The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Sahin wont happen now this Allen deal looks set, at least i doubt it..

Robinho i would LOVE, but lets be honest it wont happen

SS reporting bidded for Allen. Unnamed club bid for him, which allowed us to then bid for him.

Sahin wont happen now this Allen deal looks set, at least i doubt it..

Robinho i would LOVE, but lets be honest it wont happen

Sahin wouldnt have happened anyway. he is totally reluctant to leave Madrid, otherwise he would already be at Spurs with Modric going the other way.

Sahin wouldnt have happened anyway. he is totally reluctant to leave Madrid, otherwise he would already be at Spurs with Modric going the other way.

Yea i didnt read too much into either really, both would have been very good signings, but its pure paper talk

Sahin would be fantastic but unlikely if we're getting in Allen, which I believe is likely. Robinho no thanks, he'll be off soon to Brazil or Saudi for a last big payday. I've watched Milan loads and he can either set up four goals or completely disappear in a game, so erratic.

Joe Allen. Swansea. 2011 - YouTube

Willingness to get forward, wins tackles, works hard..

Its his runs from midfield that were particularly impressive last year, something we really lacked!

Overall very happy with it if it goes through, even if the price is abit more than i thought!

1-1, nearly finished. Sterling/Morgan linked up for the goal. Pacheco, Sterling impressive. Lucas' return a big plus

Some of the comments are fans page make me laugh, they really are clueless...

However Suso i am a big admirer of, can be a huge talent in the future,as can sterling and Morgan

Overall it was more about fitness and analysing the youth players, decent performance, passing philosophy slowly taking shape,

was disappointed with Joe Cole, but he has games to improve

Latest rumours going around that Charlie Adam could be involved in a swap deal for Clint Dempsey.

Dempsey for Adam, then Allen signing, replacing Adam sounds good for me. Could still do with a striker/winger.

Tony Barrett (The Times): Swansea want £15M for Joe Allen, but #LFC only willing to pay £10M and #Swansea have to accept it says Laudrup.

10 mill would be cheap, 15 mill is a little pricey and I reckon 12 mill would be spot on market value for him. I'll believe that twitter status when I see a quote from Laudrup saying that.

Personally don't think the Adam to Swansea rumours are true.

Also, funny how Carroll rumours have gone from 10000 per day to complete silence.. Really was a load of nonsense from the start.

Tony Barrett (The Times): Swansea want £15M for Joe Allen, but #LFC only willing to pay £10M and #Swansea have to accept it says Laudrup.

Yeah, looks like the fee will be around £12m then. Very good price.

"Reds beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United to youngster, say reports in Brazilian media.
Liverpool have pulled off a coup by signing 15-year-old wonderkid William McLaren, billed the ‘new Neymar’.

McLaren’s real name is William Oliveira Souza but he has been nicknamed after the British Formula One racing team because he so quick across the ground.

The youngster had been due to join Sao Paulo on trial but Liverpool scouts reportedly got hold of a video of McLaren and beat the Brazilian club to his signature.

According to 101 Great Goals, McLaren told the Brazilian media: “A representative from Liverpool watched me play. He liked me and offered me a contract. Other clubs like Manchester [believed to be United], Chelsea and Arsenal were also interested.”

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has reportedly personally watched the starlet and offer him a three-year deal on Merseyside.

McLaren is expected to join up with the Liverpool development squad as soon as this weekend."

A video of him playing:
WILLIAM MCLAREN 1.wmv - YouTube

So what do you think? Personally, I'm really happy that we're scouting (and signing) players from south america; I'm glad to see us finally tapping into the south american market. This kid shows a lot of potential too.

"Reds beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United to youngster, say reports in Brazilian media.
Liverpool have pulled off a coup by signing 15-year-old wonderkid William McLaren, billed the ‘new Neymar’.

McLaren’s real name is William Oliveira Souza but he has been nicknamed after the British Formula One racing team because he so quick across the ground.

The youngster had been due to join Sao Paulo on trial but Liverpool scouts reportedly got hold of a video of McLaren and beat the Brazilian club to his signature.

According to 101 Great Goals, McLaren told the Brazilian media: “A representative from Liverpool watched me play. He liked me and offered me a contract. Other clubs like Manchester [believed to be United], Chelsea and Arsenal were also interested.”

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has reportedly personally watched the starlet and offer him a three-year deal on Merseyside.

McLaren is expected to join up with the Liverpool development squad as soon as this weekend."

A video of him playing:
WILLIAM MCLAREN 1.wmv - YouTube

So what do you think? Personally, I'm really happy that we're scouting (and signing) players from south america; I'm glad to see us finally tapping into the south american market. This kid shows a lot of potential too.

That video has to be very old surely? He looks closer to 10 than 15 in that.

About Joe Allen, this is some info I got last night from a Sky Sports Journo.

Michael Laudrup expects Allen to leave, however
Huw Jenkins is reluctant to sell him, and no firm bid has been made yet, I'm told.

Quite happy we seem to be close to wrapping up Allen deal, he can cover all CM positions.. although i still think 15million is a bit steep,

think the offer of Shelvey on loan and 10mil was good enough tbh... wouldnt go anymore than 12mil...

Back