The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
It seemed before Carroll became known Demosey was set to move, since Carroll maybe they have changed their stance and want Carroll as part of the deal in some way

Wouldnt surprise me, it becomes a much better deal for them.

Wouldnt surprise me, it becomes a much better deal for them.

May be a bit of a gamble, swapping one of their best players and paying 9mil+ on top for Carroll though... Interesting to see what happens

think he may,

but would you fulham fans really want to part with probably your best player and 9mil+ on top...?

we're going to part with him with him anyway but if it was for Carroll, I think it would be excellent acquisition considering his age. I'm not sure this story has legs though.... How could Liverpool justify selling their £35 million signing to the owners after 1 and half seasons? I don't think he is the type of forward Martin Jol would go for either as he is more interested in technical strikers rather than big target men. Plus, I don't see Carroll signing for us, if he has ambitions then he would be better to stay at Liverpool.

we're going to part with him with him anyway but if it was for Carroll, I think it would be excellent acquisition considering his age. I'm not sure this story has legs though.... How could Liverpool justify selling their £35 million signing to the owners after 1 and half seasons? I don't think he is the type of forward Martin Jol would go for either as he is more interested in technical strikers rather than big target men. Plus, I don't see Carroll signing for us, if he has ambitions then he would be better to stay at Liverpool.

suppose, i just dont see Carroll fitting into this system, so for large parts of the season i can see him on the bench or largely as the back up plan

Yeah, don't think this story has anything it either. Besides, didn't Fulham just sign Petric? Not sure why you'd sign him then go out and buy Carroll, doesn't make much sense.

In what world do Liverpool think they will get £20m for Carroll? Football has gone truly mad if someone buys him for that much.

In what world do Liverpool think they will get £20m for Carroll? Football has gone truly mad if someone buys him for that much.

This. Camolli and Dalglish really did have one of the worse 12 months buying wise i have ever seen from any club, and this is not me being too critical or exaggerating.. Now the owners seem to be realising this, if they sell the players, they will make a big loss

The ever so reliable Duncan Jenking's says Liverpool's Walcott interest is real. Which I don't like, he's far too inconsistent.

And for Joe Allen, who everyone seems to think will be our next signing, the price going around is about £12m.

The ever so reliable Duncan Jenking's says Liverpool's Walcott interest is real. Which I don't like, he's far too inconsistent.

And for Joe Allen, who everyone seems to think will be our next signing, the price going around is about £12m.

BenSmithBBC also said walcott interest is real but just that for now... for me he has all the attributes to be a TOP player, although he has been inconsistant... i still think it would be a very good buy

Also rumours the man to replace Carroll may be Kevin Mirrallas from Olympiakos, good goal scoring record but dont know much else about him.. scored 20 goals in 25 games last year and would cost 6.4m as he has a buy out clause

Last edited:
LFC Site down at the moment for anyone else? I wanted to check the tour squad, anyone got the list?

LFC Site down at the moment for anyone else? I wanted to check the tour squad, anyone got the list?

Goalkeepers
Peter Gulacsi
Brad Jones
Danny Ward

Defenders
Daniel Agger
Jamie Carragher
Jon Flanagan
Stephen Sama
Brad Smith
Glen Johnson
Jose Enrique
Martin Skrtel
Danny Wilson
Martin Kelly
Ryan McLaughlin
Andre Wisdom
Jack Robinson

Midfielders
Charlie Adam
Alberto Aquilani
Joe Cole
Suso
Lucas Leiva
Stewart Downing
Steven Gerrard
Jordan Henderson
Jonjo Shelvey
Jay Spearing
Raheem Sterling
Jordon Ibe

Strikers
Adam Morgan
Andy Carroll
Daniel Pacheco
Krisztian Adorjan
Fabio Borini
Nathan Eccleston

Suarez - Olympics
Reina - Time off/Rested

So is Andy Carroll there or not? I've heard some people say that SkySports reported that Andy Carroll wasn't going. Other people say that he has indeed gone with the team.

Or am I completely off track here?

So is Andy Carroll there or not? I've heard some people say that SkySports reported that Andy Carroll wasn't going. Other people say that he has indeed gone with the team.

Andy Carroll IS going, but is meeting up with the squad there, he didn't fly with them

As far as I know the players who were at the Euros still have time off so will be joining later or not at all.

As far as I know the players who were at the Euros still have time off so will be joining later or not at all.

Of course... That makes sense. Thanks!

On another note; Skysports reporting that Liverpool & Arsenal are interested in signing Kevin Mirallas.

Of course... That makes sense. Thanks!

On another note; Skysports reporting that Liverpool & Arsenal are interested in signing Kevin Mirallas.

Like I put in the last page, he has a brilliant goal scoring record for Olynpiakos, and will be cheap at 6.4Mil.. But it was in the Greek league

Back