The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not his problem though, Liverpool's concerns are not his concerns.

But he currently pays the man, he is keeping the fans of his side updated. His priorities are not Liverpool and what's best for Liverpool.

I haven't got a problem with it, least it keeps us updated, just telling you what he said

And I'm guessing the owners would have wanted it kept shush, but I've got no problem with it

I understand that which is why I think he should stay at Wigan or either go to Aston Villa. Liverpool supporters are going to turn on him way quicker than they did Hodgson when he had them down near relegation. He has done an extraordinary job at Wigan.
The fans turned on Hodgson for his **** football and poor results. If the results had been decent, he might have lasted longer. Martinez plays very good football so the fans will give him more patience (if he gets the job of course)

I haven't got a problem with it, least it keeps us updated, just telling you what he said

And I'm guessing the owners would have wanted it kept shush, but I've got no problem with it

If Liverpool wanted to keep it quiet then im sure they will make sure Wigan did keep it quiet and also didn't tweet your fans asking who you want as manager lol. They want this as public as ****.

The fans turned on Hodgson for his **** football and poor results. If the results had been decent, he might have lasted longer. Martinez plays very good football so the fans will give him more patience (if he gets the job of course)

You know as well as i do he was doomed from day one and i called it too. Every game he lost the media posted a photo of KD looking down on him from the directors box with a sly little dig in the headline. Soon as the media jumped on the bandwaggon the fans joined and there was no way back. Hodgson also didn't have anywhere near the transfers funds KD had so had to bring in some of his prefered players unlike the targets he would have wanted. When i look at Hodgson's C.V i totally dis count his time at Liverpool, he never even went there in my eyes.

If Liverpool wanted to keep it quiet then im sure they will make sure Wigan did keep it quiet and also didn't tweet your fans asking who you want as manager lol. They want this as public as ****.

No, no they don't. Asking your fans who they want as manager has nothing to do with keeping actual manager recruitment under wraps.

No, no they don't. Asking your fans who they want as manager has nothing to do with keeping actual manager recruitment under wraps.

Of course they want this public, every manager who has been interviewed has been named. If they wanted to keep it a bit more private then they could.

You know as well as i do he was doomed from day one and i called it too. Every game he lost the media posted a photo of KD looking down on him from the directors box with a sly little dig in the headline. Soon as the media jumped on the bandwaggon the fans joined and there was no way back. Hodgson also didn't have anywhere near the transfers funds KD had so had to bring in some of his prefered players unlike the targets he would have wanted. When i look at Hodgson's C.V i totally dis count his time at Liverpool, he never even went there in my eyes.
I don't disagree, it was always going to be a struggle. However if he could have gotten results the fans wouldn't have turned on him. It's partially his fault it didn't work but there were a lot of other factors too, such as few transfer funds and a club in turmoil with the owners. But my original point was adressing why the fans are less likely to turn on Martinez than they did on Hodgson if results aren't great

I don't disagree, it was always going to be a struggle. However if he could have gotten results the fans wouldn't have turned on him. It's partially his fault it didn't work but there were a lot of other factors too, such as few transfer funds and a club in turmoil with the owners. But my original point was adressing why the fans are less likely to turn on Martinez than they did on Hodgson if results aren't great

I think anyone who manages Liverpool needs to hit the ground running. If not then questions will start coming from the fans, media and owners very quickly.

just seen this posted on rawk
Atr92G_CQAAJm4l.jpg

I think anyone who manages Liverpool needs to hit the ground running. If not then questions will start coming from the fans, media and owners very quickly.
ye you're probably right there

Hodgson was awful. there is no ifs and buts. He played defensively in every game, no matter who the opposition, brought awful players ( konchesky and Poulson ) to name a couple... Although Kenny spent a lot the signings still have age on their side.

Liverpool had their problems, but 18th in the table. That is shocking

Not a fan of KK/KD then.

They werent call KK or KD all the time, nearly every report i heard or read on AVB - that is exactly what they said.... least with other managers they call them at least by their surname... :/ lol

Hodgson was awful. there is no ifs and buts. He played defensively in every game, no matter who the opposition, brought awful players ( konchesky and Poulson ) to name a couple... Although Kenny spent a lot the signings still have age on their side.

You are a top half side at the moment, can't really say anything more, needs to be a summer with all the right moves though.

It is shocking but the signings you named were signings that he could only make because he didn't have money to spend. Like i said from day one he was doomed and if i could be bothered i would try and find where i posted that.

Who is to say they're the only one's who have been/are going to be interviewed?

That's not my point, more may be interviewed but they have not kept things quiet or intend to do so by the looks of it. Im not saying there is anything wrong with it, im just saying that is the way they seem to be going.

It is shocking but the signings you named were signings that he could only make because he didn't have money to spend. Like i said from day one he was doomed and if i could be bothered i would try and find where i posted that.

That's not my point, more may be interviewed but they have not kept things quiet or intend to do so by the looks of it. Im not saying there is anything wrong with it, im just saying that is the way they seem to be going.

I understand what you mean, but for all we know they have their main target being kept under wraps to avoid all this media attention the likes of Wigan and Martinez are getting, already casting doubt etc.

A maybe, mind.

Back