The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Am I literally the only one here that doesn't think we'll sell Carroll? :S

I really really don't want us to sell Carroll and I'm even less keen on the idea of us loaning him out. But not wanting to sell him and thinking we will are two different things.

Looking at what you spent for him, what his impact was towards the end of last season, and his impact at the Euros (great goal, real presence, and useful in defence) it'd be reactionary to sell him. While he might not fit into the system directly it'd be great to have him in the squad, the question is more will FSG pay his wages to have a 35m man sat on the bench losing value instead of selling him and writing some of that off.

Am I literally the only one here that doesn't think we'll sell Carroll? :S
I personally don't want him to be sold, but I think he will... Whether its on loan or permanent.. Selling him would again leave us light in the strikers department.. Borini, Suarez and Carroll would be fine

i dont think we should sale him it better to have 3 different kinds of strikers.

Looking at what you spent for him, what his impact was towards the end of last season, and his impact at the Euros (great goal, real presence, and useful in defence) it'd be reactionary to sell him. While he might not fit into the system directly it'd be great to have him in the squad, the question is more will FSG pay his wages to have a 35m man sat on the bench losing value instead of selling him and writing some of that off.

He didn't have a particularly big impact at the Euros.

Good signing by Rodgers. Borini was very good in the Serie A last season and he is someone who Rodgers knows well.

​Maxi's Letter to LFC Fans

Dear Reds, I am leaving Liverpool FC today.

Before signing for LFC, I just saw the club as one of the greatest institutions in football. After my time here I can confirm that this is not just a great club but also a great family.

I have tried to give everything every day that I was wearing the LFC crest. It has been a great honour to defend this shirt during two and a half years. I am returning home with a suitcase full of great memories, good friends within the team and also within this great family that works every day in the club. Thanks a lot for your support. You can NOT imagine what a great honour it was for me when the Kop sang, 'Maxi, Maxi Rodríguez runs down the wing for me da da da da dada...'

Hasta la vista.

Maxi

Very classy way to bow out Maxi nice. Thought he deserved to play more than he did last season. For what we signed him for, he was a great player for us.

Liverpool have today confirmed they have completed the signing of AS Roma forward Fabio Borini.

The Italy international has put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Reds after agreeing terms and passing a medical at Melwood.
In joining the club, Borini becomes Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager.
The 21-year-old has worked with the Reds' new boss before during a loan spell at Swansea City in 2011, while he has also represented Chelsea.
Last season he scored 10 goals in 26 appearances for Roma and earned his international debut in a friendly against USA. He was then a part of Italy's Euro 2012 squad.
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/borini-completes-lfc-transfer

prliverpoolnewboy03.jpg

prliverpoolnewboy01.jpg

Pretty gutted about Maxi, felt he could do a job and fit into this system very well, especially considering his link up play with the likes of Suarez was very good when he played

But not playing for a few years and a return to his home in mind, its not surprising

Pretty gutted about Maxi, felt he could do a job and fit into this system very well, especially considering his link up play with the likes of Suarez was very good when he played

But not playing for a few years and a return to his home in mind, its not surprising

Agree with that. From what I saw of the games he played he had some blinders. Very surprised. I would've given him some more games to strutt his stuff

Agree with that. From what I saw of the games he played he had some blinders. Very surprised. I would've given him some more games to strutt his stuff

Dalglish and Hodgson both didnt really want him in the first 11 enough, made him want to leave, Rodgers clearly wanted him as a return was on the cards weeks ago, damage was already done by previous managers for not playing him

Maxi 2010/11 – a goal every 204 mins in the Premier League, more often than any other Liverpool player. Played 60% of the available mins

Maxi 2011/12 – a goal every 203 mins in the Premier League, more often than any other Liverpool player. Played just 23% of the available mins.

Maxi from 20 April 2011 – a goal every 103 mins in the Premier League. Do you want some context for that? Robin van Persie scored a goal every 111 mins this season. Since that date, Maxi played just 28% of the available mins. A criminal waste of talent by Dalglish, it has to be said.

via Bass Tuned To Red

Back