The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I would like to see Villas-Boas come back. But I really dont know what to think of him. It seems everyone at Chelsea right down to the youth players detested him.

But still would like to see him back anyways. Would be interesting to see how his reign at Liverpool fans out. Do you reckon FSG are really looking at Benitez?
Take the AVB stories with a pinch of salt, it's easy to criticise a former manager when he can't speak back. But from what I hear he just rubbed people the wrong way a little, just a wrong fit, needed more guidance from the people around him

Take the AVB stories with a pinch of salt, it's easy to criticise a former manager when he can't speak back. But from what I hear he just rubbed people the wrong way a little, just a wrong fit, needed more guidance from the people around him

You cant really have that at a club like Chelsea or Liverpool tbh. But still the fact that the likes of Ramires and Mata also came out and spoke against him really makes me think. I would obviously take the stories with a pinch of salt if it was coming from someone like Lampard but these ones are now coming from players who were supposed to be the 'future' under AVB. But I do see sense in your post as well

On another note, disappointed if Boer really has rejected the Liverpool job. Would have loved to see him in the PLM

At the moment, it seems like either AVB or Martinez will get the job, out of them both I'd take AVB more, but all the talk about his Man Management being utter ****, scares me a little

You still have Roberto Martinez ;)

On a serious note, maybe you could look at someone like that Montpellier manager Rene Girard. Done wonders for them, although language might be an issue.

Heart attack waiting to happen that man. You probably didn't see it but his last press conference last all of 30 seconds because he was too fat to fit in the chair, got fed up and walked out. That said, credit to what he has achieved but he is more near to retiring than to start a fresh.

Heart attack waiting to happen that man. You probably didn't see it but his last press conference last all of 30 seconds because he was too fat to fit in the chair, got fed up and walked out. That said, credit to what he has achieved but he is more near to retiring than to start a fresh.

Girard_2675884.jpg

This is fat to you? o.O You must love the anorexics.

And he's 58, hardly retirement age.

What about Rudi Garcia from Lille? Heard good things about him. Also please dont turn this idea into some sort of potential avenue to land Hazard

Girard_2675884.jpg

This is fat to you? o.O You must love the anorexics.

And he's 58, hardly retirement age.

I've got completely confused with another top French manager. Will get back to you when I figure out who it is I'm on about. Might have been their chairman. Et voilà, there's the porker:

loulou-nicollin2.jpg

Last edited:
What about Rudi Garcia from Lille? Heard good things about him. Also please dont turn this idea into some sort of potential avenue to land Hazard

Could be good move, but I think he will stay to rebuild squad after Hazard sale and opening of their new stadium.

I just want someone with the tactical prowess of Rafa, not necessarily Rafa himself. As I don't think FSG will want him, after sacking Kenny with him being a prior manager, I think FSG will want to move forwards.

As I said from early on, De Boer was my favourite, but seems we cannot get him - I'm pretty unsure now. From all the names mentioned, AVB is probably my favourite, but that's not saying much.

Apparently we'll have a shortlist of 5 by next week, so predictably we're moving very very slowly with it, so that the new guy has to wait until after the euro 2012 price inflation occurs >_>

Ex-Liverpool medical chief: Carroll has turned his fitness regime around

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Sun, 05/20/2012 - 10:48

Former Liverpool fitness chief Peter Brukner says Andy Carroll deserves his England place after committing to a new health regime.

Brukner spent considerable time with Carroll following his arrival from Newcastle with a thigh injury last year.

Speaking for the first time since leaving Anfield last month, Brukner told the Mail on Sunday: "Andy arrived in January last year with a long-term injury which meant he would struggle to regain full fitness for the rest of that season - Andy would probably also admit that he had not done a lot of fitness work while at Newcastle.

"Initially he struggled adapting to the different culture at Liverpool but, over the past six months, he has started to embrace the culture and work harder on his fitness. After initially being a reluctant gym user, he is now in there every day.

"Andy has worked closely with Liverpool's head of fitness Darren Burgess and the results can be seen; he has significantly reduced his body fat and his game stats show he is sprinting much more."

I actually thought Capello was too high profile but he seems to be showing an interest. I'd be happy with him but would still prob take AVB over him just for a long term vision.

Van Gaal being mooted as the General Manager. Nuts. But I do like it.

If we're to play 4-3-3, as I think it's a matter of time until AVB is announced, Suarez out left, Carroll in the centre and a new striker on the right is what I see.

Van Gaal being mooted as the General Manager. Nuts. But I do like it.

Was actually going to PM you about this. I think its mental, but it could actually work really well. AVB and Van Gaal, could be a quality duo there.

Also what do you know about Billy Hogan? Apparently set to be the commercial director. And will the club make any permanent approach to Dein?

If we're to play 4-3-3, as I think it's a matter of time until AVB is announced, Suarez out left, Carroll in the centre and a new striker on the right is what I see.

Could also do the same with a 4-2-3-1. But have been saying for an age than Suarez should be an inside forward.

Read that article I posted or go down to the bottom and the Liverpool teams, shows exactly how AVB plays, like I said very good read :)

Back