The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
25 Million plus player sales is more than enough to be competitive, but its also the reason why i very much doubt we'll compete for the league again for a very long time, too much financial difference between us and the top teams

Should add that this isnt "ITK" simply a guestimation I did a couple of months ago based on the figures Liverpool released a few months back, though I feel its a pretty accurate ball park figure, which has been strengthened by the fact that Rodgers then said there would not be a spending spree.

Should add that this isnt "ITK" simply a guestimation I did a couple of months ago based on the figures Liverpool released a few months back, though I feel its a pretty accurate ball park figure, which has been strengthened by the fact that Rodgers then said there would not be a spending spree.

Agreed, although it still won't be much more than that if it was... Money is football nowadays, unless of course you are Barcelona...

West Ham have bidded more than 15 million for Carroll, but he probably won't want to join.

They aren't booing him anymore.. ; )

Well done Bellamy !!

Where's the sense in booing a member of the team you're supporting? I don't even...
I can understand booing Luis sort of, what with him playing for Uruguay, but Bellamy's on Team GB.

Where's the sense in booing a member of the team you're supporting? I don't even...
I can understand booing Luis sort of, what with him playing for Uruguay, but Bellamy's on Team GB.

For the reason people boo Cole, or Ferdinand, or Rooney. People are morons.

The fact they play for Liverpool plays a big part as well, probably one of the most hated clubs..

The fact they play for Liverpool plays a big part as well, probably one of the most hated clubs..

Yeah, I can kind of understand the Suarez booing.. But booing a GB player just because he plays for Liverpool? Pathetic Manchester

Yeah, I can kind of understand the Suarez booing.. But booing a GB player just because he plays for Liverpool? Pathetic Manchester

About as pathetic as Liverpool fans booing Rooney, or Ferdinand.

Right..... What's your point?

Just curious why its suddenly an outrage to Liverpool fans now, when it happens all the time. Or is it only bad when its one of your own players? Also curious why you tar all of Manchester.

It shouldn't happen when its GB or England. But its just as annoying to see people only complain when its one of their club players.

Just curious why its suddenly an outrage to Liverpool fans now, when it happens all the time. Or is it only bad when its one of your own players? Also curious why you tar all of Manchester.

It shouldn't happen when its GB or England. But its just as annoying to see people only complain when its one of their club players.

Basically you are making the assumption that all Liverpool players "only complain when its one of their club players".

Also I would hardly call it an "outrage". There hasn't been that much of a fuss about it from what I've seen. I doubt Bellamy even cares that they are booing him.

I'm a Rangers and Liverpool fan. I don't like players from Northern Ireland when they play for Celtic or United etc. but when those players are playing for Northern Ireland I get behind them and I'm sure its the same for most Liverpool fans who have players from their home country playing for rival teams.

Last edited:
Basically you are making the assumption that all Liverpool players "only complain when its one of their club players".

Actually, I was asking the question, why its suddenly an outrage now, when it happens all the time. I asked the question, not assumption has been made. Dont come a judgement that isnt there.

My point was that it shouldnt happen. This is GB not clubs. But equally the complaint shouldn't pop up simply because its your player.

Last edited:
Actually, I was asking the question, why its suddenly an outrage now, when it happens all the time. I asked the question, not assumption has been made. Dont come a judgement that isnt there.

Well then sorry for making the assumption that you made an assumption :P

Senegal need a new defence! Bellamy's poor knees!

It's pathetic that they would boo a Welsh, Liverpool player just because it's at Old Trafford..

So basically, I'm not allowed to complain about it because I'm a Liverpool fan? Yeah, good one.

Senegal need a new defence! Bellamy's poor knees!

It's pathetic that they would boo a Welsh, Liverpool player just because it's at Old Trafford..

So basically, I'm not allowed to complain about it because I'm a Liverpool fan? Yeah, good one.

Well done for totally and utterly missing the point. The fact is that it shouldnt be about clubs. Whether its th enumpties booing, or the complaints about. If you're complaining only because he's a liverpool player, then it makes you just as one eyed as them.

Well then sorry for making the assumption that you made an assumption :P

Its just the whole club thing ****** me off. The idiots booing particularly

As an aside, he's been an absolute menace tonight. Shame the service is been so poor.

Back