The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I reckon we 'll do better next year. I hope we get round the player protection clause and sign Allen. Allen, Lucas and Gerrard would be a very good midfield trio.

Lucas' return will be worth a 30 million player signing himself if he returns to how he was last year.
A team of...
Reina
Johnson-Agger-Skrtel-Enrique(Robinson?)
Gerrard-Lucas-Allen
Dempsey-Borini-Suarez

Could work well. I think Carroll's all but gone personally and Dempsey'll probably sign. I think that's a likely team. We'll still have the likes of...
Carra, Kelly, Coates, Aquilani, Henderson, Adam, Downing, Cole, Spearing, Bellamy etc for the bench

We will need more wingers/strikers, but that wouldn't be a disaster.

I'd say the side is in great shape. Problem last season was sticking away chances, and that was -without- Lucas helping you guys out. Dempsey (if you get him) and Suarez will stretch defences with the quality of the fullbacks you have - perhaps an extra man would be useful who can play on the wing/up front, but can't have everything you want. I'd say the side looks competitive, especially if the defence stays fit.

DId you release TOm Walsh and mIchael wilson, need to know for my update? WIlson was extended on retained list, but on liverpool wiki said he left...

Lucas' return will be worth a 30 million player signing himself if he returns to how he was last year.
A team of...
Reina
Gerrard-Lucas-Allen
Dempsey-Borini-Suarez

Could work well. I think Carroll's all but gone personally and Dempsey'll probably sign. I think that's a likely team. We'll still have the likes of...
Carra, Kelly, Coates, Aquilani, Henderson, Adam, Downing, Cole, Spearing, Bellamy etc for the bench

Imo thats a brilliant squad! keep them fit and I am very confident of challenging for top 4, it's just of we keep them fit... Lucas, Saurez, Gerrard ETC are key

Add another player maybe Allen and If I had to say someone Walcott. But unlikely.. Think we'll do well

A team of...
Reina
Gerrard-Lucas-Allen
Dempsey-Borini-Suarez

Dempsey rarely plays on the right so I think you could see something like Borini - Suarez - Dempsey assuming he signs. I remember Borini playing on a flank when he was on loan at Swansea and I think it was the right.

Dempsey rarely plays on the right so I think you could see something like Borini - Suarez - Dempsey assuming he signs. I remember Borini playing on a flank when he was on loan at Swansea and I think it was the right.

Yes with this front three they can really play all across this front three, so i'd imagine a very interchangeable team, making hard to mark players and giving them more space and time on the ball

If Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez, Agger and Joe Allen if we sign him, don't get injured I reckon we can have a much better season.

Would love Joe Allen, although the 15Mil being touted around is too much.. 10mil max IMO...

Same with Dempsey, we shouldn't pay no more than 8Mil

Would love Joe Allen, although the 15Mil being touted around is too much.. 10mil max IMO...

Same with Dempsey, we shouldn't pay no more than 8Mil

Yeah Joe Allen is a top quality player, I watched a lot of Swansea last season at he was the stand out player by far, and IMO £15M is a good enough price for him as I can see him being a leading player in the Prem

I agree with the Dempsey point but a reckon Joe Allen is worth 15 mil.

Yeah Joe Allen is a top quality player, I watched a lot of Swansea last season at he was the stand out player by far, and IMO £15M is a good enough price for him as I can see him being a leading player in the Prem

Just think after over paying on all the players in the last 18 months, 15 would be too much..

Although Mark Davies has been approached by swansea so looks like he would be the replacement, looking likely we will sign him

Just think after over paying on all the players in the last 18 months, 15 would be too much..

Although Mark Davies has been approached by swansea so looks like he would be the replacement, looking likely we will sign him

Yeah i can see where you are coming from but i don't think it would be overpaying :P

15 million is too much for Allen. Don't get me wrong, he had a great year, is young, and would fit in well etc. But coming from Swansea, 15 million is too much.

Let's be honest, there is no doubt he is worth around £15m, the only reason you [and others] think we shouldn't pay that sort of price is because he plays for Swansea... That shouldn't effect his value, especially as Swansea don't need to sell.

I don't think we'll go as high as £15m, though, would imagine a fee of around £12m will be agreed, which, IMO, is a very good deal. Won't get many [if any] young, British midfielders for that price. Well worth it, especially if it means we don't have to play Adam :P

The line-up of:

Reina

Johnson [Kelly] - Skrtel [Coates] Agger [Wilson] - Enrique [Robinson]

Allan [Shelvey] - Lucas [Spearing] - Gerrard [Henderson]

Suarez [Bellamy] - Borini [Carroll] - Dempsey [Downing]

Pretty ****-tastic, IMO! Great young back-up players too! Not forgetting the likes of Adam, Carragher, Coady, Wisdom, Flanagan, Sterling, & Suso etc!

Let's be honest, there is no doubt he is worth around £15m, the only reason you [and others] think we shouldn't pay that sort of price is because he plays for Swansea... That shouldn't effect his value, especially as Swansea don't need to sell.

I don't think we'll go as high as £15m, though, would imagine a fee of around £12m will be agreed, which, IMO, is a very good deal. Won't get many [if any] young, British midfielders for that price. Well worth it, especially if it means we don't have to play Adam :P

The line-up of:

Reina

Johnson [Kelly] - Skrtel [Coates] Agger [Wilson] - Enrique [Robinson]

Allan [Shelvey] - Lucas [Spearing] - Gerrard [Henderson]

Suarez [Bellamy] - Borini [Carroll] - Dempsey [Downing]

Pretty ****-tastic, IMO! Great young back-up players too! Not forgetting the likes of Adam, Carragher, Coady, Wisdom, Flanagan, Sterling, & Suso etc!

First team is undoubtedly good if it does end up being that, but lets be realistic, the amount of times you will play a full strength team due to injuries or what ever will not be constant. I think Liverpool's back up players are the weakness, I mean Spearing is not good enough for Liverpool with what they are trying to achieve, Downing well we all know about him. The defensive back ups do not really fill me with hope personally either, I think Liverpool could do with bringing in a few great rotational players as well.

First team is undoubtedly good if it does end up being that, but lets be realistic, the amount of times you will play a full strength team due to injuries or what ever will not be constant. I think Liverpool's back up players are the weakness, I mean Spearing is not good enough for Liverpool with what they are trying to achieve, Downing well we all know about him. The defensive back ups do not really fill me with hope personally either, I think Liverpool could do with bringing in a few great rotational players as well.

Were not in a position to bring in rotation players aswell, were trying to improve our first team before anything... people like Downing/Adam/Henderson i think will improve, especially downing, he was one of the top wingers in the league before joining LFC so you don't all of a sudden turn awful.. not saying they will be world beaters, but better..

IMO, and you may call me biased, our first team is as strong as any, but its a squad that wins the league, although without many injuries and a pretty consistant team i think we have a good chance of getting into that top 4, although we are not favourites

People will look at our spending, but think to get that money we have sold key players... Arbeloa, Garcia, Babel, Masch, Alonso, Torres, Meireles ETC

Last edited:
Best thing I've heard this morning!

Sahin on loan, and we're interested in Robinho oooo

Sahin would be an amazing signings, Robinho not so much. He disrupts team ethic and really isn't good enough to justify that.

Back