The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
That's not my point, more may be interviewed but they have not kept things quiet or intend to do so by the looks of it. Im not saying there is anything wrong with it, im just saying that is the way they seem to be going.

I think alot of it has been pure speculation on the medias behalf... But they you get the clubs owners coming out and saying that their manager has been approached, that is not Liverpools fault. I dont think they can stop other people from saying that Liverpool have approached their manager ?

Also, Hodgson spent near £30m and for what we got in return, only Meireles was good.

Neither were good i agree with that, i just think there was much more pressure on Hodgson.

Well of course there was, most felt the club was out of his depth, which is was. And Dalglish, well, he's the chosen one.

Well of course there was, most felt the club was out of his depth, which is was. And Dalglish, well, he's the chosen one.

I think Dalgleish being on the board watching down was like if when Fergie retires he goes up stairs and goes to every game. Pressure would be absolutely immense.

/yawn

Find another thread to troll please.

It was a ligitimate post which was on topic to the discussion we were having. How is that trolling just because i posted something you did not like?

It was a ligitimate post which was on topic to the discussion we were having. How is that trolling just because i posted something you did not like?

Net spend was about 20 million.
Bellamy is great.
Henderson's played well, the rest have been quite poor, but so did the rest of the team, so it's unfair to pick them out.

Nerp.

Reputable source says Klopp is number one target.

Bit silly since he doesn't want to join, but hey.

Net spend was about 20 million.
Bellamy is great.
Henderson's played well, the rest have been quite poor, but so did the rest of the team, so it's unfair to pick them out.

Nerp.

Net spend was about 35 million. But he still laid out close to 100 million last summer alone, and overall not very well. Even with money recouped thats still wasteful. The money wasnt there to be thrown away, as has been shown by heads rolling, financial figures, and your extrapolated likely budget this summer.

Last edited:
Still better spent that Roy mind. But not saying too much there. Need to be much shrewder this summer.

Net spend was about 35 million. But he still laid out close to 100 million last summer alone, and overall not very well. Even with money recouped thats still wasteful. The money wasnt there to be thrown away, as has been shown by heads rolling, financial figures, and your extrapolated likely budget this summer.

£67.1m was spent last summer (as we'd normally understand it - although that also includes various fees payable on transfers which don't get much coverage when talking about buying players eg of the total £143m spent, since July 2010, £7m was to agents!). c.£18.5m was recouped. So net spend was £48.6m. Against that, the wage bill was reported to have fallen by £20m to £30m, which is possible I guess but we'll see next accounts - my doubts about the amount is mainly over whether it's a temporary fall while Cole and Aquilani are out on loan.

£76m was spent and received up to the end of the January transfer window, though that also includes deals done under Hodgson and Purslow, as well as the Suarez/Torres/Babel/Carroll deals which Kenny had barely any influence upon.

Know some idiots are giving out otherwise but there was investment and the £30m above what the club can afford currently without CL football came from the owners putting in an interest free loan. But sending Comolli out to negotiate transfers clearly failed, hence him getting the sack and that part of his remit, by all accounts, going to the MD now.

This summer's budget will be smaller unless the owners chip in or we dig into our overdraft because obviously a club only has so much cash to spend in a year and only Real Madrid pay cash upfront for players so we're still paying for players previously bought. Come the summer after this, and assuming totally flat revenues and a £20m reduction in the wage bill, there'll be around £40m a year to allocate between transfer fees and player wages. The year after, another £10m can be allocated. That's without selling a single player, albeit perhaps assuming that Cole and Aquilani will no longer be on the books.

If FSG are looking at long term plans, they'll be hoping to increase revenues by a further £60m a year even without a new stadium, though the bulk of that will be from CL football. Whether they are looking at long term plans is a discussion which doesn't seem particularly clear to anyone right now.

Last edited:
Manager is changing every second, fair to say no-one knows anything

reported that AVB was going to be appointed 2 days ago, now Martinez favourite for it, Now Klopp number 1.

Getting boring now.

I fear it is going to be Martinez. If keeping Wigan up really is a pre requisite for this job then standards are slipping. League table suggests there are 14 better managers than him in the prem alone. Ok that point can be offset by other factors, but you get what I'm saying.

reported that AVB was going to be appointed 2 days ago, now Martinez favourite for it, Now Klopp number 1.

Getting boring now.

Klopp would not go to liverpool

I'm starting to think a lot of managers are ruling this option out not because of reputation of club but because of the structure our owners want in place. The approach we're going for seems to be you pick the team and choose the tactics whilst having limited if any control over transfers. It's a glorified coach not a manager.

Getting boring now.

Not a chance with Klopp, already ruled himself out, building something great at Dortmund, a better team and got CL football than Liverpool at the moment as well.

Last edited:
Back