The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I would take Martinez over Solsjaer any day of the week although this discussion seems pointless considering Solsjaer does not have a snowballs chance in **** of getting the job

Solksjaer would accept the job in a heartbeat, I think.

Regardless I don't really want him. I want De Boer.

No to Solksjaer. Not because he is a united legend. Not because he is a promising manager just not experienced enough yet in a big league. But because I can't stand the thought of having a manager who looks younger than a youth team player.

Woy had managed many national sides and took charge of fulham who were a premier league side, took them to a europa league final, bit difference between them two

Dont forget he managed Inter aswell :)

Looks like Fenway Sports Group will cut costs to Liverpool FC, which means lower summer transfer budget. Liverpool will now have to make a super deal transfer this summer or really on good tactics or luck this coming season. Once Gerrard retires, who will be carrying on the Liverpool spirit? Practically everyone else is new at Liverpool and hasn't experienced much of the glory days Liverpool used to have.

YNWA will start to sound like you'll never win again if things aren't done right during the summer.

David Dein set to be appointed Director of Football at Liverpool.

David Dein “advising FSG and set to be appointed” | This Is Anfield

This is the man who found Arsene Wenger and brought him to Arsenal. David Dein is also responsible for finding and bringing in Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrick Viera, Robert Pires, Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, and Gael Clichy to Arsenal. Wenger is usually the one that has recieved credit for these actions.

Hopefully Andre Villas-Boas is appointed manager and then Liverpool would have a powerful administration leading it.

David Dein set to be appointed Director of Football at Liverpool.

David Dein “advising FSG and set to be appointed” | This Is Anfield

This is the man who found Arsene Wenger and brought him to Arsenal. David Dein is also responsible for finding and bringing in Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrick Viera, Robert Pires, Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, and Gael Clichy to Arsenal. Wenger is usually the one that has recieved credit for these actions.

Hopefully Andre Villas-Boas is appointed manager and then Liverpool would have a powerful administration leading it.

Dein is the one who made those deals happen. Not the one to find them as you say, but still good man to have on board. Would have him back at Arsenal over Deadwood any day.

Devastated if true.

Not sure where we should turn to now.

You still have Roberto Martinez ;)

On a serious note, maybe you could look at someone like that Montpellier manager Rene Girard. Done wonders for them, although language might be an issue.

Last edited:
Villas boas or Benitez, said from day one!

I would like to see Villas-Boas come back. But I really dont know what to think of him. It seems everyone at Chelsea right down to the youth players detested him.

But still would like to see him back anyways. Would be interesting to see how his reign at Liverpool fans out. Do you reckon FSG are really looking at Benitez?

Back