we just havent got the depth, and when these key players get injured we have struggled.

They did it all year, so right now they deserve to be the 5th best team, there is no basis on which you can dispute than unless they fall. And given the state of both clubs, they are better placed of the two. Agger and Gerrard are injury timebombs, and Carroll is mr inconsistent, their best players have been been consistent.

They did it all year, so right now they deserve to be the 5th best team, there is no basis on which you can dispute than unless they fall. And given the state of both clubs, they are better placed of the two. Agger and Gerrard are injury timebombs, and Carroll is mr inconsistent, their best players have been been consistent.

Agreed, alot of Liverpool's key players seem to have had awful injury problems this season

But you would class it as one of Liverpools worst seasons league wise in history, and one of newcastle's best in recent memory..

Newcastle need to show consistancy for more than one season if they are to be a proven top 5-6 team, like i said before, only time will tell

Back