Was just about to post this

View attachment 250350

This proves EXACTLY the point Liverpool were trying to make

Pacheco himself said it means basically 'mate'

Evra Case was based on one word against another, i will always say it

Evra said he said it 8 times
Suarez said he called him it once

No evidence what so ever.

It doesnt mean mate, it has never meant mate. You can use it colloqiually as a greeting to a FRIEND. It comes across differently to someone who is not a friend, it is much closer to an insult. You do not walk up to to someone you dont know, or are not on good terms and use it. And it was a bit more than word against another

Last edited:
It doesnt mean mate, it has never meant mate. You can use it colloqiually as a greeting to a FRIEND. It comes across differently to someone who is not a friend, it is much closer to an insult. You do not walk up to to someone you dont know, or are not on good terms and use it. And it was a bit more than word against another

We all have our views on it, i just simply find it really amusing when this happens, and then when Evra takes so much insult over it

This proves EXACTLY the point Liverpool were trying to make

Pacheco himself said it means basically 'mate'

Evra Case was based on one word against another, i will always say it

Evra said he said it 8 times
Suarez said he called him it once

No evidence what so ever.

And in the report the word mentioned was "Negro" not "Negrito".

We all have our views on it, i just simply find it really amusing when this happens, and then when Evra takes so much insult over it

In terms of the actual term its not a view. Its actually what it means works terms of language. Could argue everything else about this till the end of time, who said what etc the rest of the issue is murky.

But it will never mean mate in the way you tried to portray it. Ever. Saying otherwise is factually incorrect, repeating it as the truth is pedding bullishit. Im with Lee on. its ******* yawn so I'm out. But it doesnt take a genius to work that Pacheco and johnson are friends. Suarez and Evra were not. Got banned, served it and is back, move on.

I thought the word Suarez used was negro? Either way, everyone shut up, please, do not start this again.

EDIT: Didn't realise we had so many amateur language experts on the site.

Im changing subject, for obvious reasons..

Now im not defending Downing for the Price, as it was overpaid BUT, he didnt exactly do that bad compared..

am i right in saying Adam got 10 assists last season yet Downing got none, and he created less?

The data makes interesting reading. Here's a list of our top 10 chance creators in the 2011-12 Barclays Premier League (minutes played in brackets).
1. Luis Suarez - 61 (2,556)
2. Stewart Downing - 55 (2,477)
3. Charlie Adam - 47 (2,175)
4. Dirk Kuyt - 40 (2,002)
5. Andy Carroll - 40 (2,065)
6. Jose Enrique - 34 (2,992)
7. Craig Bellamy - 32 (1,241)
8. Jordan Henderson - 31 (2,663)
9. Steven Gerrard - 27 (1,212)
10. Glen Johnson - 22 (1,952)

I thought the word Suarez used was negro? Either way, everyone shut up, please, do not start this again.

EDIT: Didn't realise we had so many amateur language experts on the site.

Dont need to be an expert to understand what context is. We use it every day when we speak to each other, alomost everything we say is nuanced by the context on the situation.

Im changing subject, for obvious reasons..

Now im not defending Downing for the Price, as it was overpaid BUT, he didnt exactly do that bad compared..

am i right in saying Adam got 10 assists last season yet Downing got none, and he created less?

The data makes interesting reading. Here's a list of our top 10 chance creators in the 2011-12 Barclays Premier League (minutes played in brackets).
1. Luis Suarez - 61 (2,556)
2. Stewart Downing - 55 (2,477)
3. Charlie Adam - 47 (2,175)
4. Dirk Kuyt - 40 (2,002)
5. Andy Carroll - 40 (2,065)
6. Jose Enrique - 34 (2,992)
7. Craig Bellamy - 32 (1,241)
8. Jordan Henderson - 31 (2,663)
9. Steven Gerrard - 27 (1,212)
10. Glen Johnson - 22 (1,952)

But Charlie Adam wasnt much better either. Overall both were pretty poor. Downing's delivery was often poor, moreso his decision making when it game to crossing. And finishing from him and liverpool in general was poor

Dont need to be an expert to understand what context is. We use it every day when we speak to each other, alomost everything we say is nuanced by the context on the situation.

And as per report Suarez didn't use the word "Negrito". It was "Negro". So Pacheo tweet has nothing to do with Suarez incident.

But Charlie Adam wasnt much better either. Overall both were pretty poor. Downing's delivery was often poor, moreso his decision making when it game to crossing. And finishing from him and liverpool in general was poor

Yes i agree, however you have someone that puts away 5-10 of them chances, Downing is suddenly seen completely differently

Liverpool didnt play as bad as what there position suggested, but there finishing was awful, conversion rate lowest in europe

Small difference but can change alot of things, but once again im not trying to defend anyone, it wasn't a good enough season

just found it interesting

He knows the controvosy it caused earlier more than most. Posting it on a site which is not private is just a stupid idea.

He's also posted said word before & during the controversy. It's only a stupid idea when people decide to turn it into something it's not.

He's also posted said word before & during the controversy. It's only a stupid idea when people decide to turn it into something it's not.

It's irresponsible of him to do it on something which is global especially with what happend with Suarez last season.

It's irresponsible of him to do it on something which is global especially with what happend with Suarez last season.

It's not controversial or irresponsible. Only controversial if people dont understand the context.

Back